Mad World (Wii exclusive)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by MegaMoonMan, Mar 11, 2009.

1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I'm surprised there's not a thread for this game yet (that I could find).

It looks amazing, the style of it blows me away. Anybody get it? Thoughts? I'm actually considering buying a new game for my Wii - that hasn't happened in months - check that, YEARS.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  2. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

I actually dislike the style of art used in the making of Mad World so my Wii will continue to remain stagnant.

3. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Looks fantastic. Only problem with the game is it was released too close to RE5. So it's on the backseat for now.

4. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been looking forward to it but I didn't know it was already released actually

The review from ign gave it a 9.0 so it might be interesting to check out actually

5. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    It's a spiritual successor to No More Heroes, which was very good. I'll play Mad World eventually, but I've got no rush to do it.

6. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    I agree that it's quite similar to No More Heroes in many ways, which actually made me a little less interested in the game, because I was hoping for something a little fresher. That said, it still looks nice. I picked up a copy earlier today and played the first few minutes just to see what to expect. So far it was pretty cool. The thing I'm most looking forward to is the commentary. Jack's voice sounds a bit familiar, and IMO doesn't quite mesh with the character's design, but that's pretty much it for my first impression. Oh, and the gameplay is similar to NMH, as expected.

7. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i think that the only real thing it has in common with no more heroes is they're both comically ultraviolent games that use cell shading. that being said, i loved nmh and i want this too. will be buying soon.

8. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    And, as I said in my previous post, the game play (so far at least) is very similar, in that they're both traditional beat-em-ups. You beat a guy and use a finishing move (motion controlled) in both games for example. Madworld allows you to use the environment as a weapon, also, which is a noticeable difference.

Also, the plots are similar...fight through a series of assassins/killers to gain rank and escalating rewards, while a higher power guides you along.

These are the similarities that dulled my excitement, but I think it'll pull them off well enough.

9. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

My first (and so far only) gotta play game for Wii this year!

While the look is unique, the reviews are quite good, and it looks like it will fit well on my shelf next to God Hand and No More Heroes, the main reason I gotta play is it because it's made by Platinum Games!

Formerly known as CLOVER. The dudes who did Viewtiful Joe, God Hand, and Okami. I love their games, they bring unique fun and style to gaming and have yet to disappoint me. I'm pretty much sold on anything they make until further notice and Mad World is no exception (next up, Bayonetta).

10. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    Grr The Conduit Grr

If it's anything like No More Heroes, then I will be playing this for sure.

11. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Grr I don't like 99% of FPS, and while if the Conduit is good I'd try it it's hard for me personally to be psyched for a FPS in general so that's why it's not on my must play list Grr

NMH I love though, can't wait for NMH: DS next year!

12. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i'm more hyped for punch out to be honest, and a boy and his blob looks really interesting. i'll probably end up liking madworld a lot more when i actually play it... i loved viewtiful joe and okami.

13. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Bingo. If RE5 was next Friday, i'd have probably picked this up the other day. But with RE in less than 48 hours, Madworld will have to wait.

14. gil

gil Godmaster

I'll get this game. But not until Spring Break. Games take a back seat to school right now. I still haven't opened Okami for the Wii which I got at christmas. On top of that I'm still in the middle of FF IV, Chrono Trigger, Castlevania: Order, and a bunch more on the DS.

The thing is, I feel obligated to buy this game, only to show that games like this do sell on the Wii. It may turn out like NMH, and we may never see a third party company take the chance again.

Oh yeah, the batteries in the wiimote are dead. For a while actually. I'm in no hurry to get new batteries.

15. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

It looks cool as hell, I love stuff these guys have done in the past, and it seems to be getting good reviews (I generally ignore IGN, but it's getting pretty high marks across the board so far). Maybe a reason to dust off the Wii...

16. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Buy this game. Please.

17. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have not bought a Wii game since Mario Galaxy but just like others have said Resident Evil 5 first please.

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I had a Wii, I would definitely support this game. I almost got a Wii with my return, but I got a new TV instead.

19. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Word. And while you're out there pick up No More Heroes.

:( 

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I'm gonna buy it.

and then I'm gonna rage out in a week or two when tons of idiots talk about how they havent turned their wii on for months. happened with no more heroes, zack and wiki, brawl, even metroid prime 3. good games come out, people talk about not playing their wii for months just a week or so after the game comes out.

people ignoring the quality games on the wii are directly responsible for the wii's lack of good games.

I REFUSE to be part of that problem.

so I will buy it. and I will love it.