Lucifer [Official Discussion]

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by hellrasinbrasin, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Hah.
    The mother of the devil is gonna live amongst us humans.
    Too funny.

2. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Mommy is getting what she wants, she's gonna use her boys against Daddy, and things will really go to hell. :lol 

Gotta wonder if she's the reason Mendi has lost his powers, she's a siphon of sorts? Seemed surprised she had the super strength there at the end.

There were just too many great one liners in this week's ep... Sin Eater.

Really cracked up when Luci said the server room looked a lot like hell... and he wanted to have a moderator room there for future fun and punishment.
    Been there.... :p 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah, that last episode where she just looked up at the sky, you kinda knew she'd be manipulative.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Just watched the latest episode. Seemed pretty by the numbers. At least as far as the buddy cop portion of the show is concerned. Honestly, I'd probably not watch this show if it was only the buddy cop parts as they seem to be the consistently weakest part of Lucifer unless they add to the overall season narrative.

I was actually amused by Amandiel going against their father, but considering he's molting I'm not sure he could take their mother back to hell and be the 'good son' even if he wanted to. It'll be interesting to see where his character goes from here and I wouldn't mind an episode or two that put him front and center in the future.

Lucifer's decision on how to reconcile the deal with his father and his chosen punishment seems fitting. I still think Mama Morningstar is up to something though as her pity act on Amandiel seemed deliberately manipulative. Also, can't say I'm surprised by her having super strength. Trapped in a human form or not she's still a celestial being.

5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Seriously, this show is awesome and the main character is hilarious. Although he can go from "lol funny" to paints on terrifying in a split second.

6. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    Yeah, when those red eyes glow, it's frightening. For a second. Good CGI with his eyes.

It's CGI right? :p 

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I wonder if this was a light hearted episode before they start to get more serious. I'll admit, I had some good laughs, even if the case wasn't that interesting. I'm also glad that they're going back to the supernatural; it was beginning to feel a little bit too much like early Castle.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Episode was kind of boring for me personally outside of the girls night out stuff. The previews for next week look much better though. Wonder how things are going to turn out for Lucifer in the long term and is Amandiel right about their father?

9. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    My wife and I were just discussing this show versus the Vertigo comic it's very very loosely based on. One significant change that I'm not sure I'm fond of is that God seems to be active in the TV show (at least in as far as giving orders and such) where in the comics it was much more of a Supernatural type situation where God had taken an indefinite sabbatical and had essentially abandoned creation to work itself out. I think I enjoy the comic's approach better.

10. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    Just got a chance to watch Lady Parts. Loved the girls night out... Chloe and Maze roommates??? lolololol

Luci playing with his new phone offered some good one liners.. Really loved when he and "I don't look like a cop" went to their Sex Party, which Luci mentions Eden being the first Sex Party and called it "Douche-Cam" to take vid of Det. Douche.
    Mendi was a hoot too... he loved his Crantini's until he became the Hangover Angel. :lol 

So who do we think will be the Angel of Vengeance that can't drive??? Michael???
    Wasn't Michael in the comics??

11. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Michael Imperioli is playing Uriel.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  12. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

"let me remind you of our deal, my son"...

13. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    He was, but I believe the actor is supposed to be playing Uriel. Also, if they were to bring in Michael I would hope that they would actually attempt to adapt the story arc from the comics and that would have to be an overarching theme for an entire season similar to Mama Morningstar this season. I'd rather they save it until they can get it right.

14. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    I might've missed something, and I didn't read the comics, but why doesn't Amenadiel seek other divine beings regarding his current state? Is he cut off from Heaven cause he brought that one corrupt cop back from Hell?

15. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    I'm going to tell you right now, the comics don't have much more then the name in common with the TV series. The TV cast outside of Lucifer are original characters*, the comics have a totally different theme and aren't about police procedural whodunits at all.

*(Well, there is a Maze and an Amenadiel, but while Maze isn't that far off in terms of personality, Amenadiel is the antagonist of most of the early comics and is wholly uncaring if entire nations die to accomplish what he wants; they're not brotherly or even friendly to each other, he's more of an angelic general with a host of angels at his command.)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    Well, that was quite the episode. Uriel seems to be "Final Destination" in action.

I really hope Lucifer is truly shaken for a while from this, it should be an extremely hard action to have undertaken (even though I saw it coming). Plus, he undoubtedly kept the blade, which will likely come into play later.

I've mentioned it before (and in my last post) that the show and the comics have very little in common, but this episode really pointed it out; this Lucifer is a pale shadow of the comic version and the "fight" really showcased it. I had really been hoping that Lucifer (in this show) was just playing and wasn't using his abilities because he didn't need to, but in a fight against Uriel in a situation like this I'd hoped he'd use some of his comic powers, but alas, nothing but punches. No hidden trap that Uriel didn't see coming, or his signature move of using the fires that ignited the stars to burn Uriel (and everything around them) to ash.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  17. calvin0

so he stole a blade from his sister and try to kill his mom.... and that guy is an angel?

18. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Maybe Azrael will show up looking for her blade in a later episode? It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. On a side note I'm always amused when media plays loose and fast with the gender of angelic beings.

Yeah, I was shaking my head pretty hard at that too. Honestly, the comic version of Lucifer would've slapped Uriel around like he was his little bitch. Though I almost bet Fox doesn't want to put the money into the effects. I've noticed we haven't gotten to see his 'angry face' this season at all yet either. And we barely ever see the angel's wings.

In media angels tend to not be all that noble. Hell, watching Supernatural the angel's there have done way worse so one stealing another's sword because he mistakenly believes he's doing his father's will? Not that big of a stretch as long as you get that angels in media typically aren't the perfectly good beings people get taught about in Church.

19. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what the ... holly sh*t

I want the next episode so bad ... I wonder what will happen after THIS

• Like Like x 1
  20. calvin0

wow, that ending...

I hope that doctor dont become a nun because she just found out that she used to sleep with the devil =D