Lucky Weeks

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kaiwera05, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    So I'm trying not to entirely gloat about my week here, but after going to my local Walmart and TRU for weeks and only finding the Sea of Bees, I finally lucked out in my efforts to find anything worthwhile! Firstly, I went to Walmart on Monday and browsed the TF aisle even though I had a grand total of $3 to spend on figures, and what do I see? Voyager Dreadwing staring me in the face, mocking my lack of money and telling me that he would be gone tomorrow. In my temporary insanity, I hid him and went back the next day to pick him up once I had money. He was still there, thank Primus.

Cut to yesterday, Saturday. I occasionally go to my local TRU and see a swarm of yellow (I kid you not, they had 3 whole pegs full of about 8 BB figures each) and what do I see amidst the swarm of yellow? The lone GDO figure on the pegs, Springer. The only one I really wanted from the case assortment. Best of all, since I'm assuming he should be about $17-18 due to TRU marking up exclusives and generally everything, since he wasn't in the system yet, they charged me the price of a normal Generations Deluxe!

Now I'm sure this is gonna mean that I'm not gonna find anything I want for another couple months, so I'm taking all this in stride.

Anyways, have any of you guys had awesome weeks like this?

EDIT: 1000th post!

2. s_cren

s_cren Banned

same thing happened to me the first time i went to look for dreadwing there he was only one left at walmart ! same week i got PE reflector and DOTM soundwave in a trade too!

3. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    i got lucky when checking TFsource and saw they had green giant back in stock. and found a GDO springer for $24 bucks on ebay too.
    and in ross i found Tailpipe HA DOTM figure.

so far im doing good.

4. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    my best friend ordered a birthday present for me that didn't come in on time a couple months back. we finally hooked up again last weekend for his wife's bday, and he pulled out a amazon jp box...

he ordered me AM prime terrorcon cliffjumper & skywarp :D 
    2 figures I always admired in pics but never would have bought myself. now skywarp is out of stock most places, cliffy is pretty scarce too. I considered that a pretty lucky day. :) 

5. maku098

maku098 ; solves everything.

News Credits:
    This Sunday, Hasbro employees were having a special offer at a mall in the Philippines, and they were selling the GDO Voyagers, Prime Thundertron and Ultra Magnus, Some Prime Cyberverse figures, some Prime: Robots in Disguise/First Edition Vehicons and the GDO Deluxes as a set of 4. I went there to get the deluxes, but I couldn't come early. I was lucky because there were only 2 sets of deluxes left, and I was able to buy one of them :D 

6. Mattress T

Mattress T Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    In the past two weeks I picked up prid kup, rumble, 3 vehicons, voyager dreadwing, and mp TC. I am broke, but loving life!

7. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Everyone has a lucky day/week/whatever. Mine was a guy at work giving me over a dozen TFs from his childhood, all I had to do was clean them. They were quite dirty, which is why they were free, I suppose.

8. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Last week, in one day scored GDO cliffy, swerve n wheelie for myself and a friend on tru.com, then went to a local grocery store and found Prime vehicon, kup, and rumble for $10 each. The next day i find the GDO legions at my local TRU and am able to also pick up another GDO cliffy and swerve for another friend

9. crcs

crcs Active Member

Last lucky break was awhile ago for me...found a kid and his mom selling an almost show complete line of energon figs on craigslist for $75 back in May. Almost every figure from the show with the exception of Omega Supreme, Optimus and Brutus Maximus in almost perfect condition. All so he could invest in a PS Vita. Kids nowadays...

10. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    For me my last lucky break came just last weekend. When I got TF Movie one leader Optimus Prime for the grand price of $6.00. Only part missing was the gun, which I know issues about.