Madman Transformers Complete DVD Collections

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by 0ptimus__Prime, May 1, 2009.

1. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Didn't see this posted yet....

While this will not interest those who already own every Transformers series on DVD, it is good news for those fans who want to collect the Transformers series on DVD, but are yet to do so.

Just in time for the release of the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen live action film, our good friends Madman Entertainment will be releasing "Complete Collections" for three classic Transformers Series this June.

First up is the re-release of the sold out Transformers Generation 1 Complete Collection. This set contains all of the same goodies as the original release, but this time comes packed in a Decepticon themed tin, and at a lower price. The special features and additional extra's include:
    - 16 page booklet: Containing exclusive comic by Simon Furman
    - Interviews: With key figures from Transformer's 25 year history
    - Animated Public Service Announcements
    - Historical trailers and Television commercials
    - Scripts & storyboards
    - Interview and commentary: With Voice Director Wally Burr

The Transformers Generation 1 Complete Collection runs for over 2500 minutes over 17 discs will retail for AU$99.95, and be available from the 24th of June 2009. The collection is a Region 4 set only, so you will need a region free player to watch the collection.

Also being released by Madman on the 24th of June 2009 is the Japanese Generation 1 Complete Collection, which gather the three Japanese Generation 1 cartoons: Headmasters, Super God Masterforce and Victory, as well as the single episode of Zone in a 13 disc, 110 episode collection. Special features include:
    - Introductory Booklets with Episode Guides
    - Toy, Tech Spec and Character Art Galleries
    - Japanese Toy Ads and Catalogues
    - DVD ROM Content - The Story Continued in Manga

The Japanese Generation 1 Complete Collection has a runtime of 2425, and is a REGION FREE DVD collection, available to play on any DVD player. The Japanese G1 Complete Collection will also retail for AU$99.95.

The Transformers Beast Wars Complete Collection collects all 3 seasons of the Beast Wars series together in a 10 disc 52 episode set. The Beast Wars Collection special features include:
    - World Exclusive Creator Commentaries and interviews: Cast and crew including Story editors, voice actors, writers, directors and animators
    - Episode guide booklets with comic inserts and essays
    - Character profiles, Toy Galleries and Commercials (including galleries from Seibertron.com)
    - Deleted Scenes, Outtakes, Animatics and 3D Test shots
    - Making of BEAST WARS documentary
    - David Kaye (Megatron) and Garry Chalk (Optimus) Convention Panels

The Transformers Beast Wars Complete Collection is also slated for a June 24th release, and will also retail for AU$99.95. This set is a Region 4 set only, so you will need a region free player to watch the collection.

And finally, the Blu Ray edition of the original 1986 Transformers the Animated Movie will be released in Australia on June 24th 2009, special features include:
    - Remastered High Definition Transfer
    - "Scramble City" movie tie-in bonus episode
    - Interview with Story Consultant Flint Dille
    - Q&A with voice of Optimus, Peter Cullen
    - 80's toy TVCs, TV spots and theatrical trailer
    - The Touch film-clip (by Stan Bush)
    - Character, voice-actor and musician biographies
    - Bonus episode of TRANSFORMERS: BEAST WARS

Transformers the Animated Movie on Blu Ray will retail for AU$34.95.

If you are interested in either of the Region 4 sets, but are uncertain as to how you can play the, click here to see Ryan's thread about making your DVD region free.

For more information concerning these products, head on over to the Madman Transformers website by clicking here.

2. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Good news for Fit for Natalie and his down under chums. :D 

3. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I might be tempted to import the japanese G1 set, any news on English Subtitles/Audio for this set?

4. 0ptimus__Prime

News Credits:
    ^

I don't know, hopefully there will be.

5. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks Fort Max

6. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    even though i own all three seasons of beast wars im still getting that complete collection for all the extra goodies and just cause i love the show so much.

7. 0ptimus__Prime

News Credits:
    Yeah, it was a really good show.

8. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's presumably the same as Madman's previous release of the individual series, so that would mean English subs on all three, and StarTV dub audio on all of Headmasters, all of Victory and select episodes of Masterforce.

(On a more self-centred note, I wonder if the Blu-Ray edtion of the movie includes the commentary I recorded for the UK release. Madman used it on their regular DVD edition, so I'm told.)

9. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Madman Beast Wars sets are excellent, although I think one or two of the audio commentaries in season 1 are pretty poorly recorded, but the rest of the sets is ace. Infinitely better than the Rhino releases.

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I already own the previous versions, except for the Japanese G1 stuff *hint hint*

Assuming these are simply released versions of DVDs they released in the past, Madman's Japanese G1 sets are slightly modified versions of the ones Metrodome released in the UK. The major difference that I know of is that they lack our own Chris McFeely's audio commentaries, and Masterforce has that bad english dub as an audio option.

As I recall, Headmasters, and Victory had both original Japanese audio tracks with subtitles and the bad english dub tracks. Masterforce had Japanese audio with subs on all episodes, and english dub on some episodes.

I bought Season 2 first, and I thought they recorded the audio commentary via Ben Yee driving Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio down the freeway.

As somebody said on the wiki's Madman article, Madman couldn't be more aussie - dodgy, but enthusiastic.