Maketoys MT-05Lte Gento Core Figure & Battle Sentinel Set (G2 Laser Prime 2.0)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by LazyAza, May 21, 2014.

1. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I think you have all got the wrong end of the stick. Although I personally feel the battletanker is not as good as it could be, I am asking if this new version will entice people to get it, when there are other, better third party OP figures coming out AND the Titanmasers version may be "good enough" for most people. That's a battle on two fronts that this toy may have now.

Personally, I think the new TM version looks brilliant in bot and tanker modes. I am sure that I am not the only one, either.

2. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Not what this thread is about. Gento is a vastly improved figure over the hastak original.

Like I said hasbros new mold is basically a joke, its ugly, hollow, gappy and deeply compromised due to actually being an octane in prime colors. It doesn't hold a candle to even a relatively simple deluxe like this from MT.

And Striker Manus is practically a masterpiece in comparison to the same hastak figure its so much better.

3. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Whichever end of the stick I am holding, I am going to use it to beat that piece of shit Laser Prime you posted into pieces. Don't take me wrong it's not you it's that shitty, shitty hasbro toy.

4. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This Battle Tanker series is honestly not very posable or as fun as some more modern molds, but it still surpasses anything in the same scale released by HasTak. That's how bad HasTak tends to be for anything short of MP scale.

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Is comparing the TR G2 Optimus with this really fair? TR G2 Optimus is a retail figure that has to meet with the demands stores are keeping track of in terms of paint and parts whereas Maketoys Gento is more of a high end collectible that doesn't need to worry about such things. I don't understand this elitist 3rd party mentality showing up here and it's rather off putting since not everyone thinks the TR G2 Optimus is terrible especially since he's not even out yet to really see if he is or not.

6. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fair enough. I'll compare TR G2 Optimus to HasTak's Laser Optimus. TR G2 Optimus is garbage compared to Laser Optimus, and that's taking into consideration that Laser Optimus falls under the same parameters boldfaced above and is roughly 6 yrs old(?).

7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    If we're talking about the engineering between the two, TR Optimus is a triple changer which often compromises certain elements to a figure and not to mention the mold's likely more intended for Octane with Optimus being a planned repaint/retool unlike Laser Optimus which only had two modes to work with and there's the fact that the economy back then was different then today which does play a factor here too.

8. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is no question that the mold used on TR Optimus was intended toward an impending Octane (same can be said of TR Megs and the more than obvious Blitzwing redeco that will come from it).

HasTak isn't as restricted to the economy as one thinks. It is well known they take the most economic route when it comes to mass-marketing and production. Companies this big have, among their many primary goals, two business rule to abide by: Save as much money as possible. Make as much profit as possible, which is one of the many reasons HasTak milks the crap out of redecos of same molds. But do not think that because they choose to follow this business mantra, that they are restricted economically. If HasTak truly wanted to, they could produce some figures designed and engineered so well that it would blow this community out of our minds. They don't because is more cost effective to follow what they are doing now, sometimes at the displeasure of several consumers because the product comes out as "cheap".

As for Gento: It's about time they released this bad boi. That Tanker was in need of its proper Cab :cool: 

9. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    #DukePlease

• Like Like x 1
  10. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

Thanks for the review, Kuma!
    I haven't seen any additional reviews out there. Does anyone else have the Gento+Tanker combination?

11. shunquan

shunquan ACID STORMER

News Credits:
    Has there been any updates on the standalone Gento figure? It's Sept end already

12. Hobo Prime

Hobo Prime Prime of Beards

News Credits:
    Actually, yes. There was a push on the MakeToys app that stated Gento is in stock. Preorders will likely process soon.

13. Deceptimatrix

Deceptimatrix Warrior Elite

I just got my tracking. Should be here Thursday

• Like Like x 1
  14. shunquan

shunquan ACID STORMER

News Credits:
    Just saw the update on Facebook, haven't gotten a tracking no yet, hopefully they will remember to send the Armageddon set too

15. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got mine today, but it didn't come with instructions. I am familiar enough with the mold to not need them, but it would have been nice to have.

16. Deceptimatrix

Deceptimatrix Warrior Elite

Just arrived! Came with a free t-shirt! Very nice packaging this go around. Outside mailer was super thick.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just received mine as well. 2 day shipping from Hong Kong, not too shabby!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

How did you get the t-shirt? Did you order from Maketoys's shop?

19. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It comes packed with Gento in that white box, a complimentary gift I suppose.

20. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

How did they get your sizes?