MA-09 Movie Voyager Ironhide (Japanese)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by viper2391, Aug 31, 2007.

1. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm finally returning back home from a 2 week work here in Japan... Miss ko na 'Pinas!

Anyway, I finally managed to snag this. Hope you like it.

Movie Voyager Ironhide.

Packaging... not much difference from Hasbro except for the obvious stickers and it comes with translated instructions and some promotional brochure... typical Takara.
    [​IMG]
    Ironhide is pretty neat the transformation is one of the best but the black plastic makes it look dull sometimes.
    Truck mode. You can see it with and without his BIG guns. You decide which looks better.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ironhide in robot mode is very good. It has not too complex but not to easy transformation. More color details can make this figure look better. There's probably little or no noticeable kibble on this figure. I'm impressed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ironhide comes with two cannons/guns which can be combined to produce another bazooka type cannon or gun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall, the figure is very good and this figure is in very high demand now so if you see one you might want to pick him up.

Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Any idea how he differs to his US release? I see a little more blue on his lights, and his wingmirrors look like they're painted silver now too. Not bad.

3. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry, but I do not have the US version...

4. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

The brighter colors seem to be due to the flash. As for the side view mirrors, they're black, and none of the pics show the "mirror" part, so we can't be sure... I doubt there's any paint or silver sticker on them.

5. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Too bad the Japanese version couldn't have something different about it. Like chromed parts, or chrome plastic or something that made him pop more.

Overall, he's a VERY nice figure.

6. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hmm.. I thought the Japanese version had longer smoke stacks. I guess not...