Main-Line Constructicons... Why not?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DecepticonsRule, Dec 11, 2009.

1. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    So Hasbro is still not having any plans to release the other Constructicons (Scrapper, Hightower and Overload) as individual, main-line figures (at this point, I doubt we're getting any at all).

But I say, why not?

If I was Hasbro, I'd want to get as many Transformers movie figures out there as I can to make money. There'd be couple advantages to releasing the rest of the Constructicons:

- Kids love construction vehicles, so they'd be great sellers
    - The Constructicons are some of the most anticipated (possible) toy releases, so fans everywhere would be buying them
    - They have great designs to work with
    - Offers more repaints/remolds for the future
    - It'd be good to promote characters that were featured in the movie

Obviously, Hasbro has a lot of ideas up there sleeves. At the moment, we're getting a bunch of new molds of characters that weren't even in ROTF. I don't really know why Hasbro is doing this, when there are a bunch of "in-movie" ROTF characters they haven't released yet.

So: why do you think Hasbro hasn't yet, or isn't going to, release the other Constructicons as individual figures?

2. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Because Hasbro blows, thus HASBLOW.

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Maybe they're just saving them for the TF3 line. At least, they'd BETTER do it.

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I sometimes want to send Hasbro a Stripper Pole.
    really, they flash us with a tease session in the theater (RotF Devs), then we get rejected like we just ran out of singles (Supreme Devs) and our only friend for the night is a so-so substitute bottle of Crown Royal (Legends/EZ Collection Devs).

Every time i pass by the endcap filled with Supreme Devs, I want to punch one.
    And it is because we are not getting the resst of Devs in voyager class, and not getting what could have been THE devs set (scout class, in my book.)

Hasbro isn't gonna release any more because they said they are kinda tired of it and want to move on.

God Help Us all if in TF3, there's Superion or Bruticus.

5. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The ROTF line is supposed to run well, WELL into next year. Hell, we haven't even seen the 3rd biker girl yet. Unless they straight up said "We're not doing those toys" in a recent Q&A I wouldn't rule the possibility out entirely.

Personally, I'd at least really want a Scrapper.

6. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Hasbro might just be waiting for the TF3 line to do something good with the Constructicons or (if they even choose to do it), a different combiner. Devs might've died at the end of TF3, but knowing the movies, he'll just get back up or something! :lol :
    Anyways, in TF3, if Devs does come back, Hasbro'll have learned from their mistakes and will make a better Supreme (with seperating limbs that turn into robots AND vehicles), or not make a Supreme and make individual toys that combine. Of course, Hasbro might not've learned AT ALL and just release the old toys, in which case, we all unleash our rage.... again.

7. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Well, so far out of the 2010 toys that we've seen thus far, the only toy that immediately comes to mind that even slightly appeared in the movie is Brawn. Or at least his vehicle did. Everything else is either a completely new mold that didn't appear in the movie, or a repaint. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd wager all new movie characters are done with toys. Everything else that comes out are going to be new molds or repaints, but not new characters from the movie (save the third bike). Also, from the looks of things, the new TF video game/cartoon series will be getting a toy line that will phase out the movie toys, just like Animated and Universe did with Movie 1 toys.

8. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    yup..that will be great to have air planes that don't transform or combat vehicles that do not transform....wait that is GI Joe....

Habro=FAIL!

the constructicon issue sucked..they should have just reissued classics devy and been done with it.

9. DecepticonsRule

News Credits:
    But at this point though, if they haven't started developing the figures, I doubt that they're going to make any at all.

I'd assume that the ROTF line will last until about... June. Maybe. So far, we've seen the figures that are going to be released from January-April. I don't think they have any plans for the Constructicons right now, and I doubt they ever will.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    It seems to me NONE of the individual Constructicons are selling that well...not just based on what I see in my area but based on comments I've seen other members post.

Not saying I don't want Overload, Hightower and Scrapper, just pointing somthing out :) 

11. DecepticonsRule

News Credits:
    Really? Where I live, I can't find Long Haul or Mixmaster at all in stores. There's a few Demolishors and Rampages, but not as many as left-over Sideways and Ravage.

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    plus one of the problems with Contructicons is that in certain countries (either China or Japan was the big one, i forget) they dont really view construction vehicles as toys, so noone would really buy them-learned this while asking about Animated Constructicons, same reason.

13. jerky123

jerky123 PSN=deadpoolistheman

News Credits:
    Did, you guys ever think that the Hasbro team had to choose between, let's say, Legneds Devestator, or to release all the Constructicons. I bet they at least have a good reason for it.

14. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's a bit silly. Have they childhood without the Tonka? D:

But yeah, the ROTF Constructicons need to get in line behind the Animated ones for toys. I still can't believe that's the cause though.

15. DecepticonsRule

News Credits:
    I still think it would sell well with the TF fans there though. IMO, they'd bring quite a bit of revenue on the American Market at least.
    We haven't even considered the European market yet either.

16. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    ...for the sake of variety.

And I dispute the idea that construction vehicles are great sellers and popular with kids. From what I see, I think they're inclined to shelfwarm.

Other than Scrapper, which is one of the better designs, I'm not too pushed about the rest of the Constructicons. I'm happier with molds they did do, like Bludgeon and Mindwipe.

In an ideal world, they'd make molds of everything, but in this world Hasbro have limitations they operate under. To be honest, I'll probably prefer the molds that get made instead of the rest of the Constructicons.