Make the right choice and choose Waspinator

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Karhukjnsi, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    The others, save for Rattrap and Erector, are already going to be in one day, Waspinator saw two legit appearances in two series (Rattletrap, doesn't count).

Make the right choice, after all, he has plans...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

I voted for Waspinator. I hope he at least makes it to the final five.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Indeed.

Waspinator brought so much joy, and it was all by accident. The show creators originally didn't like his droning, buzzing voice, so they elected to bump him off early each episode so he didn't have to say much. This backfired and ended up making him into a character to feel sorry for, endearing him to both the creators and fans alike.

Waspinator well and truely deserves to win. After everything he's had to go through, a spot in a Hall of Fame is the least we can do.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    C'mon Waspinator, you can make it.

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Definately voting for Waspinator.

Grimlock and Shockwave will eventually be auto-inducted and Erector is a joke vote that's been going way longer then it should have.

I want another Dinobot situation this year.

6. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

Waspinator is the only logical choice now.

I would hate it if Erector actually won over him...

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Thing is, I don't dislike Erector, and I know a good handful and more of people genuinely like him despite his name and want him in because of nostalgia. But an equally large group are just voting for him because "hurr hurr dickjoke" which to me is a disservice to Erector and is fans.

Waspinator is my choice, however, and I really hope more people would vote for him because I like him, and I feel is a better deserving character. He was very much the heart of a great show that stands the test of time considerably. Grimlock, Shockwave, Jazz... they will all get in eventually, I mean come on, Shockwave is in the upcoming movie.

Waspinator really does deserve it most.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Waspinator got another vote. All is not lost! (why does this thread have three stars?)

9. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

Exactly!!! Grimlock and shockwave are gonna get in automatically eventually.
    I wanted rattrap to win but since he probably isn't gonna :(  I at least want another beast wars character in the hall of fame.

10. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Voted for Waspinator, my first ever BW toy and one of my favorite characters (Rampage was my all-time favorite BW character, but maybe he'll get nominated next year...)

Sadly, the masses waste their votes on Erector when they could be used to push Waspinator past "Gonna Be In Anyway" Grimlock.

11. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Id rather vote for the dude with nearly no fiction than the guy whose fiction is based around being a pathetic whipping boy. Not that I don't like watching it happen, though.

12. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    What was Animated Waspinator? He sure as hell wasn't comic relief.

13. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Nope, but he was a whipping boy.

14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    My vote is for Waspinator!

If we can get into the final 4 on TFW we'll have a good shot. We need to steal away votes from the Erector crowd...

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Uh, why?

A whipping boy is at least a quality that we can feel sorry for him about, it's endearing. He was still a likable character.

Also I was REALLY hoping we could avoid trolling in this thread.

No he wasn't, he was a sympathetic character.

16. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

Vote for Waspinator - The Immortal Seeker.

17. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    I dunno, as much as I could see people seeing Waspinator as loveable in Beast Wars, he didn't really amount to much more than a lowly henchman whose sole purpose was to be the cannon-fodder the good guys got to blow to pieces. Didn't really appeal to me, I guess.

And while he inspired pathos, I wouldn't really consider Animated Waspinator sympathetic, as his constant abuse by various characters and circumstance drove him to some pretty dark actions. If he had just been on the run the whole time, trying to avoid capture and clear his name, that would have been one thing, but he turned to revenge and villainy, and by the end of the series lacked any signs (at least to me) of redemption. It's entirely possible that had the show gone on longer, his character arc would have gone further and that "him against the universe" mindset could have had some real meat put onto it as a recurring theme, but unfortunately that's not the case.

Also, I'll bring this up here I guess, though I'm not singling you out as I think its a board-wide epidemic, but why does it seem any post that disagrees with the opinion of a person considered trolling by that person?

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That's the thing, characters don't have to amount to much other than being likable for people to like them. It's not like he was the main character. Just the barely-above background guy who never caught a break until the end. Always there but never in the spotlight.

It is unfortunate we never got to see the rest of his story, but he's sympathetic because we've all been crapped on unfairly at some point. However he's also a villain, an thus chose the dark path. His line about how Wasp can forgive, but Waspinator can not was the step from "being wronged" to "seeking revenge." Afterall, he's a bad guy.

No, I didn't mean you were trolling, but that since the Erector>Everyone else had made it's way here, it was inevitable. Before this thread was just pro-Waspinator, wheras the other threads like Erector's had the oposing party step in and it all sort of went downhill.

19. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought it through, and Waspinator deserves it. I feel he is iconic not only of Beast Wars, but also of Transformers as a whole. As a down on his luck whipping boy, there are few in Transformers that does it quite as "well" as him. Also, most of the G1 others would get picked next year, and I think voting for Erector for the "lawls" is just a disservice to the character, as SPLIT LIP has said.

Waspinator rose above the show's expectations, like Dinobot, and became a beloved character by many fans, despite originally being created for sheer comic relief. Let's cheer poor old Waspinator with a vote to show our appreciation for this inspirational character:) .

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I feel like Waspinator has at least an outside shot. He's got a lot of support at TFWiki. I'm not sure he'd be my pick for HoF, at least not yet, but I'd never begrudge him a chance to be "happy at last"!