Heavy/Scratch: magnus armor wip

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by shinobi77, Jul 8, 2009.

1. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    okay, I know that the CC armor is out there, but, I'm afraid I hafta say its not my bag baby. I am getting, or trying to, get the DIA commander set, for ginrai armor, but, its just not magnus to me.

That being said, I started this because I was attempting to make armor out of pre-existing bots and parts and such, and well, it just wasn't coming out like I wanted, and with the amount of work things were needing, that it would just be better to scratch build armor for him.

So the other day, while I was talking to a friend of mine, who I named a turtle after, I did an EXTREMELY rough draft using paint. More for a bookmark reminder of how I want to do this.

Now, you'll see where I have scattorshot guns put on there, I just have this thing that magnus really needs something to set him apart from the others, and Calliope Missiles like that just make it that way, so I'm hoping to incorporate them into the final build.

The bottom frame is going to be much like a "Low Boy" sort of part to be able to containerize some of the bot kibble, like head and chest, and gun storage.

so now, without further ado

[​IMG]

This second part is the "breakdown" of sorts on how I'd like him to be transformed, mind you, many things will be tweaked along the way, so here's hoping my idea will work.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    looking forward to your take on this one.

3. cowclone

cowclone I am lost..were am I?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    mmm looks cool ...I'm HOOKED!!!!!!!!

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    One of the things I'll have the fondest memories of with my buddy here is our many discussions of wanting a really nice set of MP Magnus armor over the years (it's hard to believe it's been years!). With this in mind, I am continually anxious to see any progress you make, man :thumb 

5. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

looks interesting...............:popcorn 

6. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    armor revisited, help,opinion needed

I would like some input, I'm having a hard time deciding which way to go.

What I'm having problems with, is how should I present Ultra Magnus' Armor.

Is it just that, Armor, meaning its just some extra bits of steel/weapons that are basically bolted on, but have no additional properties except for defense? Without the inner bot controlling, would be basically useless.
    G1 Jetfires armor would be closest to this, though his armor did give him some extra offensive capabilities, and the rocket pack.

Or is Ultra Magnus, powered armor. Meaning, that it's extra bits that enhance the 'bots capabilities, a bit more strength, more offensive weapons, better targeting.
    RiD Prime would be closest to this, with the wrap around gauntlets and such.
    also, Aliens (2) power loader would be a good one, or the matrix gunner suits. The armor is basically augementing movements of the inner person/bot.

or, is Ultra Magnus trailer/armor a powered suit? not exactly sure what to call this sort of category. But would be something that is just basically mind controlled, meaning, the suit itself does all the work, the inner bot just is along for the ride. Sort of like godmasters, or even energon omega prime. Where the outer suit could have its own AI, or even its own personality itself. The inner being uses its thoughts, and adds its initial power to activate it. Folds up to take the least amount of space..... If that makes sense......
    This is what I consider G1 magnus the way the toy is.

Anyways, any thoughts, comments, ideas would be appreciated.

7. wwoptimusprime

wwoptimusprime Till all are one

Id go with the power suit version. Its definetly more G1 style. hope this comes out great.