Lunar SSH for PSP - Impressions?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by jerryitus, Mar 9, 2010.

1. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

If anyone has started playing the recently released Lunar Silver Star Harmony for PSP I'm interested to see what they have to say about it. I just got mine yesterday, and was really impressed with the bonus cards included in the special edition and the extra back-story bit at the beginning.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is the backstory only in the SE?

3. jerryitus

I don't know, but I doubt it, the game starts with a battle that fills in some backstory. From my initial inspection I think the UMD is the same for the special edition as the normal game (doesn't say special edition on it from what I can remember)

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll probably pick up the digital version of this before the weekend. Loved the demo.

5. jerryitus

I hadn't played the demo, but the graphics/sound turned out really nice. My only complaint so far was the loading (for EVERYTHING), but I would assume that the digital version wouldn't have that problem.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It didn't in the demo, but who knows. My only issue with the game, which due to it's portable nature might not be such a big deal, is the click to travel deal. I like exploring the overworld in the original.

7. jerryitus

I agree, I like the original sega cd game that let you explore the overworld, IMO, "click to travel" doesn't make any RPG better, just let me save anywhere and explore.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    new song lyrics suck, new intro spoils the game for you if you havent played a previous version.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree about the lyrics. In fact I originally thought that maybe they had added new words to the song and expanded it, but nope, it's rewritten.

Could have sworn that I saw
    Luna as Althena
    before, during the Sega CD days, long before actually playing the game, but thought nothing of it, because so many anime characters had blue hair :D 

10. jerryitus

I'm actually happy that they did that part at the beginning, b/c its geared more towards loyal Lunar fans that already know the story and just want something more. I guess I didn't think too much about those that would be playing it for the first time. However, regarding the black smudge above, I figure it was more or less a hint, they didn't come out and tell you, but I think most would guess by the end anyways, no?