Maketoys MTRM-06 Contact Shot (Masterpiece Pointblank with Peacemaker)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 18, 2015.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where did you see that they might not be making any more Targetmasters?

2. malcontentman

malcontentman Cybertronian James Cagney

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I would be devastated if this is true. I still need them to do Crosshairs, Sureshot, Triggerhappy, Misfire and Slugslinger. Then I can die a happy man.

Also, this:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  3. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Many of us, myself included, were looking forward to MTs Recticle aka Crosshairs. Who knows if it'll ever see the light of day now.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

upload_2018-6-13_0-0-12.jpeg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Gojira101

Gojira101 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Saw it mentioned within this thread and was really bummed by the notion. I'm definitely in for all 3 autobot and a dream wish would be if they did a MP Spinister.

Also that slot MTRM-10 got replaced with that Starscream.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The full discussion is in the Crosshairs thread, but they announced on Facebook last year that they weren’t moving forward on that design.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definitely want all of the Targetmasters...and that includes the Decepticon ones as well.

• Like Like x 2
  7. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I guess I'm in the minority that don't really care if they do the other Targetmasters. I picked up Contact Shot because he was on sale, everyone was gushing about him, and because I had the rest of the Re:Master line. Objectively he's really good, but he's my least favorite Re:Master figure because I have zero attachment to the character. And he's at least the face of the TargetMasters... I couldn't even name the other Autobot Targetmasters without a wiki.

For the sake of those who do want them I do hope MT comes back to them eventually. But for now I'm glad they're focusing more on finishing the Headmasters.

• Like Like x 3
  8. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    If MT really is throwing in the towel on MP Targetmasters, Fanstoys should take them on.

9. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    FT stated long ago about "doing every character" so it would seem likely they would. Plus, they've already done Kup and if still holds true Hot Rod.

10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    dalianjj from FT stated that Hoodlum (their MP Hot Rod with Targetmaster partner) is most certainly coming. Once that and their Targetmaster Blurr are released I'd like to see them really move forward with all the other 1987 Targetmasters and Headmasters. Both Autobots and Decepticons. It seems MTs Silverback (Apeface) is limbo.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SuperMegaAutobot

SuperMegaAutobot Well-Known Member

Making my semi-annual plea to MakeToys to not give up the targetmasters or headmasters. Best stuff they've ever done. Wish they had a rep on the boards who would see the support they have here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    It used to be @Spence but he's no longer associated with the company.

13. ckchan

ckchan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    same here. i have less interest in targetmaster. i got their cupola and ironwill and like them very much. i was then actually thinking to get this and was doing the research. upon seeing the "news" that MT is discontinuing the targetmaster line... that's a bummer.

i guess i'll hold off getting contact shot until we got more confirmation on the rest of the figures. I sincerely hope MT won't give up on the targetmaster line. they have done a great job for cupola (which again is a character i have no interest in) and ironwill

well, good thing MT still continue on the other 2 headmasters

• Like Like x 2
  14. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'd be all over a Misfire, but that's for the same reason why I was so happy to get Pointblank: I have no attachment to the characters, but I always thought they were two of the coolest looking toys in the 1987 TF catalog. I've wanted both - especially Pointblank - for years. Titans Return Misfire did a good job of scratching that itch, but if MakeToys wanted to do a MP-scale version I would happily add it to my collection. Honestly can't say I'd feel compelled to get any of the other Targetmasters.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Have A Cygar

Have A Cygar Well-Known Member

I know I'm late to the party, but I've had Contact Shot in my possession for about a week now, and I'm feeling compelled to gush over him. There probably isn't much I can say about this toy that hasn't already been said, but I honestly can't remember the last time I was this impressed with a Transformers figure, 3rd party or otherwise. Going through my imaginary checklist of all the things that make for a great Transformers toy, this guy ticks just about every box. He's got a striking robot design, great articulation, chunky limbs, and no gappiness or kibble to speak of. And that alt mode...oh my! Very few of my Transformers toys spend more than a minute or so in their alt modes, before I impatiently switch them back to bot mode for display, but Contact Shot has spent a fair bit of the past week in his alt mode on my shelf — that is, when I'm not holding him or rolling him across the floor. I just can't seem to put this thing down. Aside from it just being an all around cool space car design, I'm not sure what it is that has me so taken by this alt mode, but I suspect it has something to do with its size. I think it just reminds me of what my toy cars felt like in my much smaller hands as a kid, and thus triggers my childhood nostalgia in a way that few modern toys can.

For anyone out there who is still on the fence about this guy, even if you only have a passing interest in Targetmasters, I recommend that you don't hesitate to pick this guy up while he's still available. He really is that good.

• Like Like x 3
  16. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Welcome to the club. Here's hoping Recticle sees the light of day.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  17. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What a shame. I bought Contact Shot and all of their Headmasters. I would have bought ALL of their Targetmasters. I guess either MakeToys doesn’t like a money, or Contact Shot didn’t sell well. Is the KO to blame? Or is it Lack of interest from fans?

18. Shaundiesel

Shaundiesel Well-Known Member

I was soooooo pumped when contact shot came out! Then when they teased the next one I was drooling! I hope this project comes back to life!

• Like Like x 1
  19. malcontentman

malcontentman Cybertronian James Cagney

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Wow, that stinks. I always loved in the intro of the Targetmasters season when Crosshairs and Pinpointer transformer and slide on the ground. I always though that was so cool.

20. Jwwu

Jwwu Well-Known Member

Their headmasters were KO’ed. I’m sure that didn’t help Maketoys as a company.