Maketoys MTRM-08 Despotron (Masterpiece Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Fenz

Fenz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow... ill wish the face next hehe super duper great mods u done..

2. witeter

witeter Well-Known Member

Still a stunner
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MP-Decepticons-07.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  4. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After Despotron sees the new pictures of MP-36 Megatron.
    Despotron: Bring it Grandpa britches!
    MT-Megatron-01.jpg MT-Megatron-02.jpg

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 10
  5. ckchan

ckchan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    guys, after looking at the recent TT MP meg, i think it will disappoint me just like the way MP shockwave disappoint me. Now, i'm really tempted to get this figure but have not been following this thread. mind telling me if there is any issues with this figure that i should be aware of?

Thanks in advance

6. Ralphenator

Ralphenator Well-Known Member

In gun mode, the barrel on mine isn't the straightest. It can drupe the slightest bit. Also you have to bang on some of the pins to get the lower legs tightened a bit so that they won't collapse. Look on Youtube and you will find fix it videos. It's really not that hard. Took me about five minutes. That long small panel that makes up the bottom of his chest can get scratched easily and looks to be a different color silver to the rest of his chest. Other than that, Despotron is pretty darn good. I imagine that the build quality of the TT will be good as well. However, that transformation is really complicated and looks fiddely to the point of not being enjoyable. I really would like to see a picture of Despotron next to Megatron 2.0. I feel Despotron looks a little too much like Megs on steroids, but TT looks like he retired and went to the old folks home. I really don't like all the panel lines, the dainty feet and the boney girl arms on that thing, but I won't be able to definitively tell until I see them side by side.

• Like Like x 3
  7. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

Ebay:
    Facebook:
  8. Vex

Vex The Labyrinth King

Yeah same here. I fear i might have done another mistake when i went with TT Megs instead of this guy. But i'll try and keep my mind open...

9. Gen jay

Gen jay Well-Known Member

Pretty sure TT megs, being an official figure, will be easier to sell down the track.

Like most it was between the two, and I just love despotron's design / proportion better. Mine has no issues with his knees, and is a sturdy, intuitive figure. Love it.

• Like Like x 4
  10. GR1ML0CK

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That official mp Megatron transformation and the silencer an stock are awesome. The end result though is very wtf. His head is clearly visible in gun mode. Some awesome badcube type transformation though. Despotron looks much better to me.

• Like Like x 2
  11. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun TFW2005 Supporter

Sigh... just ordered Takara's. I'll have to mess around with it and compare it to Despo. The alt mode for the official looks kinda fucked up a little, but robot mode does look nice even with the lines and shit. I'll probably keep both since I know I love Despo and I don't see myself getting rid of the official. First world problems...

• Like Like x 1
  12. kollekxon

kollekxon Well-Known Member

Just finished Pham's video for the MP Megs and I have to admit that there are some good things about the MP. Its not enough to replace Despotron with a purchase the MP figure. Despo just looks so much cleaner and the transformation isn't so complex. I know others prefer a more challenging transformer. I'm just not into this one

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  13. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

The transformation of the TT Megs v2 is pretty impressive, and I commend them for pulling it off, but I just don't like bot or alt mode. Bot mode is cartoon accurate to a fault, and alt mode looks like a jigsaw puzzle.

I was kinda thinking I might double dip, just to have the official, but I don't think it's worth it.

I certainly am glad I got Despotron!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin TFW2005 Supporter

I think Soundwave is the only official Decepticon MP I actually like (not counting Exhaust and Loud Pedal because even though I love them, they are Diaclone to me).

Soundwave looks like a ruthless Decepticon, while Megs and Shockwave look like they already have a retreat plan in motion. I get that a lot of people want the goofy toon Decepticons, but not me. I like my cold and calculating Quakewave and I LOVE my tyrannical warrior Despotron. Can't wait for MT to give me proper seekers as well.

• Like Like x 4
  15. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

The perfect picture would be a shot of Despotron pointing his cannon at TT Megs head and telling him "look at the flowers." The pictures highlight the bad proportions on TT Megs with the skinny long legs and short torso. Jigsaw puzzle is what I saw as well with the parts exposed. A lot of time and love went into TT Megs to pull off the gun mode and accessories. That is where I think TT went wrong. They always err to alt mode and especially with Megatron and it has always produced a weaker bot. This is light years from MP-5 but you can still see the design influence of trying to do too much and not the right things.

• Like Like x 2
  16. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

I feel the same way... Soundwave is awesome compared to all the other official Decepticons. Starscream is okay too, until Maketoys reveals theirs.

17. GR1ML0CK

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Got Despotron arriving today and just placed an order for the eness hands with the vector sigma. I already have a vector sigma so I guess I'll have two lol. Same seller had the KFC hand and gun combo but for yoth prime. The gun even looked the part. I have the black KFC gun so now Prime will be double wielding.

18. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    You mean Key to Vector Signa... Vector Sigma itself is a ball.

19. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

I have Despotron and really like him, but he will get replaced by MP-36. That being said, I'm not going to sell Despo, he will just have to find a new home outside of my main display. Personally I think Takara did an amazing job with MP-36, that may change when I get him in-hand, but I doubt it. Likewise I prefer Laserwave to Quakewave, which I know is fairly unpopular opinion around here. I feel that Takara is still the best in the business when they bring their A game, but I'm quick to criticize them when they phone it in, looking at you MP Ironhide.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  20. robh

robh Decepticon

Ebay:
    I am getting MP-36. Unfortunately, I like both, but for different reasons. So I'll have two Megs on my shelf. These are terrible times.

• Like Like x 2