Maketoys Cross Dimension MTCD-05SP Buster Stealthwing

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Kuma Style, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just starting a thread for this one because it seems like all posting about it was done in the Buster Skywing (Regular Color) thread. Just making its own thread because it's slated for release this month and people can see and look it up this way.

Here's a video review

Will add some pics soon. Forgot to upload them.

Here are some rough pics from the other night:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

---------------------

EDIT: 01/20/19

Hey guys sorry, finished the full article days ago, got caught up and forgot to share it: Link in sig.

[​IMG]

Overall, it's a solid figure and I think it really meets the standards set by MakeToys for this line in terms of build and articulation. Admittedly, after some play time the armored mode really has become the most appealing to me in terms of display and I think it visually fits both Manus and Noir very well. The article has the full breakdown and gallery but here are a few pics from it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 22
  2. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Overflow and additional info.

3. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    looks like a hot mess to me.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Damn. My wallet hasn't recovered from the holidays yet and this coming.

• Like Like x 1
  5. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I hear ya, can't wait to get this, but my wallet sure could.

6. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I am a bit disappointed that the cannons are not independent from the wings.

7. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    What do you mean?

8. malfet

malfet Tiny Plastic Robot

The armor mode still looks quite nice, but the lack of connection points is kinda disappointing and makes it seem like more of an afterthought. Still looking forward to my copy but with a hint of bummed feeling since that feature is what pushed be over the edge on buying this.

9. VelsR

VelsR Ancient of War

News Credits:
    Appreciate the review!

I can't imagine the effort you feel when your arms are stretching out to manipulate the figure on camera, watching the video on 2x speed made me jittery lol.

Slightly disappointed on how easily the chest armor seems to be easily knocked out of position, only held on by a few tabs you say? Seems like an oversight by MakeToys.

10. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Yea. I'll show it all during the transformation but there are two tabs on each side that peg onto the manus mold's "trap" area and then that bar that flips out on the bottom of the backpack rests on the grill for balance. On Manus it's honestly more than fine but on Noir which is way more loose than I'd realized it's just a hot mess. IMO there should have been an actual tabbing/locking mechanism lower on the Manus mold as well whether it be in the fromt or preferrably back because the natural balance towards the back makes the backpack want to fall backwards, raise those tabs off of the top of manus, and fall off.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. VelsR

VelsR Ancient of War

News Credits:
    One more tab at the front to clip the piece in place would do wonders. Do let us know later how loose/fit the rest of the armor/weapons is.

I do have an original Striker Noir and a KO Striker Manus, so I guess it would be interesting to see how they would hold up.

12. Artereis

Artereis Well-Known Member

I'm glad MT opted for the small toothed ratchets.

13. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Yea... Something that actually locked would be preferred to counter the natural pull of the backpack. it'd be money at that point and going to see if i can rig something up this weekend.

With the highlighted part can you clarify a bit further? Just wanting to make sure I get everything answered by the breakdown article is posted up.

14. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    It looks really good, thanks for the reviews @Kuma Style .

I'll wait for the White version though.. This black version looks too much like Dancougar to me.

15. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Fast as a Sharkticon

The lack of locking tabs on the torso armor is disappointing but I'm in love with pretty much everything else. The support strut for the backpack is a super smart piece of engineering.

16. madpanda

madpanda Well-Known Member

@Kuma Style thanks for the initial review. Will be looking out for the transformation review, and a better shot of the midget bot that is left over once all the armor bits are removed. Looking at Skywing from the corner shot it looks like only a shell of a bot is left after all the armor bits are removed. Was hoping that Skywing had a bot mode left after removing the leg armor. Especially since I have two of these on order. I may have to cancel 1 preorder. But am torn because that alt mode is just gorgeous. My plan was to pose two Buster Skyfires behind one regular Skyfire.
    It kinda does, but it still looks hot.
    Yup been a real expensive toy month, and its only the 10th. I'm expecting and hoping for a long break in the coming months.

• Like Like x 1
  17. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    When you move the cannons up, the wings move with it and you have to readjust the position.

18. VelsR

VelsR Ancient of War

News Credits:
    Ah, just the standard question on how good the individual pieces fit over the arms and legs Striker Noir/Manus. Also the if the cannons/arm weapons have any combinations to make different configurations if any.

Also it is not clear to me (it's 3am here) but once stripped of the modular pieces to combine with Striker, we do still get an individual, articulate (but skinny) Busterwing leftover, right? There are only partial shots of him as you showcased the combined mode. Anyways, looking forward to the next video and your write-up.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ByLaw77

ByLaw77 Well-Known Member

Just beautiful. Beefy, ratcheted, lookin’ badass in all modes. Chest armor shouldn’t be an issue once he’s posed. Thanks Kuma - great preview!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    With Buster Stealthwing even in the promo pictires you could see that his whole legs and feet came off bevayae they were the exact same as what was on Mamus in armored mode. I guess I'm not seeing why it would be assumed from that that it was just pieces of armor that transferred? Even lutside of that you see things like his shoulders and his entire chest having been used so even if it had a pair of chicken legs and feet, is that a bot you feel is worthy of display.?

.... I get it now. Yea something to where blasyers maybe could've come up and over the shoulders would've been neat but that seems like a lot of additional engineering for the blasters themselves.

• Like Like x 1