Magnifying an Ebay Picture Help

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by transmetropolitan, Jan 16, 2008.

1. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

I'm taking advantage of ebays 20 cent listing day and putting up a bunch of coins. How do you go about creating a listing with a picture that you can click on to make bigger? I've tried the basic and standard uploader. It uploads the full file but only shows a 400x300 image. Do I need to use a self hosted url, like photbucket?

2. teepo112

teepo112 Well-Known Member

You should use the free picture upload, then upload your pictures to photobucket and link them using HTML. DOn't give feebay anymore $

3. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I never use this option myself, but eBay provides something that enlarges the pictures by selecting the Gallery Plus ($0.75) option. This may be what you want.

Otherwise, do what teepo suggests. Photobucket provides the HTML code, so once you've uploaded the picture so you can copy 'n paste that into your auction. Doing it this way you can drop as many code snippets you need for as many pictures you want in the auction for free. I also suggest putting in the first free picture uploaded to eBay like you've been doing so that little camera icon shows up in the eBay listings, indicating you have pictures in your auction.

4. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks to the above. I'm beat. Just listed 50 items.

Ended up uploading one(main) picture through ebays image service and then posting links to the other photos within description, hosted by photoshack. The max size for them is 1000x700. Wish was bigger. Sorta sucks uploading twice. Once to computer, then to photoshack.