Mainframe in 2017 (rainmaker studios)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Blunderzag, Sep 18, 2017.

?

Transformers by Mainframe

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Blunderzag

Blunderzag Active Member

Hello everyone, this is my first thread but I've wanted to get this out there but I think I have something for you guys . Rainmaker studios is making a reboot of Reboot ,their main show before Beast wars. It will be called Reboot guardian code and will be coming out in 2018 in Canada. If this show is successful do you think or at least would you want Hasbro to approach them again like they did in 1996? Let me hear what you think!

2. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Continuously Variable

News Credits:
    If it's successful, then maybe Hasbro will approach them on rebooting Beast Wars.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Blunderzag

Blunderzag Active Member

Yeah I really don't know how it would work
    Even if they did, dont expect it any time soon
    They clearly have their own plan with Cyberverse and what not.

4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Mainframe did a good job with Beast Wars, but the graphics and animation (which is what Mainframe/Rainmaker does) isn't what truly made the series great. What really made the series shine were the writers and voice talent, none of whom were permanent Mainframe staff. I don't mean for that to be in any way derogatory to the animators. Mainframe were pioneers in their field, and they clearly put a lot of love and special touches into what we saw on-screen in Beast Wars. However, I can't say that Transformers got any less love from Polygon Pictures, or would get any less from Boulder Media. In other words, I would certainly have no objections to Rainmaker animating another TF series, but no real reason to pick them over a similarly competent studio.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Could Hasbro make a partnership with Rainmaker entertainment ?

Long story short: Rainmaker doesn't exist anymore, they're now calling themselves WOW! Unlimited Entertainment, there's probably not anyone left working for them who was working for Mainframe 20 years ago, so this is basically like asking for whoever bought up the remaining assets of German company TV Loonland to pick up where Sunbow left off 30 years ago.

Or asking for Omnicom/DDB/Moss Dragoti to team up with Hasbro again simply because they're the legal successor of Griffin Bacal.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Blunderzag

Blunderzag Active Member

You have a good point with the writers and what not , we could get what happened with bionicle in 2015 and if you didnt like beast machines this would be worse. I just hope that cyberverse with all of the elements they are revisiting , employ Bob Forward and Larry Ditillio for an episode , but you shouldnt try to make lightning in a bottle but rather catch it

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Look, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but... Rainmaker no longer exists. It was absorbed into WOW! Entertainment last year.

Rainmaker Entertainment’s new WOW! factor

As for Guardian Code, they first announced it in 2013. That it took another two years for it to get picked up (especially with the provenance of Reboot, I would have figured it was an instant sell), and another two years to start filming, is, I'm sorry to say, a pretty bad sign, especially when they've been filming for months and the release date is still "sometime next year".

Reboot Of 'Reboot' Gets A Title. Yes, This Is Really Happening

ReBoot: The Guardian Code Release Date, Cast Info, and More!

I'm not saying this because I hate the studio formerly known as Mainframe. Quite the opposite, I love what they did, and I wish them a huge amount of success in the future as part of WOW! Entertainment (I really do think it could be a turning point after a long period of hard years). That being said, we've had a reboot reboot dangled in front of our heads for YEARS now, multiple times, and I'm sorry, I've gotten to the point where I'll believe it when I see the premiere. That they're taking a radically different approach with the concept is also disconcerting (but not necessarily bad).

I could be needlessly skeptical here. I'll gladly eat crow later on if I am. But in all honesty? I don't think we'll catch lightning in a bottle like that reboot/beast wars period again just by going back to the Mainframe well. I'd love to see Forward and DiTillo come back to Transformers (or sci-fi in general, to be fair. Babylon 5 is ripe for a reboot...), I'd love to see some more TF work from the wonderful people of Beast Wars (some of whom have been able to return to the brand since then). But no matter what happens, I don't think it'll be the same, or even close, to what they did 20 years ago. Better to bank on something different, in my mind. TF: Animated showed us that can work, that the 'spark' of what made Beast Wars great can live on in other shows, with other casts, and with new settings, and I'd love to see more of it.

As for Hasbro going back to them? It seems nowadays that Hasbro is inching closer and closer to making their own content in house (or at least, in a Hasbro-owned studio), so it could be that there's less and less chance of them going to a studio like WOW! to do their work as time goes on. I wouldn't mind WOW! getting another shot at TF, however.

Also here's a great article on the history of Reboot:

How "ReBoot" Predicted The Future But Got Left Behind

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blunderzag

Blunderzag Active Member

I was aware of most of what you said but dont worry I wasnt going to be offended by your opinion I mean its not that serious ;) 
    If anything like I said before Cyberverse is all we have right now and we dont know much at all so I hope it is something I can watch like Prime or Rick and Morty ...I kind of stopped watching RID

9. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 I MET BOTH MPMs IN STORE TODAY. THEY EXIST!

News Credits:
    You're waiting for Hasbro to reunite with Mainframe to tell new stories, but I'm still waiting for the story that was never finished (Drive to survive, <3 forever yours, AcceleRacers, I will always be that kid you raised me to be)

Sad to hear Mainframe/Rainmaker is no more

10. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Maybe now's a chance to go back and watch the other series you didn't get a chance to.

11. Blunderzag

Blunderzag Active Member

I mostly stopped watching RID because I was disinterested but ive been considering it for sure

12. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I'd rather see a sequel/spinoff. Preferably one lasting longer than Crusade. I think it's been long enough that we can accept another show in that universe that doesn't center around the same characters. What I'd like to see regarding a remake is for someone to pitch the idea to Warner Bros. ...and then point out how much cheaper it would be to just redo the CGI sequences instead. Then maybe we could finally get an HD release.

13. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another thread started by a troll, 6 posts in 3.5 years, seriously?

14. Blunderzag

Blunderzag Active Member

Sounds like thats a problem around here but rest assured that I have no intention of trolling whatever the definition in this case may be. I would like to be a member of this community though as Transformers means alot to me as it does you
    I just never got around to signing in regularly, sorry I guess?

• Like Like x 2
  15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I agree with Aernaroth in that I'd like the same creative people back more. VAs, writers, the actual people involved. Studios come and go, but it's the individuals responsible for breathing life into the show who we have to thank.

That's usually the telltale sign of a non-troll, actually.

Also, who cares what his post count is? You can just lurk with a profile.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blunderzag

Blunderzag Active Member

Yeah ive been lurking for like 5ish years

17. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Yeah, dude, let's not be that guy, okay? So far this member has been pleasant and open to discussion, which is more than you can say about a many non-troll members here, so let's not slag them until they start to earn it, you know? Plenty of users lurk a lonnnnng time, or make accounts just to get the news notices.

18. Blunderzag

Blunderzag Active Member

Yeah I mainly come here for the toy threads and news , but like I come here so often its a habit/reflex to flip through here whenever im bored on my phone. Anyways thanks for sticking up for me but jaws is cool too he didnt really do anything wrong