Maketoys Minibots are crap!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by shadow panther, Jan 9, 2012.

1. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    5 minutes out of the box the leg on Powerglide broke off at the balljoint. I was just transforming it and snap, the ball broke off and is still inside the leg. the arms are floppy and the balljoints keep popping off at the elbows and the rest is loose as hell. im afraid to touch Seaspray

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Feedback, much?

And let's come to a general consensus before making judgments.

3. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there an existing thread in Transformers Feedback for either of these?

4. shadow panther

News Credits:
    how do i get in contact with Maketoys for a replacement?

5. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

Makes me glad I went for the CHMS / iGear Powerglide and Seaspray.

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    First contact the store you bought the toys from.

7. shadow panther

News Credits:
    just found a thread in feedback thanks for the heads up

thanks for the tip just emailed TFSource

the IGear stuff is so much better than this Maketoys garbage, although i must say the head on Maketoys Seaspray looks much nicer and i wonder how it would look n IGear Seaspray

8. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    to counter, I got mine and they were perfect with no issues and I'm enjoying them

9. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

*AHEEM*....word of mouth can make/break these smaller 3rd party companies, so I for one would request that you not label an entire companies product - or an entire company for that matter - "garbage". I'm no shill for Maketoys and actually went with IGear for my minibots, but I'd like to see constructive feedback without epithets thrown around. :2c: 

10. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:

Faith Leader wasn't an unqualified success. But iGear seem to have learned a few things along the way and maybe Maketoys will too.

11. shadow panther

News Credits:
    so by your saying i shouldnt bash a product im unhappy with, a product i bought with my hard earned money because it can ruin the reputation of the company that designed it? last i checked buying a companys product gave me the right to pass my own personal OPINION on said product

12. Stygian360

More to the point...the toy you received and are currently unhappy with is a piece of crap..right? :thumbs2:  If 90%+ of the reviews I'd seen for this toy made it out as crap I'll give you a broad statement like yours, otherwise- with all due respect- I'd just tone it down a tad. That's all I'm sayin.

Some toys deserve crap status, but MT and its product seem pretty worthwhile, so I just say give 'em a chance. Not trying to censor you and if it seems that way then I apologize. Constructive criticism is always best.

13. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This thread will go well.

I will also say, mine are perfect. Maybe you got a bad Powerglide.

Maybe it's a user issue? Little too much force here or there?

I have 3 battle tankers as well that are freaking fantastic.

14. shadow panther

News Credits:
    I love my Battle Tanker, once I gutted the silly electronics. and your right maybe i got a bad Powerglide. but i will say this IGears minibots are vastly superior to these guys, I guess im blowing things up a little its been a real long day and ive had this damn migrane for 3 hours and it wont go away

15. Omega_Sentinel

Omega_Sentinel Well-Known Member

I like how someone posts about getting a bad toy and then everyone tells him not to post about the toy being bad.

This thread actually made me laugh.

16. Stygian360

Think of it this way Panther. If the water heater in your home goes out ...is your whole house by extension also "crap"? Perhaps a bad example and forgive me for that, but serves the same point. Your Powerglide has a bad ankle and broke. I'm sorry to hear it, but these things happen. Doesn't mean Maketoys is a crap company or that all of their products are crap. You just got a bad figure- isolated example.

And I agree you should be allowed an opinion, whether you've paid money or not. But you know what they say about opinions...they're like...(insert line). Call them out where appropriate, but you always get more bees with honey rather than inflammatory statements like "minibots are crap!!!"

17. shadow panther

News Credits:
    hope you didnt just jinx my water heater lol. I know i had massive rage before creating this thread. now that im a little cooled down, maybe i got a crap Powerglide, but im still not digging the design, he feels like a really cheap legends. I really wanted to like these guys which is why i bought them. maybe TFSource will come through and grant me a replacement Powerglide.

18. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I don't know how TFSource is with this kind of stuff, because everything I've bought from them has been just fine. But I've also only bought mainline, mass-produced, Hasbro or Takara products from them.

I've bought all of my 3rd party stuff from BBTS (not because I favor them, it just happened that way), and I had issues with the FP Munitioner - the hand piece and the core figure itself. I sent BBTS an email describing exactly what happened, perfectly honestly (what I did, why it could have been my own damn fault, etc), and I got replacement parts.

Hopefully TFSource will treat you the same. :) 

19. shadow panther

News Credits:
    I wouldve went BBTS (only because i never dealt with TFSource before) but for some reason they dont have these guys. I know BBTS has one of the best customer services ive ever had the pleasure of dealing with. im crossing my fingers that TFSource will grant me a replacement

20. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    You know, that's the exact statement I've made when I bought my first Hasbro toy. They did get another chance but still failed on me. Too bad I have to stick with that statement, and my collection count will stay at 2 for the rest of the time. :) 
    So... either stick with it, or put a full stop on it.