Macross Zero Robotech 1/60 Valkyrie Yamato VF-0A

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by -Barricade-, Dec 5, 2007.

1. -Barricade-

-Barricade- Forza Ferrari!

News Credits:
  2. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

That's no Roblowtach. LOL.

BTW the link you posted is overpriced for a version without the Ghost Booster. Normally stand alone VF-0A's go for $130 to $140 shipped. Also, that version had issues with faulty plastic being used near the upper bicep part, this was common on the early VF-0S and VF-0A.

You'd be better off with the VF-0A Shin Kudo hero variant.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VF-0A-GHOST-BOO...ryZ16467QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I only have the VF-0S but I'm looking foward to completing my Zero (and Plus) collection next year.

[​IMG]

3. -Barricade-

News Credits:
  4. -Barricade-

News Credits:
    O yeah, thanks for the price info, I will keep my eye out :) 

5. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

The VF-0A had a slight production problem with the arms snapping off (which can be fixed by loosening the screws in the arms and reducing the tension). However, the VF-0A that comes with the Ghost booster has the problem fixed. I have two of both version and never had a problem. But then again I treat my valks as though they were made of glass.

Welcome... another potential member of the Yammy club!

6. -Barricade-

News Credits:
    Are they a lot more fragile then a MP SS?

7. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

After seeing all the cases of stress fractures with US MP SS I wouldn't say Yamato's are any more fragile.

But you DO have to treat them with a bit more finesse than a Transformer.

Heck. I've only had one or two major problems (namely the VF-0S arms) with my Yamato collection and I'm nearing 20 VF's.

8. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

I'd say a Yammy valk is more sturdy and better built out of better materials. But you do have to be careful with them. Treat it like your sister, not your girlfriend. ;) 

9. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    I'd stay away from the VF-0A you have posted if I were you. No guarantee that you'll have the arm problem, but it's not really worth the risk. I took the risk and paid for it with a 0A that had both shoulders shatter ... they were able to be somewhat repaired with LOTS of superglue, but I put him back in his box and have been afraid to remove him ever since.

If you can afford it, go for the Ghost bundle that Pinoy pointed out. The VF-0a itself is virtually identical to the one you listed, just a few minor added paint apps, but the joints shouldn't be a problem at all. You could probably sell off the Ghost and other parts if you'd want.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Actually Shockwave, the arms were not fixed until the VF-0S with Booster Combo came out. So both the first VF-0S, VF-0A, VF-0A Kudo Shin Type w/booster set, are all prone to breaking arms.

Masterpiece Starscream is comparable to the yamato's with regards to durability. So long as you trim the problem hinges you should be fine. The fragility of Yamato valks(aside the first VF-0's) and SS are highly exxagerated.

11. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    I think the Shin Kudo Type was partly fixed. Partly as in roughly half the production run has the new parts. So, it's still going to be a crapshoot. Just not nearly as much as the previous versions.