Maketoys MTRM-01 Cupola (MP Chromedome) Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    They're even more limited than MP10's and his limited movement still bugs me, even though I came to terms with it. :/

Hoping maybe I can just remove his red shorts when I want him to have more range than he currently does.

2. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    It's funny I sold off my MP 10 and I am thinking of getting one again.

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is this going to be the new "Ankle Tilts"?

The vast majority of TFs cannot kneel. Of the MPs, only the Datsuns can kneel, and only if you fake it by using the mid-shin transformation joint as a double knee. So why is this criteria now?

4. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    It's not about kneeling, it's about a full range of motion for the hips which enables all kinds of dynamic poses. I prefer my TF's to have at least a 90 degree bend at the hips, which the vast majority of them do so it's annoying when some of them don't, especially when it's absent for no good reason.

5. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ugh. It's perfect. Completely perfect. Except that it is way too big! It just does not look right with anything being that big. :( 

6. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Quite a number of MPs don't have full forward articulation range either, as a quirk of the G1 character models.

7. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    "Quite a number". I no longer have MP 10, but other than him, I think the forward articulation of the others is better than this guy.

Can you provide some example?

8. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    The Datsun's hips are also impeded. The Lamborghinis get 90 degrees forward, but only if you flip up the pelvic skirt piece, which looks a bit silly. Seekers have restricted forward range, even with their mobile skirt armour.

9. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Silly or not, there's an option.

Here's my ultimate problem which I have stated. It's not clear why that hip skirt can not be included. If it impedes transformation, sure I can understand, but does not seem like it.

10. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Cancelled. Saved me some money, kind of annoyed I sold off F(X) guys, but liberating at the same time with space opening up...

I might pick this up again after more people show him off, but for now UT and PX are my only definite purchases.

11. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm starting to feel like a broken record. But he seems perfectly sized to me:

[​IMG]

Limited hip joints are unfortunate however. Then again Magnus and Starsaber don't exactly have full hip motion either and I still like them fine.

Attached Files:

12. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    So..... I guess he can't do any dynamic walking or running poses? that kinda kills the joy for me. :C

Also I gotta know, how exactly does a Pontiac Trans-am Tower over Optimus who Transforms into a Semi

dat mass shifting.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  13. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't care that they decided to draw all of the robots the same size by the time Chromedome rolled around. It just doesn't look right in toy form.

14. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Well I strongly disagree regardless, I've always wanted a huge sci fi car robot, think this size suits the leader of the headmasters very nicely and cannot wait to see the rest of MT's figures in this line as they're all basically gonna be the same size.

I'd have been almost as happy with a more lambor-prowl-ee sized figure but eh him being actual sunbow headmasters accurate animation size makes him that much cooler.

15. BAD187

BAD187 Banned

so basically all hm are only a tiny bit smaller than mp 10, is the same true for the toy?

16. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    I think the toy incarnation is same height or even a bit taller? No doubt MT is going to introduce their own OP ;) 

17. BAD187

BAD187 Banned

There isn't much to improve on MP 10. Maybe the gorilla lower arms can be updated but besides that in don't know what else there can be improved upon. Mobility? But they didn't do that with their own chrome dome (upper legs).

18. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    According to the MT fans, more bricky behavior is preferred i.e. less articulation. Also no transformation since people will just pose it in neutral pose. Everything can always be improved ;) .

19. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I flipped through the video--what's the deal with the articulation? I saw that he can't move his legs out to far to the sides, though it looked far enough as I'm concerned...is there a problem with him putting his legs straight out?

This is an inevitability in the MP line. They follow the bot mode scale charts (within reason), you're gonna have alt modes that don't look right next to each other. If there's ever a MP Motormaster, you can't avoid him either being a gigantic robot or a very small truck & trailer. He's gotta be one of the two and neither are gonna look right.

20. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Why would they do that given mp10s existence? as stated before he's so near-flawless any improvements made would be very minor to the point it'd be a pretty silly thing to spend the money on producing.

Imo mt's goal seems to be above all else covering characters takara and other companies so far aren't. So they'll be paying attention to what they are doing and attempting to fill more gaps in peoples collections.