Maiden japan is going full 3rd party :)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Autobot78, Aug 6, 2012.

1. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    IMO the kits are slightly overpriced but considering how many parts there in each set $55 isn't that bad. If it was in the $40-ish range I would have been ecstatic for such a limited run set.

Has anyone heard if they're going to be resin or plastic?

2. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    50$ a set ??? Im out , too much cash for just a parts upgrade. I don't need junkions that bad lol

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Then you will just have to wait and see how much Collector(s) go for :D 

At $50 I would rather go the MJ route and get me some fine pieces of art vs a mass produced item. That and I don't buy the wheel shields (already have two) and iirc they go for $15.

Big fan of the sets and I do hope this sells well for him but I am still on board for MJ originals. If you are not a fan it is because you have not seen these little masterpieces in hand. His work is outstanding.

4. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think those that have been waiting months for their orders to be filled should get some extra incentives....I think we deserve it! Right guys?!

5. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do you mean the head piece and ladder/weapon accessories? Soso... because judging by the prices of the Junkion stuff it won't be cheap.

TBH... I agree. Really, MJ's been selling the whole kit for 60ish... sure it takes a while, but you could hand-pick which variant pieces you'd include... AND get it in whatever color you told him to paint it in. Sure the wait's quite long... but I'd say it's worth it. Now here, you have a mass-produced version, no choices on the parts and paint apps, and it costs just about the same???

That said, I wouldn't mind a set... but it's a hard sell for me at the moment.

Shame the first version on pre-order doesn't include the transformable chest/gas tank piece. The sculpt is still nice, but the chest that transforms makes it so that there's less parts lying around should you want to transform it. (Weapons lying around aren't as big a deal to me honestly.)

6. n10zguy

n10zguy Well-Known Member

Not to mention the guy that has now been waiting over a year to get his order filled... yeah, that would be me.

7. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    while i have some of MJ's kits, I think more was bit off than one can chew with this kit. The fact ppl are waiting months to a yr is just unacceptbale and i would be pissed if i got a mass produced kit and no the one originally paid for.

i really hope everyone gets their kits and something should be done for those that waited forever.

and i think the price for this is too much, too much for so little. i could understand the price if you still got to choose but i guess you cant.

i would probably just ask for a refund on my original order and if i still wanted one just get this.

8. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I love the kit but at $55 for me it does not work just not enough parts, if it was still a hand casted kid I understand the work going into it but buying a bunch of figures then the kits im at $80-$90 after shipping each junkion for a deluxe size TF.if this was a whole junkion $55 is in his hands right now with paypal lol.

9. Ejack37

Ejack37 Robot in Disguise

News Credits:
    I wish MaidenJapan would weigh in on this and update everyone.

10. thundercatlord

thundercatlord Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I for one, would rather order one of these mass produced sets. I may be paying pretty much the same price for the hand painted ones, but at least I know the mass produced sets are coming in September.... where as if I were to order the hand made ones, who knows how long the wait is now.

11. X Nightmare

X Nightmare Your Worst Nightmare

News Credits:
    So basically MJ either making 160 kits in resin still for 2 online stores or he contracted some one else to make these. This thread is a let down considering we were led to believe MJ was going full 3rd party with a big run and lower end cost for us. The unpainted samples were a give away that these were still resin castings.

12. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    I can tell you that MJ is not making these sets. These run is only 160 sets.

13. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Are they resin still?

14. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    They are made of resin

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  15. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

16. clintfca

clintfca G1 Inspired

News Credits:
    I'm actually in the same boat. A partial order was sent but apparently it got lost in the mail and MJ is aware of it. I guess I knew the lead-times beforehand when I signed up so I'm not in too much of a twist. They'll come when they come.

In other news, I noticed that www.robotkingdom.com has prepared a spot for MJ under their 3rd party sales section. No listings yet but still interesting to note nonetheless.

17. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We need some Dr Wu Junkion heads and weapons for $10 each.

18. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn, and I thought 8 months was a long time.
    Did you add to the order later? Or get a partial order shipped to you?

19. ew1983

ew1983 Well-Known Member

True

No response leads to uncertainty

20. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

For those of you who know, is B-1 the only set? I would assume we'd get at least a set titled A-1 right? Will we get a preorder for the other sets before September or is that all just based on how these sell? From what was said earlier, I assumed there would be a couple of different types but it looks like there is only set b-1 for preorder