Make The Government Evil (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Spunky, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

After all, that's what it is in real life. OK, ok. Maybe not directly evil. But Silas stated that there is a New World Order in Transformers Prime. Which means there could be a shadow government pulling the strings of the U.S. and all other world governments in an effort to enact a facist evil world government. I really would like the U.S. government to be portrayed as less than a benevolent entity in TF Prime. I really would like the government to have an alliance with and/or be antagonist against the Autobots for reasons other than the safety and welfare of the U.S. populous. According to the last episode
    it is highly likely that the government has possession of Nemesis Prime now. Perhaps the evil shadow government can pull a Silas and use the Prime clone to make deadly mechs of their own to attack the citizens of the world and destroy any rivals like M.E.C.H. and C.O.B.R.A. Some of you will say, "But the government could have gotten the technology already from their Autobot allies." Well perhaps, just like in the movies, Prime doesn't want the U.S. government or any humans to get ahold of their biology or technology. Maybe he doesn't trust the human race as a whole. Hey maybe make General Bryce evil or a puppet to the New World Order. Naive patriotic Fowler thinks Bryce is a patriot himself working for a benevolent government only concerned about the welfare of everyone. And then gets the shock of his life when Bryce reveals his true intentions and that of the government and the New World Order pulling all the strings. He did say in the "Grill" preview that the Autobots could turn on "us". But when he said "us", it may not be referring to the citizens of the United States. Perhaps "us" means the New World Order and all of its puppets who serve it. Perhaps the New World Order sees the Autobots as a threat to their world domination plans. The one thing that could stand in their way and stop them. Think about what a shock that would be to Fowler! I want the government to either be evil or controlled secretly by evil forces. I don't want it to be the mostly benevolent force it was in the movies. Maybe toward the end of this season, Fowler could be turning on Bryce and the government. The government and their New World Order puppet masters begin to see Fowler now as a threat to them and their plans. I could see a scene where Fowler is in a dark room questioning the government when either Bryce or some New World Order puppet says, "You've done your job Agent Fowler. He then pulls out a loaded gun and points is straight at Fowler before exclaiming, "Your services will no longer be needed." He then fires his gun and kills Fowler. Then they attack and pursue the Autobots forcing them to abandon their base.

2. TransRavak25

TransRavak25 Maximal

I like the idea for a evil government but i think its a bit....heavy (couldnt really think of a better word) for a kids show, i think they should have some opposition to the tfs but not the whole government i think its both unrealistic (he says when there are giant transforming robots running around in old government silo's) that all the government would be against it with little opposition against the opposition (if thats how you want to put it) and it counters what theyve already done, linking them with fowler and giving them the base etc

3. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

It may be a bit heavy. But I don't think it counters anything. I'm not saying make the government in and of itself evil. But maybe make a shadow governent working for the New World Order that's behind all the scenes and pulling the strings. Having them provide a military base for the Autobots does not make them their friends. It could be that the New World Order was the only game in town. Then came rivals like M.E.C.H. and C.O.B.R.A. to challenge them. But their rivals are still human with human frailties. They have advanced technology, but so does the New World Order. They can still be dealt with, contained, and possibly destroyed. But then comes along something new. An advanced race of alien robotic organisms that are more advanced and powerful than they are. They consist of two factions one of which is hostile to both humans and their rival faction, the Autobots. The New World Order knows they can't fight the Cons. Only the Autobots can. So they have two choices. They can either try to manipulate the Autobots into giving them their technology and biology to make weapons to counter the Cons. Or they can make an alliance with the Autobots to defend the Earth from the Cons so they can secretly take control of the Earth instead. They go up to the Bots and ask them for their technology. Optimus, to their dismay, refuses. So they decide to offer them a base instead and whatever resources are necessary to fight the Cons. But though they may need the Bots to keep the Cons at bay since they won't give them their technology, they know Optimus and his Autobots are benevolent and would oppose them and their plans to take over and dominate humanity should they ever find out their true intentions.

4. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    Of course, they are on government's side, as well, as agent Fowler - are all in.
    This is the only way, how Silas got from the crash point to the place, where BreakDown's corpse was.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd love the idea of an evil shadow government.

I'd picture a organization much like the Sentinel Project in the X-Men led by no other than Theodore Galloway.

6. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only if the evil government is led by evil Stephen Colbert, spotting an evil goatee.

7. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    This

8. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    An interesting story idea, but like anything related to politics and morals, its astonishingly easy to fuck up and make it come across as a load of old wank. Certain elements within the government working to advance and protect MECH, I can dig that, but I can't exactly see the whole of Government twirling their moustaches over this one.

9. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if this happens, i want to see Anonymous appear.

10. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Spunky man, you gotta chop that thing up into smaller paragraphs. That thing is painful on the eyes.

Personally, in the Transformers world, I'd rather not have the government be evil. Evil government works better in the DC world. Like on the Justice League Unlimited cartoon with Project Cadmus. When it comes to Transformers, I'd rather just have the Decepticons as the main enemy on the show.

11. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Maybe we need C.G.B. Spender to make an appearance to exemplify the evil government...

12. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Prime attempts to be realistic, so no, I don't believe in this concept. It also seems really baseless. What made you think that the trailer and summary for Grill implies anything of the sort?

13. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. That's just... A bad idea on ethical and thematic grounds. No.

14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's very likely that the Government will try to terminate Team Prime just to keep things in check after the events of Nemesis Prime but that's it.

15. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    how about a Shattered Glass episode? gov was somewhat evil in there, right?

16. Quirriff

Quirriff Well-Known Member

I doubt it...But I think there will be MECH spies.

I think the next episode will be a clipshow....

17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Government is alway evil... unless it's your guy in power. Then when they do the same thing at the other party (or worse) it's still good and right.

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I have noticed the US Military have cleaned up a lot of stuff so far - more than Mech has even so unless the Autobots have been demanding it back - it's probably sitting at some secret base some place (like Area 51 in Stargate Sg1) and someone's trying to reverse engineer it.

How could they resist trying to make their own Energy Weapons at least ?

So if mech or other are developing tech for some great struggle then the USA has to be one side in that struggle - heck perhaps MECH are the (anti-)heroes and Silas was getting wind of some bad deal going down when he was still inside the loop and that is why he started MECH...

As it's a cartoon I do not expect any of this to happen on screen - but it's fun to ponder on it a bit.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yes. :rock 

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I loved Project Cadmus. I wouldn't mind seeing something loosely based on that in this series.

Rather than having the government be the big bad evil here, I think it'd work better if it was either a head of the DoD or Homeland Security overstepping their authority. I think we're going to something like this slowly unfold in the coming weeks, as Silas seems more like a field commander to me than the head of an organization.

Are last Saturday's MECH operatives doing what they're doing because they were ordered to
    or are they really trying to save the life of their beloved leader
    ?