MADBALLS! New ones on the shelves, two decades later

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Smokescreen38, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

I still have a bunch of my original Madballs, some of which have detereorated but for some reason, I still treasure those rediculous chunks of foam!

I see that TRU has a few NEW Madballs, still produced by American Greetings (no longer under the "AmToy" name though)... there is a selection of about five including the baseball, the skull guy, the dude with the eyeball hanging, the mono-horned cyclops and the one with the partially exposed cortex...and at least one other that looks like a new mould (a replacement for the blue guy with the grimmace, I guess). There is no mummy nor eyeball guy unfortunately.

Yes, I know their names but I wanted to spare those of you who might be bored or confused by them. ;) 

The sculpts and paint jobs are far inferior to the originals and the designs miss the mark somehow... Looking back, I think the beautiful artwork (no joke) that went into the Cabbage Patch Kids set the bar high for gross-out kid toys... and without that standard, we get junk??

That said, I am interested in picking one or two of them up. Does anyone know where I can find more information? I would love to know if the same folks are working on them, if Marvel will be putting out another comic (Har har har), etc.... these things were a fun part of the childhoods of some of us late 20's/early 30's folks.

2. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

3. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I am in on those!!! I Love that the eyes pop out when squeezed and fill with other eyeballs and spiders and such. Very Cool!!!!! Those bring back good memories. Man I wish I could go back.

4. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

Everything 80s is coming back. I loved Madballs as a kid. Had a complete collection of them and Garbage Pail Kid cards. At some point my Mom disposed of the lot of them though.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    dont need em, ive already got mad balls.

6. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

I remember there was some sort of animated movie made in the 80s about this line. Or maybe just some short cartoon that went straight to VHS.

7. Ravensect

Ravensect Member

8. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

Well, we know ONE character name that won't be returning.

9. Jedah

Jedah Bring me sunshine.. TFW2005 Supporter

Ahhh man i remember those when i was young, i could never find any around here, have to try pick some up for sure this time around.

:lol 

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Hahahaha sweet! I always wanted Madballs as a kid, but my parents didn't like them and never bought them for me.