Fan Art: Mailing Commission Art

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Jetfireinthesky, May 24, 2006.

1. Jetfireinthesky

Jetfireinthesky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've recently commissioned someone for a peice of art and both of us are new to the commissioning business. So what's the best way to mail off art so that it doesn't get too damaged? Thanks for the help.

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    you can go the tube route where you roll it up and send it in a thick tube but then when you get it the paper's all rolled up and it'll have that curve to it when you take it out

or you could send it in an envelope [flat] with some kind of cardboard backing behind it or whatever and write "do not bend" on the envelope

*shrug*

just a couple options i'm sure

*edit*
    i'm sure you could just ask the post office or whoever you're sending it through what some of the best ways to send stuff like that is too

3. TerraEsperZ

TerraEsperZ Active Member

Never trust a mailman *not* to bend an envelope with just such a warning on it. I almost had commissioned pieces destroyed like that once (stuffed savagely into my tiny mailbox).

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    eh, i havent had any probs with it thus far [do that sending comics out and always arrives in good shape]

course if you wanna be real safe you could always get a thin box and pad the pic with bubble wrap or whatever

i dunno

you can do a lot of things i guess :p 

5. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i sent via fedex with their letter envelopes was a little extra but it got there in good shape