[MAJOR SPOILERS!] DOTM Ending?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Stryker055, Jun 26, 2011.

?

Which ending do you prefer?

1. Megatron fights Optimus and is killed (MOVIE)

57 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Megatron calls truce with Optimus (BOOK/COMIC)

76 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Okay, then you should have no problem. All this makes perfect sense based on what has been built up on the character of Megatron through multiple forms of media.

(And FYI, there is no set "canon"; everything exists as an alternate universe of sorts. :wink: )

2. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would like a truce, but only to set up for a fourth movie.

3. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

No point in even responding. Trust me. A truce is not possible at this stage in the game. The whole movie is about the "Final" battle. A truce is totally ridiculous considering what Megs and the decepts have done.

4. Stryker055

Ebay:
    Okay, I see you're still holding onto that belief, so I'll let you and your opinion lie. I do hope you can enjoy the film better than I will. :) 

5. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

This. I liked the ending with the truce. But I'm trying to get over it and I will try to enjoy the movie anyway. But if they wanted to end it all by killing off Megatron, then why not have the same ending as the novel where Megs and Optimus team-up, but instead of calling a truce, they agree on having one last battle to settle it all. That would been better than a battle where everyone fights each other and Megs even dies before Sentinel. It just seems wrong...

6. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

This is the whole point of the novel ending, OP has no right to trust Megatron at all. Yet he does.... out of hope. Hope that Megatron can change, hope that one day their people can be united again. Because as much as he hates to admit, he does ache for Cybertron just like Megatron does.

All Optimus can hold on to is his hope. I personally thought it was a great ending very thought provoking, but each to their own I guess.

7. laststopdmb41

laststopdmb41 Well-Known Member

Are we 100% sure this is how the movie ends??? Cause from what I've seen here on the boards it is only one person saying this. How many people can confirm this from actually seein the movie?

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    To me, the novels are far more canon than the films could ever be, simply on account of being better written.

9. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Kind of off topic, but since
    Megatron
    dies at the end of the movie, does this shatter our dreams of a new Leader Class toy? :( 

10. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Not really... In case you haven't noticed every character who has gotten a Leader figure has died (at least once) except for BB lol

11. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Good point. Lol

12. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

I still have my doubts; I think it's disinformation. The fact that Bay selected Linkin Park's Iridescent as the cover song for Dark of the Moon is what has me keeping up hope for the outstanding novel ending. And honestly, the information presented by both Monkey-Hands and Celliure (spelling?) has me skeptical, especially how Monkey-Hands specifically said that Megatron rips Lincolns head off his shoulders, when we have a TV spot that contradicts this entirely (Megatron shoots it off with his cannon) and how he said that Steeljaw, Leadfoot's pet, was actually one of the Dreads kill by Mirage and Bee...I don't buy it. No disrespect to either though.

13. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a very good point and perhaps its just that Optimus is a bigger optimist than I am but seeing how angry Optimus was at the director for leaving out information you wouldn't think though that Optimus might be just a liiiitle more angry at Megatron for ...ya.know.....starting the whole war and killing him in the forest and all. But I do see your point and it's a good one

14. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    i like then comic/book version more because it gives us an open gate for a 4th movie. I would like to see a weak megatron fall to the power of unicron and turns into galvatron and decides to fight optimus since he is now strong enough again. but keeping him dead is good too.

15. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Sorry dude, I just don't see it. The scene was described in such detail that it would be hard to just think of it.

Think about it. Axe, head + Spine. Prime with 1 arm. SP in the face by Prime using Megs' shotgun.:( 

16. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    If you have a writes imagination you can come up with anything my friend. Im not saying either of those two guys lied but if you have a good imagination, the sky is the limit as to what you can think of. Here is an example from my Shadowcon book im writing. Yes... Im writing a book of a third TFs faction that is enemies to both the Cons and Bots. In this scene the Shadowcons are working with the Autobots. And Sector 7 is back but now working with the D-Cons.

Example from my book.

Optimus could see smoke in all directions as it spread to blacken the sky. He ducked and ran back to safety as he dodged in behind Specter’s much larger frame. Specter had stepped out of cover from the woods to cover Optimus’s retreat. Specter let loose with a plasma cannon and a set of missiles that hit a pursuing Sector Seven combat tank. The tank’s front end slammed down and its own momentum jacked up the back end, sending it in an end-over tumble that sent it into and splintering a group of standing Oak trees. “Thanks for the assist,” replied Optimus. “But the tank wasn’t my worry.” Specter looked past the now burning wreckage of the tank as Optimus gave him a quick chuckle. “That’s why I was running.”

A trio of Decepticon Cybertronian tanks rolled up and the center Con transformed. He was twice the size of his two companions and his chest was twice as wide as most Decepticons they had fought lately. The armor on his chest hissed, opened down the center and parted like two massive doors. Specter gave a quick sigh before the massive Decepticon sent roughly 60 rockets from his chest in his direction. He was rocked by rocket after rocket. Even off-balance, he managed to get off two quick plasma rounds from his right arm cannon. One round fell short and sent mounds of dirt and grass in all directions. The second round hit the smaller tank Decepticon to the right and caught him in mid transformation. The bot dropped to its side, stuck between bot and vehicle mode. The round caught him center chest in an open vulnerable spot where his main transformation computer core was housed. Stuck between modes and helpless, Specter made note to be pissed at himself later for not making a clean kill. What bothered him most was he could not come back later and finish off the downed Con.

The third Con Quickly transformed and started forward as his larger companion continued to pepper Specter with salvo after salvo of rockets. Seeing the smaller Con advancing and spotting four new enemies emerge from the woods roughly fifty yards back, Specter and Optimus started themselves in a slow backward walk. They needed to get out of range of the large crazed Decepticon with what seemed to be never ending swarms of rockets. What the Decepticons didn’t know was behind Specter and Optimus; just on the other side of the woods to their backs was the second half of their unit that stayed with Optimus. Even though Optimus split his unit and left half behind and they give their lives to slow down Starscream’s advance, he still had the second largest unit to set itself between Starscream’s loyalist Decepticons and Paris. But it still wasn’t enough.
    Thundercracker had somehow picked up two French Leclerc main battle tanks and had Sector Seven troop support with too many vehicle and chopper assets to count. Not to mention his Decepticon soldiers and Seekers of which were far too many for the two of them to take on alone. As Optimus and Specter backed through the woods, the first Decepticon to follow was quickly engulfed by their support vehicles. The unlucky enemy bot slumped forward in a burning hulk and seconds later all hell broke loose. Thundercracker stepped through the wood line followed by his oversized rocket throwing Con and line after line of Decepticons and Sector Seven support personnel. Thundercracker and the large rocket tank Con were spearheading the offensive.

For three hours Thundercracker’s unit and Prime’s units pushed back and forth. But it wasn’t going good for Optimus and Specter. The Decepticons were pushing harder and continued to push that much closer to being able to link up with Starscream and Thrust’s units.
    “We’re in big trouble.” Specter said.
    “Give them all you got!” yelled Optimus as he opened fire on the closest enemy to come into range.
    Specter stepped forward and slammed his fist into the face of the same Con Optimus has just fired at. “No… I mean we are in big trouble! I just got a message from Havoc who is mixed in with this same Decepticon unit we are now fighting.” replied Specter.
    “I don’t see him. What was the message?”
    Specter continued to pound the unlucky Decepticon with fist after fist. “Havoc has already relayed this info to Whiplash and her unit. Bumblebee and Ratchet never made it out of Paris and the enemy force they were meant to hold in check is this very unit we are fighting. Our chosen unit which was Starscream’s main advance has merged with Thrust’s unit and other reinforcements and is now pushing on Whiplash and Trailbreaker. The worst part is Soundwave and another force has already landed in Paris.”

“They won’t be able to hold at their current location without help. If they have to fall back to Paris, Whiplash will not be able to hold out there either. Not with Soundwave in the city and Starscream pushing into the city. We have no other choice but to fall back to her location and reinforce her unit, then we fall back to Paris together.” replied Optimus.
    “But we’ll be giving Starscream what he wants…Paris!” said Specter
    “I know, but we have to help Whiplash.” replied Optimus.

Across the field, a lone large Decepticon came storming toward Prime’s front line. He quickly took out two allied tanks as he continued forward. Specter spotted a smaller Decepticon rush in from behind the large Con but seemed to smile a bit at the sight of the smaller Con. The larger Con took a plasma round to the back which pushed him forward and he tripped and fell forward slamming hard to the ground. “Who… what fool… watch where you shoot!” yelled the large Con as he got to one knee and turned to continue scolding the bot who shot him in the back.
    Havoc ran forward as his Decepticon camouflage wore off to show his true Shadowcon form. “Oh, I meant to shoot you in the back.” Havoc’s arm wrist blades sprung out and before the enemy Decepticon could say another word, Havoc was already past him and standing next to Specter with the enemy Con’s head in his palm.
    “So I see you have taken up the sport of head hunting?” asked Specter.
    “What this?” Havoc looked at the head and threw it at another oncoming Decepticon. “No I still like taking these.” Havoc held up the hand of the same bot he just beheaded, snapped off a finger and clipped it on a chain that held at least a dozen other fingers from past enemies.
    “I just saw you take his head… never mind. I don think I want to know how you got his hand and head just that quick. I still don’t know why you like to collect a single finger from those you terminate?” asked Specter who almost sounded troubled.
    Havoc just smiled, turned and jumped back into the thickest area of the battle.
    “Remember Warzone isn’t here to save you!” yelled out Specter as he watched Havoc disappear in the heavy fighting.

Planting his foot in front of himself, Optimus shifted his weight and suddenly cut straight in at the forming enemy line. Calling on two NEST M1-A1 tanks, two Apache attack choppers and a small force of combat soldiers; he threw a fast-moving assault right into the heart of Thundercracker’s Decepticons.
    “Optimus… What are you doing?” Specter yelled out after him.
    Getting Thundercracker extremely irritated with him, Optimus hoped.

By luck more than planning, Optimus caught a lone Decepticon and Sector Seven Tank out in the open as they tried to reposition. It left the core of Thundercracker’s unit exposed to his quick strike. Havoc was now lost somewhere in the massive fighting as Specter traded shots with both Thundercracker and the massive rocket throwing Con. The two Apache choppers that aided Optimus made quick work of the Sector Seven tank as soldiers from both side clashed. The lone Decepticon was about the size of Optimus but Optimus knew this Con was not on his level. Optimus let loose with two quick plasma rounds from his hand cannon before charging forward. Both rounds hit the enemy bot. One hit him in the chest making him stutter step to the left, as the second round caught him in the left elbow completely severing the lower arm. The Decepticon only had a spit second to yell out in pain or anger. Optimus couldn’t tell which, but it made no difference because the Con went silent as two Energon blades sprung from his lower back and he was lifted off his feet. Optimus turned the blades horizontally while still protruding from the Con’s back and pulled the blades out the Decepticon’s sides severing his body in two.

“Back to our lines… now!” Optimus yelled out, slamming himself into a backward jog. The two Apache’s caught yet another Sector seven tank as its treads were blown off and it stay stuck in place. A lone Sector Seven APC was also destroyed by one of his accompanying tanks. The APC exploded and scrap of the vehicle and personnel were everywhere.

Optimus and his attack force minus a hand full of soldiers who were unlucky enough to get back to the comfort of allied lines regrouped with Specter and his troops. “Was it good for you?” Specter asked with a smile as Optimus regained his place next to him.
    “It wasn’t what I was hoping for. I hate being ignored. Do you think I got Thundercracker’s attention?” Optimus smirked and looked over as if to be sarcastic toward Specter’s initial question.

A swarm of missiles and plasma fire fell on their position, launching dirt and debris into the air on columns of fire.
    “Yes,” Specter said. “I’d say you got his attention.”
    Both Optimus and Specter continued to fall back, but slowly. “Where is that brother of mine?” Specter caught himself asking out loud as he and Optimus took turns trading weapons fire with the advancing Decepticons. “Look, their line is erratic. Thundercracker has yet to set his lines!” Specter sounded excited.
    “Looks like Havoc may be the reason Thundercracker’s lines are so erratic.” Optimus pointed toward the back of the Decepticon lines.

Havoc was once again doing what he did best, creating havoc throughout the enemy lines.
    A Sector seven APC was quickly ripped apart as Havoc jogged by slashing into its side with his wrist blades. The APC seemed to convulse before its engine housing and fuel lines blew. As the Smoke billowed into the sky, Specter glimpsed something flying fast and in a downward dive, heading right for Havoc’s position. He quickly transformed into his Russian Sukhoi SU-37 fighter mode and took flight.
    Havoc looked up just as Specter collided in mid air with the oncoming Seeker who was aiming to bring him down. The two bots collided and transformed simultaneously, both now locked in a death fall like two birds of prey. The enemy Seeker laughed as he looked Specter in the face. Specter locked optics with this new enemy, making a mental note as he scanned the enemy to determine its power level.

Seconds before smashing into the ground like two meteors from orbit, Specter felt a sense of enjoyment as his power level scan of the Seeker reviled him to be yet another of Starscream’s closets followers. “Nice to make your acquaintance Dirge,” Specter sank his fingers into Dirge’s side and neck, “but now you must die!” BOOM!!!
    The two slammed into the ground with the force of a massive bomb. The force of the blast and the concussion that followed knocked other Decepticons and soldiers from both sides off their feet. One unlucky Decepticon was caught in the blast of the impact and his armor and outer frame was blown apart. He fell to the ground trying to get up but was quickly dispatched by Havoc as a high velocity plasma round from his arm mounted sniper cannon hit the downed Con dead center in the head.

Both Specter and Dirge managed to survive the fall, yet Specter felt like he should have met Endspark like so many times before. Endspark would catch up with him one day, just not this day.
    As Specter collected himself and got to his feet all he could think about was a passage he remembered reading from a transcript that one of the human soldiers had been reading just days before. He scanned the transcript from across the field as the soldier sat on a combat vehicle 100 yards away.

What do our enemies see when they look upon us? They see their gods and the heroes of their corrupted myths, gathered before them and heralding the end of their world.
    Specter quickly snapped out of his trance to feel the servos in his lower body scream out. He was unaware of the Decepticon who snuck up from behind and slammed a small wrist type blade into the small of his back where most of his armor was missing from the fall and crash.

As Dirge crawled from the large blast crater and got to his feet, Havoc closed the distance between himself and Specter. In a flash the Con who had his wrist blade buried in Specter’s back was down on his back. As he looked up to see what knocked him off his footing, Havoc grabbed him by his forehead, pulled his head back and slid his assassin like wrist blade across the Con’s neck severing the head.
    “Warzone may save me from time to time but it looks like it’s me saving you this day brother.” Havoc winked at Specter as he knelt down next to the fallen Con to once again take one of its fingers for a trophy.
    “Yes, but If you would have been watching yourself and not running ahead, I would not have had to save you from Dirge…BROTHER!!” winked back Specter.

Specter looked back toward Dirge just to catch Dirge back himself into the continuous oncoming Decepticon lines. “It’s now personal!!” yelled out Specter after Dirge as the Con disappeared behind other enemies who stepped forward to take his place.
    “We have to fall back brother.” Havoc said as he pulled at Specter.

The two Shadowcons fell back to allied lines and continued to retreat with Optimus and their human support. Optimus looked over at Specter who had lost most of his lower torso and back armor. “So… was it good for you?”
    Specter just gave Optimus a quick smirk and shake of the head as if he knew that was coming. “Touché Prime, touché.”

17. optimus_tractor

optimus_tractor Well-Known Member

I would go with the truce ending if it were me, simply because after the last two movies, it would be the ending no one would have expected, especially from Michael Bay.

Of course, this is still Michael Bay we're talking about, so it's not surprising he went with the ending that maximizes the body count.

We'll see Optimus Prime become Bloodshedus Prime, Taker of Faces and Killer of All, and then ascend to godhood as Cannibalus Prime, and he will feast on the blood and oil of all around him.

Shit, Optimus Prime makes a better Megatron than Megatron.

18. Stryker055

Ebay:
    While I give you an A for effort in typing all that out, it's pretty obvious that Monkey was telling the truth. He and the other guy that saw it have given plenty of proof. Fact is, the ending has been changed, whether you like it or not (and I most certainly do not).

19. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

While the truce ending sounds poetic, I can completely agree with Prime just being incredibly tired of having to deal with the decepticons.

While Prime's catchphrase might be "freedom is the right of all sentient beings"

Movie-Prime's is obviously "Freedom comes with a heavy price" and he's proved it again and again and again.

20. SONICDEBEZT

SONICDEBEZT DESTROYER OF WORLDS

News Credits:
    well at the end
    Megatron is basically the only decepticons that lives at the end
    if he get sub-zero'd at the end that means the decepticons are done there gone if he has a truce then they'll be no more autobots or decepticons there will only be autocons or deceptibots :lol : or they'll just be one race
    thats my though i'm cool with either ending but the 1st choice sounds more epic but the 2nd sound more like iridescent to me
    like they'res peace and they left the past behind them and start anew. :)