Madonna's Adopted Baby...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tikgnat, Nov 4, 2006.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    What are your thoughts?

These are mine. She should take the baby back to Malawi, and give him back. I mean, all the grief she's been getting, surely its not worth it.

Then, she should go to Cambodia, and adopt one of their children, Angelina Jolie's done it, so it should be a piece of piss.

Then, in 18 years or so, Madonna should go back to Malawi and look up her former prospective child. She should present her new Cambodian Adoptee, and say, 'look, this is the life you could have had, if it wasn't for THEM.'

Then Madonna should sit back and watch with glee the now 19 year old hulks out and kills all the people that ruined his life.

His name's David Banda after all, it is his destiny.

I thank you. ;) 

2. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I feel sorry for celebrity kids. most are just bought or what ever then raised by nannies.

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Yeah, Madonna got tons of shit for doing something to help a child. I don't get the backlash either.

4. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    She can’t do that BECAUSE Angelina Jolie already has. Getting a baby from the same county would be like showing up on the red carpet wearing the same dress. So embarrassing.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    My thoughts are that I couldn't give a crap what some overpaid attention whore does with their money to gain publicity.

6. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Guess she and Jolie can start their own child version of the UN in a few years.. Now lets see. We got Africa covered, we got Asia, We got US baby, now we need Russia, Europe, Middle East, and South America then they are all set..

7. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You know what she needs to do?

Get it the fuck off my TV, 'cause I couldn't care one way or the other.

8. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

My thoughts? Don't fracking care for celebs, that's their problem.

9. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    First I've heard of it.

Turn off your tv's people. The internet is on.

10. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unlike a lot of these celebrity adoptions the kid isn't an orphan, so if Madonna really wanted to make a difference, she'd leave the child with his family in Malawi and send enough money to allow the child and his family to live in comfort. Or, hell, rather than investing in just one child, why not a standing yearly donation to the orphanage? That would help more than one kid and last for a longer period of time. The way she's going about this now is doing some minor good, but the motivation is only to be part of the fashionable 'celebrity foreign baby adoption' trend, making the kid little more than an accessory (like an iPod or something). I've got nothing against celebrities reaching out to help others, but it would be nice if they'd think of the logical way to do the most good with their time/money, rather than what looks trendy at the moment.

11. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I feel sorry for the kid Paris Hilton ends up adopting. Foreign babies are the new "chihuahua on the arm"!

12. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I have gotten in to many arguments over this already, but here are my thoughts:

She should not have done it. American celebrities should really try and stop trying to save the world by adopting children from a third world country, especially if it wasn't an orphan (but I thought I heard the dad was in jail and the mom was dead:confused: )
    They should take some money from last big movie or recording deal that they inked and not pay for 3 nannies to take care of it and instead support the entire village. The money that they spend on clothes for a year could likely ensure that all the children in the village had decent lives.
    The other thing that these Celebes should do is take a long, hard look at there own country and try to help out there. The last time I checked the US still had its fair share of children in need, but I guess it is not hip to help an American kid...

This just gives me another reason to hate celebrities...

13. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

Madonna = Whore

14. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know what to say to this.

You talk about the baby like it's a pet or something. That's a child, a living human being. Madonna, for reasons that may or may not be a little selfish, is trying to give the child a better life in her care than he'd have in his homeland. And you say she should return him and replace him with another child from a more popular country because of the bad press she'd getting?

To put it bluntly, WTF is wrong with you?

Yeah, that's it -- throw money at them. She'll just set this one child and his father up in an apartment somewhere in the capital city, find him a janitorial job, send the kid to private school, and expect that somehow he'll just magically find the love and attention he actually needs to grow up healthy and well-adjusted.

Here, let's look at a few choice quotes from Wikipedia's entry on "Malawi", shall we?

Some tension exists between generations due to the influence of Western culture among the youth. Many people feel that Western influence threatens traditional ways of life. Material possessions are few but well cared for. Bicycles are prized, and it is quite an achievement to own a car.

In Malawian society, the family is considered a person's greatest asset. Parents fondly refer to children as “Firstborn,” “Secondborn,” and so on. Society is group oriented; individuals sacrifice their interests for the good of the family or community. They expect to share their incomes with poorer family members.​

So, if Madonna just sent them money, we could expect that (a) they'd be shunned for being indebted to a Western pop star for their lifestyle, or (b) they'll be expected to share any money they actually get with other relatives who need it just as badly. You can see how this would completely and utterly fail to improve their lifestyle in the way you're imagining.

She wants to help one kid from a foreign country have a better life. Believe it or not, it's often better to spend a lot of time and attention on one kid than to spend a little time and money on hundreds of them.

For what it's worth, I think Madonna failed to really think this whole thing through, but not for the reasons any of you have. The problem is that Madonna is almost fifty years old, which means that when her child is dealing with adolescence and high school, she'll be in her early and mid-sixties. Can you imagine dealing with the raging adolescence of a child with a severe outsider's complex at an age when most people are retiring to the South? And while I don't doubt she'll be able to afford his college education when she's turning seventy, I'm not sure she'll be up for being actively involved.

15. trukkerdaddie

trukkerdaddie trukkerdaddie

do ask this guy

Since your following the news, I recommend you not take Rev. T Haggards opinion. He's into boys so Madonna better keep her kid away from this wack job.

[​IMG]

16. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I don't see what Haggard has to do with this.

17. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I don't even know what the hell any of you kids are on about...mus' be gettin' too old.

So, she adopted some African kid? And there was a backlash?

*goes to do something even minutely productive...such as have a bowel movement*

18. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think it's that, if anything she tried to downplay it, THE EVIL MEDIA (haha it sounds cliche but eh it's true imo) turned it into the big thing that it was. She pretty much has no need to even be an attention whore as she's long been to the point where she can't really do anything without media being all over it anyway. She was already riding high off of a really successful album and tour, she had no need for any extra attention. It doesn't make sense really. I honestly think this was a good thing turned afoul externally.

I think she genuinely was trying to do a thing. Then again I'm a fan of hers so maybe I'm just a sheep, but I don't know, I just don't buy any of the negative shit she got for it.

It's pretty interesting to me that a thing like adopting a child and giving them a chance for a better life can be turned around into something criminal. All the "CELEBRITY CELEBRITY BLAHHHHH" comments...fuck that. If it was just some nameless person I doubt there'd be so many people with a negative view about it.

19. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Nothing is wrong with me... if you catch the smiley at the end of my intial post it sort of indicates that I'm making a joke, I find the negative press Madonna gets for doing something nice disgusting, and so the punchline of said joke is that the kid has a name similar to David Banner (David Banna?) who happens to be the Incredible Hulk in the TV series played by the late Bill Bixby.

This is the internet after all, a sense of humour goes a long way.

Also, Madonna has actually invested lots of money into a centre for educating and helping orphans in Malawi, and that taking an orphan/child is just something extra she's doing.

http://www.skymovies.com/showbiz/article/0,,50001-1229739,00.html

'The Queen of Pop is doing her bit for humanitarian causes by opening a centre for orphans in Africa.

Madge is investing $3m to help children in poverty-stricken Malawi.

The Malawi centre - described as "a day camp for orphans" - will provide food and education to some 1,000 children.'

20. rattrap007

News Credits:
    I think it is the press that is the problem.. as well as the idiots that eat that crap up. Honestly does it really matter that Brad Pitt is dating Jolie or some crap like that. Or they are moving in together or getting married? Does that really make that big of an impact on ordinary people's lives? All I care about or think is remotely newsworthy is things like Abe Vigoda dying or Bob Barker Retiring. That or something like some music artist is working on their next album or signed on to be in a movie. Their private lives should be just that. PRIVATE. I could care less about someone adopting a foreign baby. It is the MEDIA who cram it down our throats day after day after day. The media really needs to revamp how and what they report. All they report now is bad news, celebrity gossip, etc. It is trash TV. What about all the positive works our troops are doing in Iraq? Nope you never hear about that. A soldier stubs his toe or gets a flesh wound and you hear about that till the cows come home, but never anything positive.

Also I'm white and I am sick to death on every time some young white girl or woman goes missing they plaster it all over the news. Yet if they are a minority you hear jack squat. I could go more on a rant about crap like this but it would get highly political...