Heavy/Scratch: make bb optimus prime more bulkier like ultimate prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jemi, Jan 2, 2012.

1. jemi

jemi Well-Known Member

hello everyone i am new to this forum but i have watching your great site fore a while now.i am trying to make my sons bb optimus prime more beefed up.i was thinking in a way like an armor attachment to the forarms,legs and possibly to the chest or shoulders. does anybody have an idea how to do this.for my sons sake optimus should still be fully transformable.i have watched how some of you have made ultimate jetprime and i was blown away.that was really awesome.i hope some of you have an idea.i have some parts to work with.

yours sincerly jesper

ps sorry for the bad english. i am from denmark.

2. jigs625

jigs625 Autobot-TODA Operator

welcome to the radicons! you could search the tutorial bout adding a blackbird model kit to bb prime or you could always canabalize broken tfs or gundam parts to use as primes armor.

3. jemi

jemi Well-Known Member

its not exactly bb kit i am looking for,but some ideas to make him bigger maybe the bb kit could be used,but he is not be jetprime but more like an war armor for him that will make him look bigger.i dont know anything about gundam parts so i wouldent know what to order anyway.i need your help on this one.

4. jigs625

ok i'll try to tinker with my bb prime and see what i can come up with

5. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I know someone used the Ultimate Prime trailer on BB OP even if it couldn't move much. Maybe you can cut the armor bits and try to attach them individually.

6. jemi

jemi Well-Known Member

thanks jigs625 you are a lifesaver.:) btw the paint on optimus legs,chest and arms i did that my self.i think that it is more movie accurate like that.do you have any names on internet shops that sells gundam parts and which ones i should order.it is a must that they ship to denmark.

yours sincerly:jesper

7. jemi

jemi Well-Known Member

then i had to buy ultimate optimus prime just to cut the trailer into pieces,i dont wanna do that.i am sure that jigs625 comes up with a good idea but thanks anyway.

8. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yea the armor hinders the articulation. when i get off my ass and get a junker primus, ill switch the arms and add knee joints
    [​IMG]

9. jemi

jemi Well-Known Member

i am working on some protective gear for his arms now. i will post a pic later.i am not really sure what i think about it right now.maybe it will turn out just fine.:) 

10. jemi

jemi Well-Known Member

here are the pics i talked about earlier.i added spikes on the one shield to try something different.i dont know what i think of it. the shields fits fine on him and adds a little mass to the forearms.i just doesnt seem like enough but i am not sure.this is supposed to be like a combat armor for him that also makes look bigger.what do you guys think?

11. jigs625

hey jemi i think i made optimus prime bulkier... not supreme prime bulky but wrecker optimus prime bulky.... i'll post pics once its fully painted i just need some paint. and as you requested its fully removable and only attaches thru friction.

12. jemi

jemi Well-Known Member

thanks jigs i am very eager to see what you have come up with and surprised that you worked so fast with him. i abdondend my first idea and brainstormed a little bit.i will post some pics for you later. it may need to be painted,but this is just the beginning. i will add you to my contacts here on tfw2005.i hope that you are okay with that.its nice to have friend in here.again thank you.

13. jigs625

hey jemi thanks man heres what I came up with... Im sorry if its not Ultimate Prime like.

14. jemi

jemi Well-Known Member

dont be sorry.that is smokin.what did you use for chest,back and mid section.this is not ultimate prime. this is WAR prime.i like what you did with him.if you are online later tonight i will send you a pic of the arm gear i am currently working on

yours sincerly jesper

15. jigs625

hey glad u liked it.... i will post a tutorial on my thread, once i finalize things i made it this way so it wont affect your arm guard, also just add @yahoo.com to my user name so we could talk on facebook. its easier for me to browse pics there. really glad u liked it...

16. jemi

jemi Well-Known Member

i am not on facebook but i could be,then you would be my only friend.LOL i will check out facebook later.

17. jigs625

yo! glad you dig war prime! by the way it would help if u have TFTMStockade and some PCC minicons 4 War prime. you also need movie 1 voyager class prime and some enegon weapons, to pull off wrecker prime. i'll post a tutorial on how to make it

18. jemi

jemi Well-Known Member

i will send you some pics of the armguards tomorrow i still need some sanding to do to make them just right.i will check what parts i have tomorrow for war prime.i think that you will dig the armguards.maybe i will add some wires.dont know yet.i was thinking about g1 red color for the guards,but maybe you could give a good idea when you see the pics.later jigs

19. Rodimeister0088

Rodimeister0088 Prime

crazy project you guys got here. props on the progress in the mold!

20. jemi

jemi Well-Known Member

hey guys.now i have made the arm guards and then i made a chest armor for him and then i gave it silver base paint. this is really a WIP.I drilled a hole in one armguard and added a pin in the other so now he can hold both mechtech and ordinary weapons.next step is g1 colors and add shoulder guns on the chest armor. i will check back when upload function is up and running.keep up the good work all of you.