Maketoys MTRM-11 Meteor

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Soundwave GI

Soundwave GI Well-Known Member

Nice work! His face seems to be a bit narrow when you can see it fully. Definitely an improvement, but I still wish he could transform with an MP11 head on him. They really should have made the cockpit a bit larger to account for a bigger head. Despite the lame c-clip, the head bothers me most.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I found these pics in daimchoc.

3. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin TFW2005 Supporter

I agree when strictly speaking of aesthetics, but I think HM's proportions better match Despotron. Both options work though. When I see HM and MP-36 I think Sunbow, but when I see HM and Despotron I think of Starscream and Megatron's revoltech figures MP-ified.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Heh, I was actually thinking about the Revoltech figures yesterday. Both HM and Despotron really do look like upscaled transformable versions of those Revoltech representations.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TCJJ

TCJJ 105% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Man, that almost makes me want to go pre-order it right now. That's really nice.

I'm still going to pass on this for now. It's got just a few too many problems for me personally to really care for it.

I'm so in for Galaxy Meteor, though.

Right, yeah, that's what I would expect. TakaraTomy's offerings are usually pretty solid but as soon as another Tracks comes along, my MP Tracks is going back in his box (or onto another shelf). It um... has a nice alt mode?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Soundwave GI

Soundwave GI Well-Known Member

Lol, yeah, we all try to rationalize as best we can.

7. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of Sub-Atlantica

Preordered. :buttrock 

I kinda feel excited and dirty at the same time. I keep telling myself and others: Just about 10 more figures and I'm done. I've been saying this for years now but I'll never be done if they continue making such figures. What can I do, I'm a TF whore....

By the way, this review finally convinced me:

...and here are the money shots:
    1.JPG
    4.JPG

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  8. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Totally this. He totally reminds me of the Revoltech figs too. They are awesome little figures - wish they had made more and priced them at like $30. Any 3P want to have a go?

Yea - it's impossible to say "I'm done" when new stuff continues to roll out, with so many improvements and enhancements. I have pretty much got a fleet of YM jets - and yet I'm still getting one of these for myself to see how it looks in hand. I know it's a slippery slope that will start with just SS (to see how he feels), then TC & SW (because, well you need those 3), and then, wth - why not do the coneheads as well! Lol... Then the Sunstorms and Acidrains and who knows what else...

A slippery slope for sure....

But hell - it's fun.

• Like Like x 4
  9. BerserkPanda

BerserkPanda Member

As with everything in life, everyone has their own opinion. But for me this guy is beautiful. He essentially represents the image my 8 year old self still has in his head from countless VHS re-watches.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    No, its sin was that they had poor QC or engineering on the joints. I got one of the 'rebuilt' versions recently (I forgot who was doing them) and it's like a whole different toy. Just by fixing the joints. They could have done that the first time around, and they DEFINITELY could (and should) have gotten it right with the American release which came out later and was actually slightly remolded anyway in its joints.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    If I'm able to score one of these for cheap, I will. But since I already have literally 5 MP starscreams (MP-3, Walmart MP-3, iGear, MP-11, TRU MP-11) This is a very low priority as far as 'filling a character need.' It is DEFINITELY the most Sunbow-accurate option, but I'm not sure that actually appeals to me more than the existing MP-11 mold's appearance. (Yes, I know HM is a vastly superior toy overall)

12. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

Ah. Nice to see. Planning to do that same thing, accuracy be damned, I always paint Starsream's face silver.
    Except my MP-3 Walscream already has a silver face. I spruce up all of my MPs to one degree or another, particularly panel lining on white. Eager to try out some of that on Meteor.

• Like Like x 1
  13. dmarsee

dmarsee Well-Known Member

I've done a bit of panel lining before. It seems to be more effective on figures with lots molded details. I wonder if MT Meteor is the kind of figure that would take advantage of that?

14. jjh

jjh Well-Known Member

That painted face is an awesome upgrade. Makes a world of difference to my eyes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jetrobo

jetrobo Well-Known Member

Hmmm.. I'm actually digging the look of this with the MP11 head. It wouldn't be hard to make some shin thrusters out of styrene, and scribe a couple of panel lines on the shoulders. That's really all this needs.

Only if they make TC and SW, though. ..

16. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

After seeing how TT's seekers turned out (and owning a few of them), I got rid of them and resigned myself to never having MP-styled seekers. May have to revisit that decision with this release...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

Ditto. I loved the Revoltech figures. And I agree that HM looks a LOT like Revoltech Starscream. There's that guy who does Revoltech-style figures, Custom Robots I think he goes by, but the figures are hard to find and pretty expensive. I've often toyed with picking up some of his stuff but can never bring myself to spend the money when there's so much other stuff to get. That actually led me to move on to Iron Factory's stuff, which is just lovely and at a similar kind of scale but can also transform, and at the same price point or less.

Man, I keep going back and forth on HM. I'm really put off when I see how toony he is, but whenever I see those dynamic poses and look at my MP-03 and think how he's pretty much limited to just moving his arms, it makes me want to be back in. I'm still out, but I may cave further down the road if he's still available and I have some moolah to throw at it.

18. simonsays

simonsays Well-Known Member

At the end of the month, the money i can spend for my hobby will def go to this MT fig, the posability is just so good in robot mode, and the fact i have Despo, shin painted and all, even more so want me to pick up HM, i figure these will look very nice together, what i def will do is paint the face a tad lighter shade, cant wait for this figure, together with Despo this gives me that feelin', that feelin' of pure joy when you have see the rendition of those characters you loved as a kid almost come to life..
    I like these figures, also because they are not perfect, if they were i prob wouldnt want to fiddle around with paint a bit and just play with 'm, i would prob want to put it behind glass, and that i would never want, for me these things are ment to be played with!
    And HM to me represents just that, sheer fun!! cant wait!

19. Artereis

Artereis Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see the TC/SW colors on this figure.

• Like Like x 1
  20. simonsays

simonsays Well-Known Member

I really hope that MT will take a shot at the later figs too, Galv, Scourge, and espescially Cyclonus which is a fave of mine, just like SS and SW are, and Megs and.... ohh gosh, on the other hand maybe it is better that they don't, my shelf is packed and i cant really part with any of the bots i have left... storage i feel is like some sort of prison lol, wouldn't want that! lol

• Like Like x 1