Lowballing and Other Selling Peeves

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Satomiblood, Jun 14, 2009.

1. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe that most international buyers will not raise a ruckus if the item gets lost because they'll ruin it for everybody including themselves. If asked I'll mark it down and I don't erase any correspondence until the item is received. Not foolproof protection but still. International tracking IS useless for tracking but it serves the same purpose as delivery confirmation. I only ship items 1st class if it's a low value item.

I appreciate ebay new requirement that all shipping be tracked but it's stupid that they still have the USPS international 1st class option. For me to give someone this they have to specifically request it by email.

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Well, considering the "value" of the item is sort of subjective, I consider it a pretty "soft" issue. The value is what is paid for it... which can be way more than it's worth, OR much less. Jigging it a bit one way or the other seems like a pretty reasonable (and victimless) crime.

Customs fees are kind of a weird and sometimes bullshitty thing anyway... especially in Canada where the post office itself levies an additional service charge just for the "privilege" of collecting the customs fees from you. Often this service charge is higher than whatever customs are owed.

Will you send ME Jumpstarters if I irritate you? I could use the spare parts. :) 

zmog