Maketoys MTRM-11 Meteor

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

Says the guy who probably doesn't own them.

They're friggin fantastic. Especially in alt mode. The only thing that "sucks" about them; is no heel Spurs.

2. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh? I own a MP11 mold and like it but be real, they're far from perfect. The lack of a locking torso and shoulder joints that unlock the front chest are a big let down.

I doubt seekers are on top of anyone's list but I'm all over these if they can clean up the bot mode.

3. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

Sorry, I meant he probably doesn't own iGears Coneheads mold(s).

Honestly I have no problem with the MP-11 mold. A locking torso/rotating torso .. Meh. So what? Such a minor upgrade. Now, MP-03 to MP-11 was a significant upgrade -- heel Spurs, better looking arms, and much better looking legs without the samurai skirt.

4. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Level Six Laser Lotus

I'd prefer if they'd stick with characters that still have no MP versions.

5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    It'll be interesting to see how these turn out. For me, if they can manage to have a clean alt mode that looks good while having an animation accurate bot mode, I will be very impressed. Also no fiddly transformation please. I like what I see with the silhouette with the lower legs.

6. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thought we were past the point of black silouettes by now...

7. Starscream1997

Starscream1997 Well-Known Member

Gotta agree I mean this may look better in some respects who knows its only a silhouette but it just seems a bit unnecessary when the offical one already exists IMO.

8. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

I beg to differ. When the official MP is lacking, I don't really count that. Reminds me of the old Classics/Universe Galvatron. Sure, he was an official release, but no collectors I know were happy to add him to their collection. Most wanted a better figure.

I'd also like to see a MP Hotrod. The MP-09 mold is just too large and fiddly for my tastes.

9. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i am intrigued. the silhouette kinda evokes to me that they'll be going super animation model with the bot mode [those sexy legs!] so im curious to see how that turns out!

10. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Can't wait for more info on this. I never thought the mp seeker mold was all that great.

11. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    I know it's not on most folks priority list (mine either), but I have to say I'm really curious to see what Maketoys have done with this.

If they can manage something aesthetically significant in bot mode, I might be interested.

12. Mighty Menasor

Mighty Menasor Well-Known Member

I realize most collectors own the MP seekers and therefore want the cone heads (especially after shelling out ridiculous money for Skywarp considering it's a glorified repaint)...but MT's Cone Heads would make the official seekers look terribly out of date (which they are). I really want seekers in my Decepticon MP collection so I purposely waited for a 3rd party to produce collector worthy seekers. To my eye, the current MP Seekers look more like Hasbro Toy 'R' Us exclusive toys then adult collectibles. So bring on the "MP" Seekers MT and then eventually the Cone heads.

13. botfan

botfan Enter- Hospitality Botfan

Ditto. I'm pretty happy about this. Been waiting for ages for someone to have the guts to update the seekers. I really hope these turn out nice and they do some coneheads. Here's hoping for waist articulation!

14. Starscream1997

Starscream1997 Well-Known Member

True but let's be real Classics Galvatron was complete garbage, Mp 11 it's safe to say isn't garbage sure the legs were a bit boxy but overall it's a solid figure and a great addition to the MP shelf IMO. Like I can understand if something sucks so bad to go and get a better one that's why I'm getting PX Vulcan even though Hasbro already made an offical Foc Grimlock cause that one was a hollow flimsy mess. I mean that's just how I roll you do you.

15. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, I feel like El Guapo

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder what more they could do with them. I actually like the way they look.

17. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Probably not the best example, but my point is that the MP11 mold is far from stellar.

18. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    Hah!

Never thought I'd read someone type, "sure, the legs were a bit boxy..." in regard to anything inspired by the G1 seeker design.

19. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Definitely...for starters they could fix the gap between the his neck and his shoulders, it is quite a ghastly sight on the MP-11 mold, one that I simply can't unsee.

Secondly they could make it so everything tabs in just nicely.

Oh...and I also hope they get rid of the chins that Takara, FT and all the other third parties and their mommas want to put on characters that didn't have them in the toon!?(I know other characters in MP line that didn't have them in the toon have been given them, I despise it but can live with it because the figures are so awesome but would rather not have it!)

If all this is corrected they will have all my money as I don't own a single TT seeker.

20. duttry98

duttry98 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Epic GIF !