Magazine article on movie Bumblebee car

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by NotFastEnuff, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    I just got the Noverember issue of Hot Rod magazine. On the cover is the '09 Camaro the is being used for Bumblebee in the movie. The article is mostly stuff that would just interest car people, but I thought I mention it. It shows and goes into detail about the cars being built, seeing as the new Camaro isn't in production yet. It also tells about how GM became involved with the movie, and that Brawl is NOT a Mustang. Ford didn't want to have their car as the "bad guy" with the "good guy" being a Camaro, so they got a Saleen S281 (which for the record is a redone Mustang) and got Saleen's permission to use it. Slick little trick on the part of the movie folks. Just thought I'd pass this along.

You should be able to check out some of it on their website, but it's not been updated to the new issue yet. It's www.hotrod.com

2. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Scan some pics..

3. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

According to http://www.hotrod.com/toc/thismonth/, that's not a Camaro:

On the Cover: Randy Lorentzen glued his Canon to Steve Sclimenti's legit Boss 302 at Willow Springs Raceway for this month's cover. Westech's Steve Brule snapped the Pontiac 400 at rest.

4. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Becoming vintage, day by day

Could be because that's the 'October' cover and the one with the supposed Camaro is 'November'.

5. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.