lunch special Optimus Prime Found!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatron187, Dec 26, 2008.

1. megatron187

megatron187 Well-Known Member

Check out the ultra rare find I got a hold of!!! I remember seeing this on this website a while ago Clear Prime

I picked this up from a guy that was selling off a bunch of transformers and to my surprise I saw this and it blew me away!!!! The figure is still sealed so I'm pretty happy that I finally got my hands on one!!! Does anybody know much about this rare bad boy???? Please any feedback will help!!!! thanks

Attached Files:

2. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    open it up and see if the roller/accessories are clear.

3. megatron187

Ok I will!!!!! I will post pics later today!!! thanks

4. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    What?! Are you kidding? You've got a seriously rare sealed prime there and you're going to open it? Keep in mind, I'm a all out-of-box collector but, I wouldn't open something like that. That's crazy talk.

5. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Thats bad ass! It looks legit too, the Hasbro short stacks, and black tires. The KO has the long stacks, and clear tires, not to say those parts cant be switched, but who knows.

The problem is, it can be faked very easily, even the sealed part. If it had a clear trailer with a China stamp, it would be 100%, but everything else could be swapped with a KO. I bought the KO version, with everything clear, trailer, tires, gun, everything, I love it. I know paid over $120 for a mass produced KO, so a serious collector would probably pay you well to take that bad boy off your hands.

6. megatron187

Yea this is by far a Hugh gem that I got a hold of probably this is the rarest transformer I have ever got a hold of!!!!!! How much do you guys think this is worth???? thanks for all the feedback!!!

7. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I have one too, bought it for around $100. It's not a lunch time special, it's produced from the KO mold from the KO dealers.

8. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I was kinda figuring that is was from the KO, there should be wire ties around the wheels of the cab in the box, IIRC

9. megatron187

Did they do KO's back in 2002 cause this is when this guy purchased it on ebay and I have the clear ko prime and everything on it is clear and this one isn't clear all over it looks just like the lunch time one????? It's gotta be the one!!!!!

10. Optimus Scourge

News Credits:
    Well, it is very easy to fake this...

how can you be sure "the guy" who got it in 2002 is actually is telling you the truth?

how much did you pay for it?

11. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this isn't an official release right?

cool tho

12. megatron187

Well I've known him for quick a while and he has been in the transformers scene for quick a long time and he has all original stuff and has never had a KO before just original stuff he hates them as much as you guys do and I made him a offer of $70.00 for it and he accepted so I believe it is real he wouldn't sell me a figure that he tampered with he's a legitimate transformers collector!!!!!! He told me he bought it off ebay back in 2002!!! peace

megatron187

13. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    What's the account name?

14. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Is there any way to tell if it's a knockoff? Markings?

15. turboedguy

News Credits:
    Well the KO sells for over $100, so if it was a real Hasbro lunchtime speical, and he was a knolagable collector, I doubt he would let it go for only $70.:confused: 

Just saying...

Just the front hubs on the cab, but I cant see them through the box. The KO had old school original type hub nuts, the legit Hasbro has the reissue type hubs. Also, if the trailer was clear, the KO trailer would say Japan, where as the legit Reissue Hasbro would say China. Problem is, becides the hubs, everything else is super easy to fake. I suppose the hubs could be faked too, but it would be hard to do so without marring them slightly.

16. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I've never actually seen one of these guys packaged in the 2002 reissue boxing before. It seems awfully suspicious to me esp considering you only paid $70 dollars for it. The real LBs got for much more than that.

17. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah. i like being the kill joy so....

You have a KO or a unlicensed "lunch time special" ...this was never a offical hasbro designed or marked product...it is in the reissue box so they were avaliable from TRU or hasbrotoystore.com back in the day....

since the trailer is wiretied and the cab is not...i would say someone swapped the cab out on you....

value of it...whatever you think it has....

collectible value....ZILCH...it is a KO....

looks neat...

but has as much value as the all clear parts KO prime...whatever someone will pay for it what is worth....

18. Optimus Scourge

News Credits:
    Hey, man, I a not trying to call you a lair, I a just trying to get varification on this piece.

Unfortunately, a "Lunch time special" as it is referred to, could be easily faked, especially when you can mix and match parts and get the same thing.

But, honestly, considering you payed $70 for it, that is a very good deal, but also makes me wonder that if this guy was such a fan as you claim, wouln't he know it was special?

And if he got it in 02, he paid a fortune for it, as the couple of auctions that did pop up went for serious cash.

I doubt he would forget that and cough it up for $70

Heck, I have the clear KO (one of the very few KO I actually own) and I know that even the KO is cool enough to not let me want to let it go.

I would be interested to hear that as well, as I don't know of any markings on the cab, and seeing as it is mixed with a regular trailer, hard to tell.

19. turboedguy

News Credits:
    See my above post, If you own the KO, and a reissue prime, look at both the front wheel hubs, that would be hard to fake, they are really on there good.

20. Melkava

Melkava Well-Known Member

Like what turboedguy, changes/swaps can be easily made.
    Better shots are needed to tell for the boxed experts or just take it out of the box, if its legit it will hold its "value" for those concerned about it.
    From Remy's collection