Mah berfday halll!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by justinRODimus, Aug 20, 2008.

1. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

sorry for the title, but anyway. today's my birthday and i have a whole bunch of money left from my graduation money (i dunno what to do with the rest. probly save it). but anyway, i figure, it's my birthday so i thought i'd go to target and get whatever the hell i saw. well, i only ended up with an animated soundwave and a movie premium bumblebee (that was suprising, but i just had to get it). i was dissapointed not to see uni. galvatron and acid storm and animated grimlock still eludes me, that target is terribe at stocking stuff, but also included in my birthday haul are SDCC nemesis prime, henkei grimlock and hot rod, and takara collection reissue hot rod :) . those last few are still in the mail though :( . so thats my haul, what d'ya think?!

edit: also, today i went from being a teen kid at heart to being an adult kid at heart. :D 

UPDATE!! PICS OF MY HAUL!

OK, here are some pics of my haul and some funny stories to go with them!

My haul released from their plastic prisons:

[​IMG]

And finally transformed:

First up, Nemesis! He arrived fresh from HTS today. Took em 22 days, but he's here.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And then Soundwave, who turned out to be just mediocre at best.
    [​IMG]

Premium BB: The funny story I mentioned above. I took this awesome pic: [​IMG]
    and then as I tried to put him back in car mode, I ended up screwing up the automorph on his hood
    [​IMG]
    so I'm afraid he's stuck in bot mode forever. He's the first Transformers I have ever broken in my year of collecting.

Now Grimlock. I'm really scared of scratching him because of all his chrome.
    [​IMG]

And my favorite out of my haul: HOT ROD!!!

[​IMG]

And here's the gang transformed

[​IMG]

ANOTHER UPDATE (AND ONE MORE TO COME BY NEXT WEEK. then this thread can finally die already)

So looky what just came in the mail :D 

[​IMG]
    Me trying to pose Henkei Hot Rodimus like the box art. Also, camera focusing phail.

[​IMG]
    So pretyyyyyyyy.

[​IMG]
    And with the the rest of my haul (so far)

So what you all think?!

2. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

its a nice haul, post some pics, and happy birthday!

3. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    nice one :D  happy birthday, bro...im guessing u turned 19 or 21? lol
    hows henkei grimlock? im getting nemesis prime on friday if i can find it too...im sure thats a cool figure, right? and im glad u got premium BB :D  i dunno why, he looks very similar to the regular deluxe but ..its premium! :D  btw, wat do u guys think of henkei skyfire compared to hasbro's jetfire? sorry if this is the wrong place to post it, no one replied my post lol, so i can ask u guys for ur opinion at least..i got henkei skyfire, getting it on sat..

4. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm getting the Henkei version because it looks like Skyfire from the show, however if you like the G1 Jetfire Hasbro is the way to go.

5. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    im not really familiar with G1 jetifre lol...and i'd love a cartoon-accurate one..so im getting the henkei too.well, its already too late,i won it on ebay :D  but i think ive made a good choice...sorry justin, comments back on the birthday haul!

6. justinRODimus

im 18 today premium bb seems similar because its essentially the same toy but opening this one just brought back all those memories from last summer :) . it was also special because i thought it had long been off shelves, i feel like today is a really lucky day. i really wish i had pics but i wanted to wait until i had all my figs because just the two i got from the store wouldn't seem too impressive. i dunno how long that'll take though. lets just say, pics too come hopefully soon.

7. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    he'll look quite a bit different in robot mode, i'd say..the black is replaced by a lot of grey.and the head is different...im sure u know that already though...how'd u like animated soundwave? its a funny figure, imo...i love laserbeak transforming into the guitar, but soundwave is a bit boxy..and my one's legs are a bit loose, so he's not too steady with laserbeak on his arm...so i pose him playing his guitar :D  very nice figure overall, i'd say though

8. justinRODimus

i use the rockin guitar pose, too! i was happy to find my soundwave's legs weren't too loose, i know that had been a widespread problem from the reviews. i'm happy with premium bb moreso because of his posability, my original was really floppy and hard to pose. i dunno about the head though, it's neat but also kinda small for the body. eh, anyway i'm satisfied!

9. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice grab here is a comparison pic:

G1 Jetfire (the toy): [​IMG]

G1 Skyfire (the character in the show):
    [​IMG]

10. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    thanks ^^ im glad im getting henkei :D  but i'd love to have that G1 too, though..probably would cost a bomb

11. mat`amit

mat`amit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but g1 jetfire's mold is the same as the the anime robotech valkyrie mech mold.

12. justinRODimus

YAY FOR MY THREAD BEING TURNED INTO A SKYFIRE DISCUSSION!!!!! srsly though, pls? i don't even like sky/fire and i'm really depressed because mah berfday just ended.

13. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    glad u like em both :D 

14. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    ah, i know wat that feels like lol....and sorry about the skyfire thing...lol

15. justinRODimus

Updated with pics!!!!

16. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

very cool dude. very cool

17. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

congrats again on the haul and glad you freed them from their plastic prisons! :thumbs2: 

18. newguy

newguy i

Sweet. I thin sdcc Nemesis Prime is the best. I ordered him but he isnt here yet

19. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    nice, i got nemesis too, he's awesome...ur pics are better than mine lol..wat camera are u using? looks kinda professional :D 

how do u like grimlock? henkei , i mean..i hear he's got a LOT of chrome, and some say it doesnt look good, wat do u think? i also love henkei hotrod...does urs have that funny smell? on hotrod,i find it mostly on the tail bit, the gold part

20. justinRODimus

it took him so long to arrive, i had kinda lost interest in him. when i got him, i was reluctant to open him, i thought about reselling him either here or on ebay but i opened him and i'm pretty happy.