MAG

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Angelwave, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Has anyone tried out the beta yet? It's kinda interesting.

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    its cool, kind of hard to play actually.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the beta, but I have the Modnation Racer one and it's over in a few days, so I want to play the hell outta that first. Besides, I don't need anymore temptation.

4. megatron10824

megatron10824 taghdhjk

I played it been having alot of fun

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Game is painfully, PAINFULLY mediocre.

No idea why I was hyped for it prior to going into the beta the last time it was running. No idea what the hell what I was expecting, but it sure as hell wasn't what I got.

Really, the only thing it does to stand out is have a large player count, and even then that isn't exclusive to it, and there are other games with larger counts anyways (and that's not counting just MMOs). It's just another generic shooter, reminds me waaaay too much of CoD.

It's not a bad game, but it ain't somethin' to cream yourself over. Just another run-of-the-mill, likely to be forgotten in the coming months shooter.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh my friends have been having a blast with it, and they find it awesome, especially when things start to get heated, and the clan thing and on-going war seem cool, I simply do not have time to devote to multiplayer like that.

7. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    It will have to be seen if this will stand the test of time against other upcoming titles like Battlefield Bad Company 2. I hope it does succeed however due to the fact that it looks like it could have potential.

8. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I seen the demo last night on PSN but didn't DL thinking that it would be a tough game. Is it a really tough hard game to play?

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's BIG, which is what makes it challenging. It's not really the running around the map, every man for himself thing. Coordination is keen, so it might require a bit more thought, which is not for me, lol, but more power to those who like that kinda stuff.

10. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    THIS!!! lol, I kept on running out by myself and getting blasted. This for sure isn't like MW2. I can survive all by myself with a shotgun and knife.

11. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    So, something like this?

[​IMG]

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's cool, but that sounds like almost any FPS I have played during the first few playthroughs. Hell that was me in Uncharted 2 the first times around and that game is only 8 players. Those people who really get that you need to stick together as a massive team will enjoy this. I'll pass because I don't know the meaning of the word team, but that doesn't mean the game is crap, it just means my team-tactics suck.

13. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    You have to play MAG smartly. But since this is online gaming we are talking about it is only good in theory. With both the shite communites of Halo 3 and COD6 this aint going to work well.

I guarrentee it will be played for like 2 months and then totally forgotten about as gamers move on to something else.

14. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Had to make a little fix there for ya.

Online communities (as far as in-game goes) for PC games tend to be much much better on the whole.

Two months? You're being generous.

I'm surprised Uncharted 2's online community is doing as decently as it is, I expected it to be dead by now. Glad I can still find a game when I want to.

15. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I have a huge problem with the PC communities though, they tend not to actually buy the games they play, yet have the balls to complain about the games they steal and they glitch and mod a lot resulting in very unbalanced gameplay.

I'm suprised too about Uncharted 2's muliplayer, I suppose its quite refreshing really that a game like it still has a mutliplayer fanbase.

16. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

I played it for about an hour this afternoon and completely enjoyed the experience. My biggest negative was taking a second to differentiate between teammates and foes; the names and icons are so small sometimes it's really hard to tell. I liked the graphics, the game mechanics seemed smooth, and honestly didn't experience any lag at all, and I have a crap connection. I'll definitely be giving it a go 'round once it is fully released.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  17. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

im liking it.

shame Prowl is passing it.

the icons and text are way too small.

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't speak for competative, but the coop stuff is fun with buddies and they are supposed to be adding new coop missions.

19. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

its a big load of.............KICKASS!!!!
    its just annoying when u spawn run for ages then get sniped by someone u cant even see.

20. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    I was in the initial beta and I loved it. I like the fat you can use your rank points to upgrade weapons. Took me a bit to figure it out. I didnt have a manual and I was new to FPS. But once I saw that and upgraded my weapons I was set. I was on the Raven side. Their equipment was just badass. First day buy for me.