Mad Men

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by mineraljane, Jan 27, 2009.

1. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Anyone watch this series? It's buried on AMC, so I never really paid it attention, but it's really a great drama. My girlfriend encouraged (to say the least) me to watch it with her and we finished the first season in a week. (The encouragement was necessary due to my innate distaste for the subject of the show in general.) Really good writing and some interesting characters in a very much underused period of history.

For those, like me, who aren't familiar with the program, it's about an advertising agency on Madison Avenue (NYC) in the 1960s. (Essentially, it's great writing mixed in between constant drinking, smoking, and sex.) They ended season 2 in October, but it won a few awards so it will definitely be back.

May as well add a clip from the beginning of Season 1. Joan, the head of the secretaries, informs the new girl (Peggy) how the office works.

I know I always keep a fifth of something in my desk. Good advice!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

I've seen S1 on DVD, and am anxiously looking forward to S2. I'm pretty sure S3 and S4 have been confirmed.

3. mineraljane

News Credits:
    That's great news about future seasons; I haven't really looked into it. You know, you could always look to other means for season 2 and then get the DVDs later to appease any possible guilt. (Just an off-the-record suggestion; I know we couldn't wait here for the official release.)

4. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Came in a little late in season 1, but liked what we saw enough to know we wanted to buy rather than rent. That and the snazzy LE Zippo packaging was too cool to pass up. We watched season 2 from start to finish and can't wait til season 3. I'd say it's my second favorite show behind Lost, easy. I had a sig/link to the intro/opening scene of the first episode at one point.

5. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I started watching it, then we got rid of cable and I haven't come back to it yet.

I loved the part where the kids are playing spaceman with the dry cleaner bag and the mom was more upset about her clothes being on the floor than the danger of having a plastic bag over your head.

6. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Been meaning to, I'm starting S1 tomorrow. I may start smoking cigarettes again after watching this, right?

7. mineraljane

News Credits:
    A great scene and pretty much a slice of the series as a whole whenever it confronts currently held ideas with those of the past.

YouTube - Concerns about plastic bags

8. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

I also have S1 on DVD and loved it, missed S2 but I'm sure I'll just pick it up on DVD also.

9. misternoodle

misternoodle Banned

that red haired chick is stacked as hell. *motorboat sound*