Lucky Draw Transformers @ Botcon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by KING KONVOY, Feb 26, 2008.

1. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know that Orodruin picked up LD Primus and Hero Prime picked a LD Omega Supreme. Have other former attendees purchased or seen and other LDs? What was available? How much did it cost?

2. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    from images that I have seen, andrew hall aka blackgears/hydra usually has some for sale and they are the typical ebay prices

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Yup; Hydra pretty much always has some amazing pieces, including lucky draws. Nice guy too, very easy to chat to.

4. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

My wife picked up a LD Micron Legend Prime for me at Botcon for my birthday last year from Hydra. He was really cool about it, she told him she wanted it but would have to pay for it after the show so I wouldn't see it. So he packed it right up and put it away. I've emailed him once or twice to look for things too. Very friendly guy. I think she paid about $650 for the toy, which I think is pretty reasonable. There were a group of Japanese guys at the show last year who had at least one Lucky Draw, Masterpiece Prime, for $3500 I think. They had quite a few rare vintage Japanese Transformers including a Road Caesar Giftset for $300 (at least that's the price he quoted me on Sunday).

~X

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  5. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

The last few years, some of the dealers who specialize in Japanese Transformers have had some LD pieces. Prices vary a little, but are usually on par with what you see on Ebay - That is, very high.

Of course, since most of them are still sitting there on Sunday, the dealers may well be willing to negotiate a bit on these towards the end.

6. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for all your help!