Ludacris

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by O-PRIME, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. O-PRIME

O-PRIME Member

Hi All,
    Well I posted this in my newbie section and I guess nobody really reads those. So I pass this to you as it was passed to me.
    I am one of those actor/bartender types in NYC and it just so happened that last week I had gotten into a conversation with a couple at my bar. That conversation of course being about Transformers and how much I am geeking out about this being made into a feature film etc. etc. etc., This couple was equally as excited. One more than the other because it so happens that they(leaving gender out) work for one of the larger talent agency's representing big actors(initals WM)...this agency I was told, is doing a lot of the voice casting for TF. This person disclosed to me that Ludacris has been cast as one of the decepticons.
    As I'm sure you are rolling your eyes at reading this, I was rolling my eyes upon hearing this. At which point I was told that I wouldn't even believe that it's Ludacris because his voice goes so deep and that the vocal work they are doing for this film is amazing! So I guess, chew on this one a little bit guys!
    TF 7/4/7

2. Mexi-Con

Mexi-Con ...Stop Me When I'm Lying

Ebay:
    I could see him as Jazz, But What decepticon he would be I'm not sure. Makes no sense.

3. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Actually, I'm the opposite. I could see him doing a good 'bad guy' voice, but not Jazz, at least not if they're going for the Scatman Caruthers's sound. I'm betting he'll be Brawl.

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    When I saw the thread title, I thought he would be playing a human, and that made me very sad.

Playing a TF voice, I have no problem with that.

5. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    He'd make a pretty good soundwave if they modified the voice a little bit. I just hope he doesn't speak "all gangsta like". The transformers are supreme mechanical beings from outer space, they probably have developed the ability to annunciate.

I would also like to announce the role of starscream will be played by Eminem and Big Pun will be Megatron.

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Who?

7. Dio

Dio Scrapper

He proved to be quite articulate in Crash, I'll be very happy if he's cast as a TF.

8. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I thought he was going to be on the soundtrack and thus at some point, blaring from a yellow Camaro in the movie.

VA? Pssh. Sure.

9. TwentyFourth

TwentyFourth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AGREED. Tyrese, Michael Clark Duncan, Bernie Mac, Anthony Andersen and now Ludacris........ is this a Transformers movie or the million man march? :rolleyes2 

Can't we get REAL actors instead of the gangster rappers and bad racist comedians? who are they trying to have this movie appeal to? I know I wouldn';t take MY kids to see a movie with the likes of Ludacris in it.

10. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

So....you don't like African Americans? Or do you just not like seeing them on your big time pay TV?

I hate Bernie Mac, and I rarely enjoy rap, but Tyrese looks about as tough, cool soldier as the come and Michael Clark Duncan is fucking fantastic.

11. Dio

Dio Scrapper

In before lock!

12. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

13. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    seriously though, nothing against him or nothing racist meant [since thats where the thread has regrettably gone]

i honestly cant see him doing a good voice for ANY of the characters. Perhaps inclusion on the soundtrack sure [he's done his fair of songs for Michael Bay films] but a VA?

eh

im iffy

seems a bit early to be casting VAs anyway, but what do i know

14. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Methinks the alcohol was talking or the air from the recent 62nd street brownstone explosion was messing with people's minds.:p 

Otherwise, I dunno, it could work, but I won't believe it til' I get solid confirmation. Like Josh said, I can see him as contributing to the soundtrack, but voice acting for a Decepticon....hmmmm...

15. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    I news for you:
    1 - its more than a million men
    2 - they're marching everywhere.

Is theres something wrong with black people getting roles in this movie?

As usual, I'm astounded by the racism of the fan community. Not everybody, but more than a few, and the fact that you're so bold as to announce your prejudice mind boggling.

16. TwentyFourth

TwentyFourth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Their are more blacks in this movie than a line of Takara repaints. Maybe one or two of them would be ok but so far we have five of them. Two of them are gangster rappers two of them are your typical reverse racism black standup comedians and the other one is the token action hero black for every summer action movie. When will enough be enough? Now Prime looks like a ghetto mobile. Michael Bay doesn't respect Transformers and they are catering to the lowest common denominator with this movie. It is a travesty.:puke: 

17. Dio

Dio Scrapper

I consider the "lowest common denominator" to be the fans this movie seems to bring the worst out of.

Of these "blacks" you so callously generalize, so far we've gotten:

(sadly, didn't work out) Michael Clarke Duncan - a FANTASTIC actor who has proven himself to be very versatile in films.

Ludacris - yes, a rap artist, but who has also done a fantastic job on the big screen and would bring experience AND enthusiasm to the table since he's obviously trying to expand his marketability into acting. As a VA, presumably for Jazz, he'd be quite fitting.

Tyrese Gibson - another aspiring young star who's proven himself to be a talented and marketable stage presence and will carry his role with enthusiasm. Low risk as a performer as well, because his role doesn't seem to be a large one.

Bernie Mac - this guy carried a successful evening sitcom for several seasons, and is a definite shoe-in for his role in this movie.

I personally don't see what the problem is... the casting seems to have been carried out very nicely and I expect the movie to be quite entertaining. However, it seems to be bringing out the worst in the fandom a year before it's even out in theaters...

18. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't forget Anthony Anderson!

What happened to all the big name stars that DM and MB wanted in the beginning? Sorry, 20 B and C list stars do not make up for 1 or 2 A list names.

19. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    lol five black guys in a movie doesnt make it cheesy black cinema. theres going to be a LOT of people running around, driving cars, getting shot at, etc. sheesh... way to make a new name just for that too:throw 

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    racism on the boards will not be tolerated. period.

people should realize that there will be hundreds of people in the film, you won't end up seeing anything but a realistic portrayal of society in real life I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.