M.S.R.P and Launch Date Sales Promotion

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by TechNoMad, Jun 17, 2010.

1. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't suppose anybody has heard anything about a sales promotion for WFC? I am seriously leaning towards the The Gamestop/ Shockwave version, but if the price is better somewhere else, I would give it consideration.

Anyone heard of any upcoming release sales, or is this game just gonna have the characters/comics Add-ons?

2. warhokie

warhokie Well-Known Member

I've heard of one.. but it was hearsay.. co-worker was asking the kid in the game section if they were getting any kind of bonus (he's still debating where to by from) and was told that the kid "seemed to remember" seeing something about a $5 or $10 gift card when you by the game starting the 27th... but again.. that was one kid at one target.. noting offical... mine and my wife's copy have been preorderd forever at gamestop (for me) and bestbuy (for her)

3. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't seen anything about a sale price or anything, but games don't get first week discounts all that often. I'm getting 3 bucks off from amazon for pre-order price guarantee (it briefly dropped to 56.99, but went back to 59.99).

As far as pre-order stuff the only store that was supposed to have a pre-order item and didn't is target.

amazon has $10 towards a future game purchase and walmart gives you a $10 e-giftcard.

4. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Also this game while we are all excited about it its not going to be the kind of release that retailers will see as warranting any kind of promotions. Compare to a new madden coming out target say gives a 10 giftcard release week with pruchase. The number of copies it will sell and the almost certainty of additional business due to the gift card is worth it. So it just depends on how big the release is expected to be.

5. demonicvenom07

demonicvenom07 Well-Known Member

I know at my kmart, you get a comic and a $10 gift card, thats all I know, besides all the other preorder characters.

6. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well that cool, cause I didn't know. And as tempting as the Target rumor is I may not be able to hold out that long. I did not really expect anything large like a halo or MW2 thing though. Yeah I know that most pretty much all games dont go immediately on sale but I can dream.