maketoys battletank shipped!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by grunge, Dec 26, 2011.

1. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    for the people who pre-ordered from TFsource i got an email today saying that it was being shipped. i know its not big news but for those who dont check their email daily and havent gotten it yet this is more or less a heads up.

a question for those who DO have this peice already:
    -how many have expirenced the head issue?
    -boiling the head ... could i place it to a cup of boiling water or does it need to be in the pot? becuase i would think the metal would i dunno melt the head.

thanks!

2. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Not sure if TFSource is shipping this with theirs yet, but if you get the extra head with the screw, use that head to avoid possible problems.

3. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got mine from TFsource almost 5 weeks ago now. Mines got the original head on. Here's how I did it.

Boil up some water in the kettle and put in a mug or tea cup. Leave the head in for way longer than needed. It instructs 30 seconds mine was like 2-3 mins.

I also sanded the head Socket and the ball joint but only slightly too. My version fits like a dream. Just don't put the head in the kettle.

OR as the other post says use the new one with a screw fixing.

Oh an enjoy it it's a fantastic upgrade kit!

4. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Didn't have the head issue, BBTS sent the replacement head with mine. It was a cinch to put on and it looks great.

5. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got mine from BBTS a few days ago. It came with the extra head that screws on, just use that and save yourself some heartache. Also be careful with the crotch plate! The joint that holds the top and bottom halves of G2 Prime together is incredibly small, it reminds me of G1 Mirage.

6. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    awesome. maybe since mines in the second wave i will have the screw head? that would be great since me and hot/fire/combustables usually ends horribly. for things that are not i that is ...