Madden 10

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Wingsbr, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    searched around and didn't see a thread so. if there is one, please close and lock this one.

played this evening and it's pretty polished. after warming up I hit up the online play where I handed a beatdown in my first match...then he disconnected and I get a loss and dnf of 100%? SERIOUSLY?? are we not at a point where a server can tell who disconnected and who didn't.

anyways if anyone else picked it up on ps3 hit me up with your id and will play sometime

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not to familiar with madden online play, but on NCAA 10, if the opponent quits you have to keep playing against the computer to receive a victory.

oh and look me up! i'm trojantx but go easy on me lol. I haven't touched Madden in years.

3. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got it but not ready for online yet. I like the slow speed setting.

4. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I grabbed it for 360. I don't think I'll get a single achievement for it. Pretty casual (at best) football watcher so I play on Rookie and let the game pick my plays. I did get a message as I was beating Oakland - EA Sports: Quit scoring or you'll break the game.

I'm going to turn it up to Pro later and try picking my own plays. I wish I could set Defense to auto pick and offense to manual though. Also the animation still seems off to me, something I've never like about Madden games.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just played 2 games online as the Bears...

Game 1 Against Atlanta.... I completely threw the game away. 2 interceptions turned into Touchdowns for them.... Final Score, 10 14..... I shut them out on Defense..... CUTLER!!! AAAAHHHHHH sucks losing the first game

Game 2 Vs Colts... 1 Turn over via fumble, however I shut them out! Final score 13-0 I win! Guy was kinda weird, he quit the game with 10 seconds left.

Defenses

i've noticed that I can't play the same defense plays on this game like I did on NCAA 10. As USC, I would select the 3-3-5 and blitz 8, leaving my corners and Safety alone. Worked great as USC... not so much as the Bears lol.

Also, man are the Bears corners slow. To mix things up, I used to select the Dime defense (As USC mind you), Blitz both Corners and i'd usually get a Sack. In Madden.... Nothing, my players take HOURS to get there.

Offense

has anyone noticed... I believe the play is under Normal but when I try to throw the ball to my tight end on the right side, the ball just goes straight for the dirt. I don't get it.... I played 2 games as the steelers and 1 game as the jets... same problem. I held the button down, tapped it.. same result.

6. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Haven't seen that yet and I'm a Steelers fan and user. I've been fan of them for year. And Polamalu and that D is beastly in this game. I enjoy playing on Pro/All Pro on the slow setting. I'm trying to find a balance for the times for each quarter so when I start my franchise I can get realistic stats. But man the Steelers Oline is garbage just like real life. I still can' t believe they won the Superbowl.

7. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like they are trying to sell lots of stuff that should be free. The Marketplace is chock full of stuff.

8. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Its an EA game, its what they do. Especially for the sports titles. People must be buying it for them to keep throwing it up there.

Its become the modern day cheat code. Codemasters did, maybe still does, something similar. Thier games are given a random number ID that you have to make a pay call to get unlock cheats.

I failed going up a difficulty level. I could never seem to get my recievers open or as soon as I threw the ball 4 people would be covering them. I did ok running the ball but not good enough to get any where. I'm going to have to adjust the sliders to make the game fun but still give me a challenge. I don't want to win every game but balls did I not even make it into field goal range. Also fuck the cpu for doing the camera fake. Its tripped me up a few times but Ive yet to fall for it.

9. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    I used to be hard core but I just play for fun. I'll probably just play on Pro for a bit and then go up to all pro. I can' t get any sacks or pressure on all pro. And the Steelers oline is garbage. I can't run.

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm really not happy with the way they went with the Wii's version's graphics this year. I hear "redone character models from the ground up" I want to see models that actually look like they should for a console as powerful as the Wii actually is. Instead, we get a bunch of crap that I like less than the old stuff.

11. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

I used to buy Madden when they come out, but since I always have too many games and not enough time I was never good with them. I'd get Madden 10, but I think I'll get Madden 09 instead since I didn't buy it last year, and 09 edition should be cheap right now. I'll download the new rosters (hopefully), if not I'll play through it anyway.

12. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wipe my ass with Madden and EA's cookie cutter yearly releases.

13. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I was in a wedding last week "best man" made my speech and did anything I could to help out. Well to make a long story short the groom just got back from honeymooning and well he got me a gift, Madden 10 so I thanked him. Now I got another Madden game, given my last one was 07. Thought about taking it to Gamestop and trading it for something else but that wouldn't be very nice and he also talked about getting himself a copy so we can play.

.... So anyone up for a little Madden 10? Oh, I suck by the way.

14. MattPoole52

MattPoole52 Well-Known Member

inb4"Epic Thread Revival, Dude!"

But, I piked this up dirt cheap yesterday, anyone up for some games next week?

15. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    I'll add you and we can play some MW2 and Madden.

SonICONvoY PSN

16. MattPoole52

MattPoole52 Well-Known Member

Alrigh man, I most likely wont be able to play til this weekend, Ill be looking forward to it.