Madden 09 = not impressed

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Moonstreaker, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Yeah it looks pretty, but the game play is meh. The game play in Madden has declined the past two years, IMO. Don't worry, I know I'm in the minority on this one. But I'm just not feeling it.

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    maybe im old fashioned, but i havent gotten into the current gen sports games cuz they've just gotten way too complex for me

all these buttons that do a billion things and can change plays and routes and all this stuff that i would never mean to do [cuz i dont get it]

all i wanna do is hike the ball and do the play i picked.

i dunno. too much glitz and pretty buttons to press these days as far as im concerned. the last football game i played was NCAA '05

[kinda same goes for basketball games too. havent played since nba live 06. both on the regular xbox]

those games were fun. werent too complicated. i just want something like that but with next gen graphics...then i'd be playin all the time

*shrug*

rant over ;P

3. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I still dont get why there has been such a hype about this game. Glad to hear its not living up to it.

4. blitzwingfan94

blitzwingfan94 Vikings are the bomb!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got it for the Ps2 hoping for all the new cool features like Chris Collinsworth, the touchdown celebrations, and the heavy snow. Turns out PS2 didn't get jack! I was so pissed that I took all my PS2 games, the system, controllers, and some other stuff and I am going to trade them in tomorrow to get a PS3 with Madden. So hyped about it!

5. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    I enjoy Madden '99 the most, because it's not all complex and simulated like the current ones

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i want to get the Wii version but i want to see how it compares to the others first.

7. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last Madden I purchased was '06 I will be skipping this one as well. I miss 2K football.:( 

8. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ This.

However I did buy Madden 09 and enjoy it. I have started off on the easiest difficulty possible until I get used to the play controls and style. I've already increased the difficulty up a notch.

It's fun and has alot of depth, but I think I would have to agree that I prefer the arcade style football to the simulation. But so far I am having quite a bit of fun. We will see how long that lasts.

9. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I'm with you guys. And I'm glad you brought up NCAA '05, because Madden & NCAA '05 are my favorite football games ever. There is a great balance of realism and video game feel. Starting to warm to it a little bit, but it's still more frustrating than fun at this point.

Got news for you...Collinsworth is annoying as shit. His commentary is by far the most irritating of any football game ever.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Same here, I still play Tecmo Bowl lol

11. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I highly disagree (opinion)

12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Personally I find the game glitchy as hell!

In my first game playing against my brother-in-law...

I returned an interception for a touchdown...instead of any celebration, my guy just kept running straight through the wall and dissapeared like a ghost...

On the ensuing kickoff he fumbled. I recovered the 22 yeard line, but got called for a personal foul (face mask)....I figure it's no big deal since I still get the ball on the 37 right? WRONG!!! The computer gave HIM the ball...on MY 37!!! If a personal foul is going to cost me 52 yards AND the ball I should get to keep the other guys HEAD!

13. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want new Mutant League. :( 

14. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    It baffles me that with EA's love of driving franchises into the ground that we have yet to see another Mutant League or Road Rash game in FAR too long!

I would have a VERY happy year if developers would just kill off NFL Tour, NBA Ballerz, Spyro, and Crash Bandicoot....instead giving us Mutant League Football, Road Rash, Earthworm Jim, and Colony Wars :) 

15. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    It looks like the same thing as the past few years, I did not bother to get it, myself.

I have 07 (and 08/09 seems similar, looks-wise)

I love NFL 2K5 for XBOX. and it was only $20, as was the other 2K games. Sadly those days are long over :( 

Damn Madden and exclusive rights, what a crock of shite

16. Dreweido

News Credits:
    Well I got the PS3 today along with Metal Gear Solid and Madden 09. It is incredible! Much better than PS2.

17. Dreweido

News Credits:
    ^haha. Sorry my bro again, gotta get him to stop. Ha.

18. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

I think I can post here without waking a zombie thread....

I rented the madden 09 for wii because of the iffy reviews I was reading and I really like it! The controls arent difficult at all and its really fun to play. I like flicking the remote to snap the ball and flicking it forward to pass. to defend with a tackle or swatting at the ball you just shake the wii remote when your close to the guy your defending or trying to sack if your close to the QB. Its probably one of the most user friendly Madden games I've played on any system and am planning on buying it or adding it on the christmas list :) 

19. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

last one i played was '93 on the mega drive. i used to like it when the ambulance would come on the field to pick up the injured guy, but it would run people over en route. much hilarity!

20. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

imagine how awesome that would be with todays graphics :)