Maketoys Cross Dimension Galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by The Kup, Sep 30, 2017.

1. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    wow i have got to slow my typing to match my thoughts, autopilot no good lol, yeah i can't do that titans sized combiners, but i hope that someone ko os MT devil stinger to the 18in bcuz there will never be a better Scorponok mold, i'd also like to see Planet X apocalypse os to at least 18in and where TF is my g.o.d unicron :mad:  i guess hastakomy will get around to him and primus after scorponok, no idk if they're doing scorponok it just seems like the next logical one with mp, fm, and tr all done, then again guess they also need to do os.....

• Like Like x 2
  2. servatusprime

servatusprime The monkey wears the pants in this family

Hey I get where you are coming from. I doubt they are going to take design cues from me anyway. I just hope that Shockwave is on their "to do" list. If anything, I was trying to petition to get their take on the character and offered that it could be done without engineering a new figure. I may be in the minority, but with the right amount of retooling I think you can make a great Shockwave. Just keep the general engineering, but make everything else fit with his character traits.

Anyone think we should start a thread pole for what characters should be on their radar? I don't know if it will help, but I'm willing to give it a go.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Oh, I agree. Rioter would make a great base for Shockwave (and if this was MMC, I wouldn't put it past 'em). But Shockwave definitely needs to be his own thing. I haven't waited this long for a CHUG Shockwave for it to be a retool, dammit!
    As for a new thread, I wouldn't oppose. I know others have made "what should they make next" threads for other lines. Though I'm pretty sure there have been at least two "wishlist" threads for Cross Dimension already...

• Like Like x 6
  4. Exousia

Exousia Lost Lighter

News Credits:
    Based on how different Magnus seems to be from Prime in the comic, I don't think we're going to see a great deal of minor repaints/retools out of the CD line. At least I kind of hope not. Like, I'd be fine with the Seekers and Datsuns being as similar as ever, but, for example, I'd want a possible Cliffjumper to be pretty different from Hummel. For Shockwave you could probably use some of, if not most of, Rioter's engineering, but I'd want him to look almost entirely different in terms of actual parts (so a lot of the same joints, but most everything else should be entirely new).

• Like Like x 4
  5. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Luckily the Titan Combiners aren't as big as the City-Bots. :lolol  I find their heights (18 inches) to be a good size next to Voyager-sized Optimus Prime's and Megatron's.

• Like Like x 1
  6. redrum2581

Ebay:

yeah i want my combiner collection to stay in the 15in range and hopefully get some really cool citybots eventually, but i may settle for the apocalypse and scorponok being in that same 15in range, it won't mess up my overall theme, but if they were os to 24in it would be better

• Like Like x 2
  7. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh wait, this threads about Cross Dimension Galvatron, not Combiner/City-Bot scale!!! ;)  :lolol 

• Like Like x 1
  8. redrum2581

Ebay:
    i do what it takes to keep chug threads on top, plus cd rodimus prime can't be far behind if we're getting galvy

• Like Like x 4
  9. Banatine

Banatine Well-Known Member

I’m really torn on this one. On one hand, I own everything in the Cross Dimension line and I’m eagerly awaiting Skyfire.

On the other, I never liked Galvatron as a toy. He always felt really crappy, and lazily designed. And despite Maketoys improvements to the aesthetics, it’s still the same old lazy cannon... I was really hoping for something more unique.

10. Revancon

Revancon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes...yes you do! I have all but thunder erebus. I love them!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    Now with stabbing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  12. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing improves a cannon like being able to stab people with it

• Like Like x 9
  13. Chainlink

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    First Shotgun Sword. Now Cannon Sword.

Also, alt mode doesn't look as bad here.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:

In the words of another insane purple titan: “This...does put a smile on my face.”

• Like Like x 5
  15. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    While I'm still totally on board with this, and loving everything else, I don't really think I like the swords a lot, if you can call them that. I think the cannon is already enough murderdeath-y without them, and it would appear that there's not a good place for him to hold them, it doesn't appear like they have ports, but rather a slot. I wish there was some way to hold them, or have them combine to be held, but it seems like the option is either under the arm or attached to the cannon. Maybe there are some other places to plop them on, but I'm having difficult visualizing what would look good.

On a positive note, I think I see that the kneepads flip into the rear heel piece? Very creative, I have no doubt that this will be a fun transformation and I really look forward to that.

• Like Like x 3
  16. w00t

w00t Well-Known Member

Ok, Maketoys, listen up, I love what you're doing with this Galvatron, I love the blade attachments! It appears that in robot mode the treads are on his back on those articulated arms, you guys HAVE to put some ports on the treads so that the blades can be attached to them creating either some tread/blade wings or articulated blade arms hanging off his back, PLEASE from what we can see on the render I think this would look amazing!

Ok, so I made a crude mock up of my idea here, I think it looks pretty rad.
    blade wing idea.jpg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 13
  17. MrDipnSlip

MrDipnSlip UnKnown Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 15
  18. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    He looks pretty damn cool. I love the accessories that Maketoys includes in their CD line, best of all is that they're always ways to store them in the robot (most of the time at least).

19. RIDRuination

RIDRuination Well-Known Member

Rather than the sword I wish they would have gone with an Axe

• Like Like x 8
  20. Chainlink

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Loving this guy more as I continue to look at him. I'm just super stoked to finally have a good Galvatron.

• Like Like x 6