MakeToys Chaos/Paladin (Fallen)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Mr_K, Apr 20, 2012.

1. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Just preordered mine. It's gonna be like my birthday when he and Veer/Swerve arrive at my house.

I'm trying to figure what else I could get from TF Source to get free shipping.

2. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    damn, that sucks. I'm going to have to cancel as the price difference is $39 for me. Free shipping plus $25 less sticker price is too much to look past, even for a cool guy like Sidecutter.

* ah screw it, if Sidecutter issues the difference in a refund, I'll stick with it. The shipping I'll just suck it up.

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    How about peopel give CP 24 hours to do anything about this. I am sure neither BBTS or TFS will sell out in that time.

Knowing Sidecutter, even if he is uber busy, he will address this issue by the days end.

4. Kablamo

Kablamo Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, give Sidecutter a chance to actually see this and update his website or whatever, chaps proobably not even out of bed yet.

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, totally. Just give him time to respond and sort things out. Customer service is as good from him as anyone else.

6. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    I didn't from Sidecutter because I have other things stacked over at TF Source, but I say wait to see what Sidecutter does. He's a cool guy and he'd never intentionally rip people off.

The price he had was an estimation at the time since we had no idea what he'd cost so give him some time to readjust everything.

7. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No doubt, he'll try his best to make it right. Very odd how MakeToys handled this. I would have preordered to my TFS stack right away if they had offered it early.

8. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Glad I held off on preordering this. The lower price is nice, but I still think I'll wait until in package photos show up before I buy (BBTS preorder just in case though ;) )

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    you know no one is up in arms right? everyone comes in to just say 1-2 post expressing our concern about 80 vs. 105$. I don't think too many said bad things about CP. We are waiting. But each person voicing the same concern as others in their own personal way once or twice, isn't a drastic complaint, though I am sure from the perspective of another, it can be.

10. DarekSilver

DarekSilver Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So, Jeremy at TFsource was nice enough to email me back concerning the Missile Launcher sets (and as a Bonus, the Armageddon upgrade sets for YOTS Omega)

This is the relevant portions of the email.

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    OMG this guy is epic. preordered via BBTS.

Also peeps give Sidecutter sometime to figure this out he will do right by you.

12. Jehsee

Jehsee Well-Known Member

For the size of this figure... 80 bucks is a freakin' steal in my book! He's what, ultra-sized while FP is selling us scouts (Stunticons) for $60 and deluxes (Function-X) for $70? FP used to have decent prices too... dunno what happened.

13. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    It's a distinct possibility that SC may get his shipment first. I mean, he had the preorders up for months and seemed to have an exclusive on it. He also sold out of multiple preorder runs so the bulk of the stock may be his first. That's what I hope and think should happen anyway.

14. PostwarOcean

PostwarOcean Newb

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks I was wondering the same thing and asked them on FB and did not get a response.

15. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Wow, that is a large pricing gap, paid through CP as well. He seems to have amazing customer service up to this point, so I will echo those that are saying we all need to give Orson time to respond before getting worried.

16. PostwarOcean

PostwarOcean Newb

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm sticking with him too, not just because I agreed to buy this from him, but also because I have heard good things. Also, he may still get his in before everyone else, especially if this is going to be a second run that TFSource and BBTS are getting. Also, since communication is muddied between MT and TFSource, I still don't rule out that they could get the other sets. If these sell well, I don't see why MT would not do another run of the missile sets.

17. Jehsee

Jehsee Well-Known Member

*edit* wrong thread.

18. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    I also intend to stick with Sidecutter. He's been there for us giving up intel when he can.

19. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes regardless if the price is adjusted or not, IM staying with sidecutter. He has always done right by me.

20. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Regardless of what captured prey does, And he doesn't have to do anything, He also doesn't have to cancel your preorder even if you want to. He's always been helpful and his site does state that he's willing to work with you but if a ton of people suddenly up and wanted to cancel their preorders with him, he's under no obligation to oblige. So it's not just a given "oh I'm switching to bbts."

That said, I'm sure Sidecutter will do something. Either a refund or credit towards a future purchase.

My main concern is that July release date. Really hope thay isn't accurate for everyone.