Customs: M.A.S.K Alternators

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by skidsinlimbo, Jul 13, 2007.

1. skidsinlimbo

skidsinlimbo Well-Known Member

was thinking that the M.A.S.K vehicles are the same scale as Alternators and several of them are fairly realistic looking.

So I was thinking which M.A.S.K vehicles could serve as Pretender shells, there are several you could probably fit a transformer inside with a bit of work.

Some that could function as 1:24 micromaster bases with appropriate "Micro" masters

and I believe some one maybe Superquad has already given us Alternator bases from Boulder Hill and the Billboard

So what homages could you achieve which transformers would you select for the interior and which ones would make suitable Neo "micro"masters

I was pondering Slingshot as Roadblock.

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I dunno.

It has been a LONG time since I've seen a MASK toy in person or have had one. I'd love to see one of Thunderhawk or similar

3. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I dunno.

It has been a LONG time since I've seen a MASK toy in person or have had one. I'd love to see one of Thunderhawk or similar

4. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Raven as Tracks would be kinda cool. I mean, they're both flying Corvettes.

That, and it's the only M.A.S.K. thing I've got left...

5. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Raven as Tracks would be kinda cool. I mean, they're both flying Corvettes.

That, and it's the only M.A.S.K. thing I've got left...

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    You remembered! :D  Yes, I have used a few of the bases for accessories for my Alts (still working out Boulder Hill, but it's finished for the most part).

I did my homework, and the main designer of the M.A.S.K. line said they used 1:24 models to build the protos and worked from there. For the most part, the line itself is essentially 1:24 scale because of this. The figures measure to scale with the Alts/BTs, but the Alts/BTs are not made to have them as passengers for the most part (they fit inside the Mustang, but that's it that I know of). This is the only photo I currently have that can illustrate the scale of the M.A.S.K. line with Alts:

[​IMG]

I have a couple of photos that I can post later tonight that shows the scale of the Rhino in comparision with 2 Alts and movie Prime.

I've also seen the Rhino used as a Motormaster shell on a 20th Prime (were the search function up, I'd cite the source). As for your idea, not to :horse:  but the sky is the limit. Personally, I'd think it might be easier to make a reshell out of a model kit than use some of the M.A.S.K. vehicles. However, like with the Rhino and some of the other M.A.S.K. toys, you'll probably be hard up to find a kit that is similar.

Should you choose to do this, definately keep us posted! Personally, I'd love to see what you come up with :wink: 

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    You remembered! :D  Yes, I have used a few of the bases for accessories for my Alts (still working out Boulder Hill, but it's finished for the most part).

I did my homework, and the main designer of the M.A.S.K. line said they used 1:24 models to build the protos and worked from there. For the most part, the line itself is essentially 1:24 scale because of this. The figures measure to scale with the Alts/BTs, but the Alts/BTs are not made to have them as passengers for the most part (they fit inside the Mustang, but that's it that I know of). This is the only photo I currently have that can illustrate the scale of the M.A.S.K. line with Alts:

[​IMG]

I have a couple of photos that I can post later tonight that shows the scale of the Rhino in comparision with 2 Alts and movie Prime.

I've also seen the Rhino used as a Motormaster shell on a 20th Prime (were the search function up, I'd cite the source). As for your idea, not to :horse:  but the sky is the limit. Personally, I'd think it might be easier to make a reshell out of a model kit than use some of the M.A.S.K. vehicles. However, like with the Rhino and some of the other M.A.S.K. toys, you'll probably be hard up to find a kit that is similar.

Should you choose to do this, definately keep us posted! Personally, I'd love to see what you come up with :wink: 

8. skidsinlimbo

Thanks Superquad .

There's probably only a handful it would work on as pretenders but others might work as Micromaster bases e.g Outlaw with new versions of Pipeline and Gusher.

The Frontloader Vandal i'm tempted to have a go at making some kind of Alternator type Duocon. Although the robot mode would truly be horrible although in that respect it would be in keeping with the original.

9. skidsinlimbo

Thanks Superquad .

There's probably only a handful it would work on as pretenders but others might work as Micromaster bases e.g Outlaw with new versions of Pipeline and Gusher.

The Frontloader Vandal i'm tempted to have a go at making some kind of Alternator type Duocon. Although the robot mode would truly be horrible although in that respect it would be in keeping with the original.