Madman Entertainment Brings Transformers Prime to DVD in Australia

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
  2. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    So when's that UK release?

3. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Dude, I do seriously wish I knew. Fingers crossed for an actual season set and not individual disks of 3-5 episodes though.

4. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    We could just import the Shout! or Madman DVDs. It's an option.

5. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Totally, though my feeling is, a show like this, I'm going to want it on Blu-Ray. Guess I can afford to double dip though :) 

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That's cool.

7. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    dosent really matter! cause now you can download it on Itunes! for the same price!

8. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I may support this series by buying the season one DVD. I'll see how the rest of season two goes first though. Although, I guess I'll have no choice since it won't be released for a while.

9. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd much rather own it on Blu-ray.

10. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Fingers crossed they also do a Blu-Ray of TFP.

11. Hot n Spicy

Hot n Spicy Well-Known Member

It's nice that Prime is getting released here in Aus, but I'm going to keep importing the Shout! versions. I used to buy tons of Madman DVDs, but their quality control is absolutely abysmal.

I have Madman DVDs that have entire episodes unwatchable, and others that have the DVD freak out at a certain point and either freeze the entire player or skip ahead 30 seconds, depending on the player. Still others have sudden gigantic bursts of static in the audio. None of these problems were fixed by Madman.

12. Some_Gamer_Dude

Some_Gamer_Dude Member

13. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

Well that fixes any questions I had to ask about this; great news!

14. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Yup! That so totally makes me happy to know that we're getting the blurays instead of just the dvds in crappy volumes. Here's hoping that we'll be getting bonus features. Heh, for some reason I'm hoping that someone calls Peter Cullen during the commentary of "Convoy" like what happened with Gary Chalk during "Beast Wars, Part 2."

But, knowing that's not gonna happen, I'm just dreaming fantasies again. :D 

15. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    I have Madman's entire G1 collection & their Headmasters/Masterforce/Victory sets & all my dvd's are perfectly fine. Maybe you just got unlucky? :confused: 

Anyway, What really has me psyched from this news are the possibilities that may come up in the future. A dvd release of BW II & BW Neo? fingers crossed... :wink: 

16. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    A lot of posts are saying how good it is that we don't get volumes. WTF? If you go to the Madman site and look under kids/coming soon the BlueRays of Prime are in volumes.

17. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Wrong, mate. Look again. It says DVD, not bluray.

18. Hot n Spicy

Hot n Spicy Well-Known Member

I don't have any of those releases. Hopefully their QC has gotten better, I haven't been following them for years. It used to be so bad that a member of the Madboards kept a massive database of disc issues called the Glitch List, and whether they've been fixed or not. The list got pretty astronomical, but it looks like he doesn't maintain it anymore.

19. TCJJ

TCJJ 103% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    They're releasing it in New Zealand as well, thanks...

That being said, pre-orders so far are for a DVD of Darkness Rising. Ugh. I'm already annoyed that they only licensed Gundam Unicorn for DVD release, but this is just getting irritating. I know that there are costs involved and it's not the most profitable business in the world, but still...

As for iTunes, New Zealand doesn't even have TV Shows on iTunes. We have movies but meh, there are three video rental stores all nearby here and they're cheaper.

I thought about importing Prime on Blu-Ray from the US, but I don't know if it is region-locked or not. A lot of Blu-Rays tend to be region-free, but sometimes they are region-locked. I'd rather not spend that much money just to find that I can't play it since it's region A and I'm using a region B player. Amazon is no help, since it says region 1 NTSC (which it can't be since it's a Blu-Ray set, not DVD).

EDIT: Guess I should read the second page first. Crisis averted. Although importing would still probably be cheaper than the crazy prices we have to pay over here...... Oh well, gotta think of the industry. If I want my anime and... well, Transformers, I'll have to deal with the high prices.

I don't have any Madman Transformers DVDs yet, actually. I'm going to buy the G1 Japanese collection soon, and I see that they have G1 Remastered coming up on DVD, which I assume must be the Shout! Factory ones licensed for Oz/NZ. Hopefully they have a complete collection later on, because I heard the quality of the complete G1 collection was pretty average, and that the soundtrack was a mixture of original and Rhino. All my other Madman DVDs and Blu-Rays are perfectly fine. Madman's releases are nice, although sometimes they jump the gun. I wish they could have got ALL of the dubs for Masterforce, for example, rather than just some (although let's be honest, those dubs are HORRIBLE).

It'd be like them to go after things like Beast Wars II/Neo (even though Neo isn't on DVD in Japan yet...), though. Beast Wars II. On DVD in Japan. Come on, someone make it happen. I want that on DVD. Now.
    I mean, they got the complete Japanese G1 collection out with a fantastic slew of extras (Zone, all the Japanese manga to follow up, the horrible dubs, etc), and I don't believe the US has had any of those until Shout! Factory came along to do them recently.