Mad Max 4

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by MTME, Jun 11, 2012.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Neither did I, until today.

I still need to see the first and third Mad Max films. The second one was thoroughly interesting.

3. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

The first one is ok, but it is very dated. You can skip the third one, but I know a few people who do like it. I think Tom Hardy is the best possible choice to replace Mel Gibson in this movie.

4. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    No, when I watch a film, I watch the entire film franchise. Just watch Jaws? Nuh-uh. I'm motherf**king watching Jaws, Jaws 2, Jaws 3D and Jaws: The Revenge! :lol  I would've preferred to watch the Mad Max films chronologically, but my friend told me that it's not a big deal; each previous movie is basically summed up in the first three minutes of each and he only owns the second one, so that's what we watched.

Tom Hardy is a good choice, yes. I think that Hugh Jackman would've also been spot-on.

5. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Funny, I thought these movies would never get beyond Thunderdome!

*rimshot*

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    They've already made one too many Mad Max movies. The first two were great, but the third was freaking dire.

7. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I've known this for months since I heard on Top Gear how there's going to be a special car being made for the film. A nice looking, futuristic Ford Interceptor.

8. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    yah i been hearin about this movie for a long time. good to finally hear its moving on

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The third one is probably my favorite. I'd never argue that it's concluding action scene is better than Road Warrior's, but Beyond Thunderdome is the one that really went out and committed itself to building a full world for the franchise, not just an isolated refinery or a barely-apocalyptic rural area. There was a lot more ambition in Thunderdome and I think it mostly paid off.

I'm pumped for Mad Max 4. I think the fact that the original writer/director is coming back makes this much more promising than a lot of long-delayed sequels. Mind you, Indiana Jones 4 was the same way, so we'll have to wait and see how this turns out. I'm excited for it, though.

10. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Well, Rosie Huntington-Whitely is now a part of it.

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Takes Mad Max: Fury Road - ComingSoon.net

I'm sure that article was followed by various comments of varying stupidity about "she's a model and can't act", "Michael Bay's trash is everywhere", "she was awful" and so forth. :rolleyes2  I'm not even going to read them and find out.

11. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

it appears that i have never seen the first one. i need to see it before i decide if i want to see number 4.

12. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    the 2nd one is the best IMO, but to really get the story, its good to watch part 1. A Little hard to understand though

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    It's actually a pretty even split between "can't act" and "holy crap, her neck is long." I'm fine with her, personally. It'll be interesting to see what a better director can get out of her.

14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The flipside to that is that the movie was a rambling, disjointed mess. They built too much world, and wrote too little story.

15. Rusty24

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley isn't a bad actress in my opinion. She was good in DOTM even though it was her first time acting. She could be quite good once she gets some more roles under her belt. I doubt she'll ever win any Oscars, but I don't think she is a bad actress.

16. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Being a kid of the 80s is rough when it comes to movies. Everything we grew up with is now being torn up critically- or maybe they were back then but being kids we didn't care. Beyond Thunderdome is one such movie- it had a broader appeal and was a little less serious then the first two, but as a kid I found it the most enjoyable and that grew with me. So yeah, I think Beyond Thunderdome is the best. Still I would recommend seeing all 3. The first one is drastically different then the other two.

I don't know why they want to make a 4th, though- post apocolyptic style movies are interesting enough on their own, so I don't know how much better it will do being a Mad Max.

17. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm quite hyped for it I loved the original and Road Warrior was epic TD I'm sorta meh on for me Max's Ford Falcon XB was just as much part of his character as his busted leg so with little of that gone it just didn't hit the spot for me

18. Rusty24

Yeah I hope they bring back Max's Ford Falcon for this movie. It is a huge aspect of the character to me and I missed it in Beyond Thunderdome. To me it is one of the most iconic movie cars.

19. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, see the thing with the car- didn't matter much to me as a kid. I'm sure it would bother me now.

20. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    the problem with Thunderdome is that by then, the original idea of Max was gone. That being that he is law abiding cop that goes rogue as they hurt those he cares for. Road Warrior kept some of that and incorporated the whole "redeem myself by helping those in need" stuff just right. Thunderdome over does it with that second part, and no longer has him as a badass.