Machine Robo Info

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Brodimus Prime, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=y_abMOtHKLQ&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b0qNOW4gtyE

I came across these two vids from Machine Robo the other day. The first I think is the opening for Battlehackers. I know that Machine Robo is the cousin of Go-Bots over in Japan, and I must say I'm impressed. I think if we had gotten something that looked like this instead of the Hanna-Barbara show we got, we may very well be looking forward to a Go-Bot live action movie instead of TF. :D 

Nevertheless, I had some questions for those who may be familiar with MR. First off, I noticed the bots that became Fitor and Monstrous (both Renegades over here), they appear in the first vid. Were there a lot of would-be Go-Bots that appeared in MR, like say Cy-Kill, Crasher, or Leader-1? I'm curious to see how many of them saw action in both shows/toylines. Secondly, I noticed a lot of humans in the vids. Was MR more along the lines of Gundam, or were the robots sentient like in TF, and if so, what was the role of the humans? Lastly, anyone know a rough outline of the plot (is it anything like Go-Bots)? Thanks for any info. Now I need to find some more vids of these stuff. Looks like a cool series.

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I haven't watched it yet, so I'm not remotely the best source of information, but I've done some light research on Machine Robo in the past and I think I can answer at least one question. At least a few of the robots are sentient, as opposed to being human-piloted mecha. I think the humans are generally the main characters though.

The series is out on DVD in the US, and I've been meaning to pick it up for a long time, but haven't gotten around to it yet. :\