M.A.S.K. Subline?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AlanGarou, Feb 11, 2011.

1. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

Recently, all of the TF sublines going on have gotten my mind going. We had transforming vehicles without robot modes in the form of Stealth Force, and human interaction in the form of Human Alliance. Why not merge the two in a M.A.S.K.-style line that could be integrated into the fiction somehow?

Considering that Hasbro even released a Matt Trakker figure in the G.I. Joe line a few years ago, maybe we could see a full-blown crossover at some point.

Thoughts?

2. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

Interesting point.
    While I was a casual MASK fan as a kid at best, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened given the revived nostalgia for 80's toys (Joe, G1 TF's, Tron, Thundercats).
    While the new Matt Tracker figure may have been a one-off kind of tribute to MASK, it appears that the legal rights would be clear for Hasbro to give MASK another go.
    Will be interesting to see.

3. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OPTIMUS/RHINO!! Please!

4. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

Precisely. As for some other ideas...

Motormaster as the Outlaw
    Ironhide as the Slingshot
    Drag Strip as the Buzzard
    Huffer as the Bulldog
    Slingshot as the Meteor
    Hoist as the Wildcat

5. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

This would never work. A TF sub-line would never be big enough to please anyone.

6. cosmos360

cosmos360 Not a door bell

I love M.A.S.K. I always wanted a live action movie. But there probably will never be one, people will just keep saying them same thing.........'' M.A.S.K. is just Transformers and G.I. joe''

7. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They would never call it M.A.S.K., but I could see them possibly introducing human interaction into the Stealth Force line (if they decided to ever use some bigger, more complex vehicle designs). Neat idea for sure, though.

8. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Oh they definitely should be given the green-light. Given that HA figures are now expanding beyond the main characters (these new ones have a definite Joe-feel to them if you ask me), a M.A.S.K. sub-line is a realistic possibility. Maybe not in the foreseeable future but after all the DOTM hoop-la has run its course... :) 

9. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I have to agree that a M.A.S.K./Transformers cross-over would be pretty sweet. It'd also be feasible to tie /that/ in with G.I. Joe. Matt Tracker did have a Joe figure afterall, so the Joes could be the ones who set everything up. As for a live-action movie I think it'd totally work. So long as it's written well it should play out as a 90-minute car-chase. With flying cars and stuff. I'd buy that...

~Z