Lying Ebay Sellers should BURN!!! (Long Rant Ahead)

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Mega-Prime, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Mega-Prime

Mega-Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am so angry right now, I can't even see straight... :mad  :mad  :mad 

I won this auction 1 month ago: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270013432423&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fws%2Fsearch%2FSaleSearch%3Fsofocus%3Dbs%26satitle%3D270013432423%26sacat%3D-1%2526catref%253DC5%26amp%253Bsspagename%3Dh%253Ah%253Aadvsearch%253AUS%26from%3DR7%26nojspr%3Dy%26pfid%3D0%26fsop%3D1%2526fsoo%253D1%26fcl%3D3%26frpp%3D50%26fvi%3D1

I pay the guy within the first couple of days, then a full week later , Aug 16th, he sends me an email saying the toy's been shipped out. (Strike 1)

Two more weeks go by & still nothing, so I send him another email to check on things... no reply. (Strike 2)

Well, today I finally get him, (+ an extra 36$ in duty fees at the Post Office).

Before going any further... let's recap on the auction itself. The title read's "SEALED G1 VINTAGE TRANSFORMERS HOIST MISB AFA READY"

Well, the very first thing that jump's right up & hit's me in the face when I open up the package is BAM! It's not sealed!... Steeeriike 3, Yer ou...uh, what??? there's more?????

I quickly fired up the ol' keyboard & wrote this dear sir the following:

Now he's quick on the keys, 'cause not 5 minutes later I get this reply:

(To clarify, the toy came loosly packed in a box with torn magazine pages. I also emailed him before bidding to make sure he would ship to Canada.)

So I replied:

Well, I decided to check AFA's website to find out if infact they did grade Un-Sealed toys & I was shocked to find out that they do.

This sort of doused the flames alittle bit, as far as the claim he made that it was AFA Ready.

I thought I'd just have to bite the bullet & take this one up the wazoo... But THEN...

I decided to open the box & check if the contents were at least still sealed...

Guess what I found? ... I'll let my last email to the guy speak for itself:

So now I'm sitting here FUMING MAD!!!

Who's to say that's not a 5$ overstock Hasbro reissue sitting in that box???

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

2. D-Compose

D-Compose wCw United States Champ

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that dude , some sellers are just PLAIN IDIOTS, case closed.

3. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

whoa. and all HIS FUSS about it being sealed still. that bubble can in NO WAY come loose in transit like that. that looks like it was opened before mailing.

i'd toss this one over to e-bay and put up a fuss to get your full money back.

4. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    what was this guys name, it wasnt collectortoystop was it. i'm at work and cant access the ebay link. if it is we have something in common. let me know. damn, that guy ripped you hard.

5. Paper Mariowned

Paper Mariowned Well-Known Member

What an a-hole. Dishonesty is so easy on eBay because all you can do is send a nasty e-mail unfortunately, get your money back at most. I say mail him a dead skunk

6. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Did he apply the stickers also? I thought that he didn't come with the yellow/black side stickers applied(and the small ones on the 'hoist' part)?

7. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    if you look closer, you can see in the one picture, the tape is cut

8. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    anyways.

file a claim with paypal, then send back an empty box

paypal will give you your money back as long as you provide them a shipping number that you shipped the package. just mail an empty box, get your money back, and keep the toy

that'll show the ass.

paypal 99% of the time ALWAYS sides with the buyer. which is why you can pretty much buy anything, file a claim as not as described, then just mail back an empty box, get your money back, and keep the item.

yeah its dishonest, but so is getting ripped off in the first place

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Would go for a full refund on this one, and never look back before it becomes a thorn in your side.
    It's weird that in one of the pics in the auction, you can see that the tape is broken, but he listed it as MISB anyway. Probably should've asked about that boxtape first, but still you're right and you caught his mistake.

Sorry to hear. It's possible that the guy is just a dumbass instead of a ripper and that could be the original Hoist. It looks to be in good shape all around but yeah you probably paid an arm for it.

10. Mega-Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can see it now, but since the pictures arent all that clear to begin with, I held the guy to his word that it was sealed... Lesson learned.

I'm giving him 24hrs to get back to me, then I'm filing a claim with Ebay.

Funny how he's gone completely silent since my last email. :sly: 

11. Mega-Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Try 230$ + 36$ Canadian duty = 260$ U.S

Which makes going through Paypal a total rip since they keep a 25% cut & don't cover any shipping expenses... That means I'd get about 155$ back. That's 105$ down the shitter for something that's totally the seller's fault.

"Urge to kill... Rising" :throw 

12. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

that stinks...sorry to hear that. File all the claims you can. get as much of you money back as possible.

13. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Call your bank if you sent money with them and call your cc company if you used them. My bank is currently getting my cash back for a "MIB Grandus" Which was orange and was no box or insert.

14. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    The white was orange? Yikes.

15. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I realize you don't need more aggravation over this, but I noticed that when he replied he neglected to comment on his shipping charge.

The auction itself states: "Shipping costs: US $12.00."

That's like strike eleventeen against this seller.

16. Mega-Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I knew shipping would be higher for Canada.

But 20$ was still a total rip.

17. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Can you file paypal claims across countries? I thought I read somewhere that you couldn't.

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Ouch! Id go evil and fight fire with fire with this one and go for the refund, BUT FIRST, swap it with a TRU reissue Hoist hehe.
    That may make a little difference to help cover that wasted $105.

Still sucks, but may help the wound heal a little knowing you pulled a fast on on him. It's stooping to a lower level but you deserve some justice.

I just hope the one you got is the original and not the reissue. Maybe you can remove it for pics and get some help here to clarify. I have an extra 7$ Hasbro reissue Hoist if you need it for swappage before going for the refund.

19. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe that the Reissue Hoist had no springs in his arms, to fire his missiles. If it has the springs in the arms, then it may be a legit one. Not positive on this one though, but my reissue Hoist had no springs in his arm, but my Trailbreaker does.

20. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    That's nothing, a US seller wants to charge me $40 of shipping for a Voltron. Yeah, sure.