Maketoys MTRM-11 Meteor

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Wow, this looks good except the face sculpt. Articulation the best we will probably see. Only problem is now that TT's are done, I'd have to get 6 to 10 of every 3p seeker mold I choose. The original 6 with a ghost and rainmakers. Thats going to be too much money So, I'm going to wait an see if anyone else makes a seeker mold like FT or KFC/XTB. Maketoys has my headmaster money and target masters but as good as this looks, I'm out of funds after a few bad experiences.

2. simonsays

simonsays Well-Known Member

This thing will knock it out the park alongside Despotron and MP10, alongside Takara Megs, hmm i don't know.. Tak Megs looks pretty helpless as is, i feel like it might look like this starscream could have him for breakfast, that shoulnd't look right i reccon, Megs needs to have superiority amongst his ranks, not being outclassed... well my opinion anyhow..

3. Chaoticon

Chaoticon Well-Known Member

Diaper flap is hideous, total deal breaker unless this is dirt cheap.

Yeah right....arrrgh it's so hard to find something wrong with this guy to convince people not to buy it....

But then of course if no one buys it then how can we have the full set of seekers. Thing is, that's not something that anyone would have to worry about. Just look at this thing man, it's gonna get sold out within a week when it gets released

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dev1160

Dev1160 A.K.A. DevastaTTor

Agreed. So much to like, but the headsculpt/face is bad. And unlike Despotron, this looks the part of a cartoon-inspired, MP scale figure so getting the face right is more critical with this release, especially with all the repainted potential.

5. simonsays

Just look at the sculpt of downbeat, there is no better Jazz available, they nailed it, i'm pretty confident this will be looked at and they will continue to sculpt until IT IS starscream, like, they HAVE to right?
    Otherwise we need to tell them!
    Just like the headlights with Downbeat, i think it got through?

Common MT this is too good to let it slip...

6. simonsays

I do agree that the crotch area is on the quite present scale, however at this point all i see is mad posability, and an esthetic none have pulled of yet with a seeker mold, including Toyworld's cones.

I have to buy this now.... DAMNIT... i have Despo so resistance is futile, i need to put this Howling Meteor SS aside his master, oh darnnn there goes the money...

7. gluejohn

gluejohn Well-Known Member

hoping the jet is 1/60 scale, the canopy transparent, and that we can fit a little pilot in there!

• Like Like x 1
  8. simonsays

Tbh, these new pics for me is the best TF news i got so far this year...
    Nothing comes close for me yet..
    From childhood only Cyclonus and Metroplex are higher up the ladder for figures i like thed the most, we so needed a good seeker mold with real articulation..

Man, this has an abcrunch, waist swivel, full bend at the knee, ankle rocker...
    why oh why did it take SO long untill FINALLY someone took this seriousilly!?

Was there a digibash of alt mode done allready?

Btw, what happened to update the first post of a popular thread like this one, so to ensure all relevant pics get posted there also!
    I hate it that on this forum that is getting more and more forgotten!!

MOD? Anyone?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  9. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

Is there an expected release date for Maketoys Howling Meteor, aka Starscream?

10. 86mcss

86mcss Well-Known Member

this looks promising but will they be the first company to give us multiple seeker faces? straight face? winking face? yelling face?

11. tomac66

tomac66 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope that they fix the intakes too, if they do it like in the MP-3/MP-11 mold, it would look a lot better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Guess I'm gonna be selling my HasTak seekers...upgrading all three (and the eventual coneheads) is gonna be painful but it's a mold that's really showing it's age

13. kollekxon

kollekxon Well-Known Member

My wallet hates this, my hastak seekers hate this, and I dont care this looks so good!

14. zgbsn721

zgbsn721 Well-Known Member

That's a super nitpicky complaint, but it does look better.

I hope they do something to address the limited ankle rocker. He's not even in that wide of a stance in this picture and his feet are not touching.

• Like Like x 1
  15. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

Issues:

1) Feet look a little cheap.
    2) Needs more ankle tilt.
    3) Facesculpt needs updating.

Otherwise, I'm super excited for this release.

• Like Like x 3
  16. ckchan

ckchan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry i may have miss it but i don't remember seeing any clear pictures of the face and yet i see many complaining about it already

17. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    not many. just the general shape is off. probably why they are hiding it

18. TheTFCollector

TheTFCollector Well-Known Member

I agree, super excited about a more toon accurate starscream. I want these, and am willing to spend the money. I will keep my TAK's in Vehicle Mode, and these for the bot mode.

Only Complaint: He is all forehead.....Do you see a face in there somewhere? Cant anybody get a seaker face sculpt? Is it that hard??

Only Hope/Wish: He comes in somewhere between MP11 and MP36 Megatron in height. Not quite as tall as megatron, but a little taller than TAK's.

Tigerblade, Love your idea of foot extentions for Shockwave....Hopefully some company will take your idea and fix my decepticon shelf. Shockwave deserved better!

-Bob

19. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I got all excited and saw some dudes post on Facebook comparing this figure to accessories that are coming with TW's version and I didn't realize it at first but I thought the accessories were for this figure. I was all excited because of everything it showed. Then I learned it wasn't for this version. In any case, I don't have a Starscream and almost was going to get the Coronation Starscream but if this version would come with some of those same accessories then that would be really cool. I'm holding off on any purchase till I see what this guy will be like.

20. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I like this guy from Devastation too, but clearly Maketoys is going for a toon accurate one with minimal panel details just like Downbeat.

• Like Like x 2