MAAS Toys Tetra Jets

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Kayin

Kayin Well-Known Member

Just what I think of this set!

2. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

I actually have pledged/order both sets from mass, but if bbts is offering a preorder with no money down now, I am canceling and going through bbts, could care less for the royal dress for starscream, and if you want to be a g1 purest starscream should not have that option pre-earth.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    You people realize that cancelling your pledge and going with BBTS instead could kill the project, right?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

No, if bbts receives my order, plus let's say X amount of pre-orders, then bbts will pledge X amount and they are paying for it a year in advance, freeing up my money to spend elsewhere now, and in a years time when these pieces are released bbts will have my money.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Who's to say they didn't already pledge? If they did buying from them and cancelling your pledge is taking money away from the project, not adding to it.

From the looks of it it's going to come up short, now isn't the time to screw around and take chances cancelling pledges.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

This is exactly what I'm wondering. If I knew that bbts was going to match pledges with the pre-orders they receive then I'd love to preorder. Moving to a new place has definitely decimated my TF budget till well after the crowdfund deadline.

7. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

BBTS has indeed put in their pledge and yes, any cancelations would indeed remove from the current ballance.

• Like Like x 4
  8. mohawkmagandhi

mohawkmagandhi Member

If I'm in for three, I'm in for six or nine or twelve or whatever. Am I best to crowdfund the three pack now, or all six? I'm just curious on when the conehead trio will be billed? If it's as soon as the crowd fund ends, as I understand the seekers are, then I'll hold off. If it's at a later date once their individual crowdfunds have been deemed a success, then I'll go in el pronto. I just don't want to have to look for a second job in a week, haha.

Bottom line, I own the Impossible Toys tetras, and I really want these guys to fly (pun intended).

9. Fr33fall

Fr33fall Well-Known Member

I'll say this for the BBTS listing, it got me interested. I had no idea these were even a thing.

That said, what's this company's track record? I've never heard of them at all. I wouldn't mind getting a better set of seekers than the MP-11 mold, and I didn't care for the cartoony looking Make Toys ones, so these are aesthetically appealing, but they could also end up being total duds.

10. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where is the link for the crowdfunding

11. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  12. MegaDarth

MegaDarth Well-Known Member

OR if their preorders sell well they will put in another big batch order?

Why haven't TFS, Chosen Prime, Toy Dojo done the same as BBTS? Would definitely get the project off the ground....

13. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's only at 64 percent with 4 days to go. I don't think it's gonna happen. They should have just done one and did an amazing job and went from there and good reviews would have had more people buying

14. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know Brandon at TCP is driving to Toronto from Arizona for TFCon (just a lot cheaper than shipping his displays to the show) so if he is going to (I haven't heard either way) it would probably be after he arrives there. Maybe after talking with the Maas people.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Possibly a manchildren...maybe?

News Credits:
    They've had two releases that I know of: a floppy G1 Cybertron Bumblebee and the Unrustable Bastards.

Ball joints seem to be their biggest concern. Volks was a bit soft in the shoulders and arms.

And monitoring quality. I think three or four of my Bastards had qc issues ranging from missing small pieces to minor assembly damage.

16. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Hicks is very much not the one to listen to on this as he not only complained throughout the Bastards thread on just about everything but he also never even bothered to contact customer service regarding his issues so they can't at all be confirmed. As a matter of fact on the over 3000 bastards we have sent out we have had a total 3 customer service issues, 2 missing pieces or wrong pieces and one poor paint and on the 2000 of the skiff mold we have put out already we have had 2 customer service issues, bad paint on a rune face and an arm missassembly.

As for balljoints, well they are not always going to be perfect. Ball joints can be difficult to get 100% right 100% of the time but the bulk of figures that I know of have acceptable tollarances and never have difficulty holding poses including any 1 foot poses you may be interested in.

Quality is one of our concerns and I can assure you we will do our utmost best to ensure a high quality production piece. If you ever have a problem you can hit me up personally and I will take care of it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do like the concepts for SG Starscream and G1 Metalhawk from this mold, and from the Maketoys Galaxy Meteor mold. I suppose I'll buy whichever makes those decos first. Preferably one from each mold.

36064801_10214378431512701_6468565603585097728_n.png 36176567_10214378431352697_3649086381700939776_n.png SGRenegade.jpg

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  18. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

The CF will be billed closer to the end of July or early Aug and of course if there are difficulties just let the customer service know and everyone will do their best to accommodate. The idea is to get this done, not make things difficult.

I believe best bet in your scenario would be to get the first 3 on the CF to help boost that and then for the Pointmen go through BBTS and then no need for up front on that and you are still supporting indirectly.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is exactly the reason why I said yesterday that BBTS putting preorders up was a bad idea.

Smooth move BBTS. :lol 

20. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would assume that Maas thinks they will gain more orders from having BBTS list them than Maas will lose. Because for every person who cancels a preorder from the Maas site and moves to BBTS, BBTS will make at that many preorders, plus more. so they overall number will be the same or higher preorders from BBTS as Maas loses.

Let's say 50 people cancel from the Maas site and preorder from BBTS instead. BBTS will preorder 70 or 80 so that they can cover those 50, so they have some to stock too. Maas just turned 50 orders into 80.