Maintaining Models - Soul of Chogokin Evas

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by ryogahibiki, Feb 7, 2010.

1. ryogahibiki

ryogahibiki New Member

Hi all,

This is my first post. I just started collecting the Evas from the SOC series, and I was wondering if anyone else has encountered loose joints on these figures. My nice and shiny Unit 03 was brand new and sealed in the box, yet the left leg is loose on the ball joint. The figure can still stand, but I'd rather not have the figure break sometime in the future. Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions?

Also - does anyone know of a good place to get Unit 02? The only place I'm finding it is eBay right now....and $200 is way too much to pay for a single figure.

2. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Keep the SOC 03 and get the SOC SPECs for the rest. Sometime in the future I hope we'll see 03 as well as the rest overdue movie releases in the SPEC line.

They're basically naked bodies of the evas and you attach the armour on. Perfect for display, a tad smaller than the SOC releases, extremely articulated and tons of optional parts on all of them.

As for the loose ball joint, if you can detach it, apply glue or paint, let it dry, then re-attach.

3. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Tightening joints on the SOC Evas is a NIGHTMARE. It wouldn't be so bad if it were possible to separate the joints to apply nail polish or similar, but the important ones (the knees and hips) are sealed with painted screw covers that you practically have to destroy to get access to, leaving you with gashed chunks missing from the legs. The other alternative is to try and "dribble" superglue or nail polish into the joint and work them constantly so that it works into the mating surfaces but doesn't permanently fuse the joints together.

I would mirror what Knightdramon suggests and honestly skip the rest of the SOCS and go for the SOC Specs instead. They're not as diecast-filled (which makes them less susceptible to the loose joints of the SOC versions), have a greater range of pose-ability, and a sleeker design. They're also BIGGER than the SOCs, not smaller, which is a bonus.